User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENxJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Are they turning out in droves to support her? Last I heard Obama was getting the lion's share of female votes, but of course that was before Hill let lose with the tears. Maybe that changed things.
    I just saw a piece on this topic...minutes ago. I'll have to go back and see what the media said. It is largely single women, older voters (over 45) and ...and....I can't remember the other sub group.

MBTI
    ENxJ

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWounds View Post
    This issue has little dependence on gender. People who are in power, and have been for a long time will hold steadfast to archaic and inefficient ideals. What we really need is a complete regime change amongst the powers that be. Be it a woman or man.
    I agree that there needs to be regime change. But for the most part, men have been in power for thousands of years...world wide. If laws are prevent women from equal rights (voting, work, etc...) the archaic and inefficient ideals will continue....to be...archaic and inefficient. Hence the reason for the change.

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by armstrongvk12 View Post
    I agree that there needs to be regime change. But for the most part, men have been in power for thousands of years...world wide. If laws are prevent women from equal rights (voting, work, etc...) the archaic and inefficient ideals will continue....to be...archaic and inefficient. Hence the reason for the change.
    Thats like saying that black Suburbans get bad fuel mileage, so we should all drive blue ones. Laws that are archaic, just so happened to be regimented by men. If similar minded women were in power, the same would be true.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

MBTI
    ENxJ

Thats like saying that black Suburbans get bad fuel mileage, so we should all drive blue ones. Laws that are archaic, just so happened to be regimented by men. If similar minded women were in power, the same would be true.
    But we wouldn't know whether or not the women had similar minds or quite the opposite...until they were given the chance to try.

I think we are off topic....again. Not within our topic, but within the topic of this thread.

MBTI
    ENxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I guarantee if I went to 90% of the diehard supporters of certain candidates they couldn't tell me where their guy/girl stood on most issues.
    Agreed! This is why I "lovingly" refer to them....as "sheeple."

MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

But we wouldn't know whether or not the women had similar minds or quite the opposite...until they were given the chance to try.
    Again, like saying the only way to prove weather or not a gunshot wound to the head would be fatal is to put .45 against the roof of your mouth and pull the trigger. Regardless of gender, people in power want to stay there, often by means of biased, bigoted, and decrepit legislation. Political power is the ultimate corrupting agent to one's integrity.

MBTI
    ENxJ

Again, like saying the only way to prove weather or not a gunshot wound to the head would be fatal is to put .45 against the roof of your mouth and pull the trigger. Regardless of gender, people in power want to stay there, often by means of biased, bigoted, and decrepit legislation. Political power is the ultimate corrupting agent to one's integrity.
    Political power can be corrupting, but it is not always corrupting.

MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Political power can be corrupting, but it is not always corrupting.
    That is true, but the context in which you presented this topic was that of a corrupted nature.

MBTI
    INTJ

That is true, but the context in which you presented this topic was that of a corrupted nature.
    What is corruption exactly? I don't think it exists. Once you are in power, you do what you need to do or you get out.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    What is corruption exactly? I don't think it exists. Once you are in power, you do what you need to do or you get out.
    If I had to define corruption in this sense it would be as; Corruption is, specifically in an occupation in which you are sworn to be a "public servant", passing legislation, or imparting laws that benefit yourself more so than, or at the expense of, the public that you have sworn to serve.