User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Some folks are thinking it's going to hit the earth.
    Ohh. Well they said that right at the beginning.

I'm thinking they need to go back to the editing room.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't really understand why people think it's going to hit the Earth if it's more likely to hit Mars. It really wouldn't make sense for it to do that. I think this is just an example of people just being paranoid about the end of the world because of the new millennium and unusual political activity in the Middle East.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I don't really understand why people think it's going to hit the Earth if it's more likely to hit Mars. It really wouldn't make sense for it to do that. I think this is just an example of people just being paranoid about the end of the world because of the new millennium and unusual political activity in the Middle East.
    Exactly. My daughter got the link from her paranoid boyfriend, who got it from his paranoid father. So besides everything else she has to worry about in her final semester of college, now she has to worry about global catastrophe, too. I reassured her the best I could but I'm sure her boyfriend won't believe the opposing view. (I think he's an ISFP with a high N.)

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Exactly. My daughter got the link from her paranoid boyfriend, who got it from his paranoid father. So besides everything else she has to worry about in her final semester of college, now she has to worry about global catastrophe, too. I reassured her the best I could but I'm sure her boyfriend won't believe the opposing view. (I think he's an ISFP with a high N.)
    Well, if the world is going to end, there's nothing you could do to stop it, so the paranoia is useless energy wasted... perhaps refocus your daughter on managing the here and now, and what's real?

MBTI
    INXP

oh, Great music. Anyone know what it is?

-Geoff

MBTI
    INXP

I would suggest sending her this link..

Bad Astronomy Blog

That pretty much covers it for me...

-Geoff

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    oh, Great music. Anyone know what it is?

-Geoff
    The song is "Fragile".

Twas one of the songs on my lapdance thread *chuckles*. The version by Sting is the original. One of my favourite songs.

Artiste is Grazyna Auguscik in this one.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

The name of the song is Fragile (I only know because Sting covered it) but I don't know who that one is. It sounds like Astrud Gilberto but I can't find anything about her covering it.

Edit: thanks aelan! I didn't know Sting's was the original.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    The song is "Fragile".

Twas one of the songs on my lapdance thread *chuckles*. The version by Sting is the original. One of my favourite songs.

Artiste is Grazyna Auguscik in this one.
    Well, it was worth a faked up scaremongering asteroid video for a good piece of music. I particularly enjoyed the lightning pretending to be the aurora borealis and the comet with the mass greater than the sun

.... I suppose I'll concede a lapdance could have been an entertaining way to discover that track too....

-Geoff

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Well, it was worth a faked up scaremongering asteroid video for a good piece of music. I particularly enjoyed the lightning pretending to be the aurora borealis and the comet with the mass greater than the sun

.... I suppose I'll concede a lapdance could have been an entertaining way to discover that track too....

-Geoff
    I read somewhere that asteroids mainly burn up on entering our atmosphere actually.

It's the first time I've heard this version, it's lovely. The Sting version was the one I'd said was good for making happy-happy with (pardon the euphemism, this isn't the maturity sextion.)