User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That's a good point. A lot of the current currency does have buildings and such... but usually on the backs rather than the "face" of the bill. How many other countries don't put faces on their bills? I'm having trouble thinking of any right now, but I admit my knowledge of foreign currency is limited.
    the Euro doesn't have any faces on its bills, and I'm pretty sure any primarily Muslim nations wouldn't have faces on their bills.

Can anyone tell who the guy on the 5 is on #12?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    The only thing I support is changing the sizes of the bills so that it isn't impossible for the blind to determine what is what. Thats not a personal preference, as I like how neatly the bills stack. But there is necessity for it.

Those designs aren't all that impressive to me though.
    Well, the most compelling argument from Europeans I've heard is "How do you pay for stuff when you're drunk D8", because otherwise, I think, the notes could have some kind of braille-like-raised-indicator of the value.

If we were going to screw around with the sizes, it seems like a crazy idea, but I think the lower denominations should be bigger. They're the one's you fumble for your wallet for the most, and I don't want my fifties falling out when I'm looking for ones.

So maybe it would go, from largest to smallest, 5, 1, 2, 10, 20, 50, 100.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Those pictures were dreadful, and frankly the idea of Obama on our currency is utterly pathetic. He would replace Washington on the 1 dollar bill... seriously?

Also most of those horrid looking things looked like stamps, Amelia Earhart? huh? Isnt she famous for crashing somewhere and never being found? What idiot designed these?
    +1

Yeah, I really do believe that replacing Washington with Obama would be a bad idea, whose idea was it because not even the neo-cons in their arrogance would have suggested putting Bush or J Edgar Hoover or anyone like that one the currency instead of Washington.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

What's your currency look like where you are, Lark?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

The only redesign I'd accept is if they replaced the dollar amount with "LOL" and changed the picture to the Fed.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Well, I think Jackson might even be more controversial, honestly. Any other choices you can think of as a black representative?
    The most obvious would be Martin Luther King. (Jackson has been more of an embarrassment in the last two decades!)
    Or perhaps others more involved in government like Thurgood Marshall.

This is pretty interesting. I always wondered why bills remained just a drab old grayish green; especially when seeing some of the other colors used on bills byother countries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    +1

Yeah, I really do believe that replacing Washington with Obama would be a bad idea, whose idea was it because not even the neo-cons in their arrogance would have suggested putting Bush or J Edgar Hoover or anyone like that one the currency instead of Washington.
    Yeah; we really do not need to give them something else to scream about.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    This is pretty interesting. I always wondered why bills remained just a drab old grayish green; especially when seeing some of the other colors used on bills byother countries.
    There's been some recent changes with more colors added, although the basic coloration is still green here.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

I was thinking about before these changes, when it pretty much looked the same for decades.
    I was a bit surprised when they did the more recent changes, like adding that touch of peach in there.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I like the one where they printed the Bill of Rights onto the currency. If that shit was on our money, maybe people would actually learn their fucking rights.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    I was thinking about before these changes, when it pretty much looked the same for decades. I was a bit surprised when they did the more recent changes, like adding that touch of peach in there.
    Yeah, and some of the numbering is purple now.

I remember going to Cozumel in 1992 and seeing all the various colored Mexican denominations, so it was odd that our bills were so bland in comparison. The United States is interestingly backwards about something... we seem progressive in some ways and resiliently clingy in others ('we've always done it this way, so we shall continue doing it this way"). There's been a lot more flexibility for change lately, and I think the need to protect against counterfeits in a culture where laser scanners/printers are available at the local computer store might have also played a part in adding complexity to the bills.