User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Oh come on people, are you seriously defending the father?

He totally lost it and probably traumatized a good amount of innocent bystanders.

Losing your cool isn't acceptable just because you have good reason to want something different to happen.

Amazing.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post

He totally lost it and probably traumatized a good amount of innocent bystanders.

Losing your cool isn't acceptable just because you have good reason to want something different to happen.
    I wouldn't have done what he did, but I don't think he totally lost it. He didn't hit anyone.

I think your definition of trauma is pretty liberal. I wouldn't call that a traumatic experience for anyone but the people who were singled out.

I also don't agree that losing your cool isn't acceptable. It depends on the circumstance. Sometimes being diplomatic doesn't work.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Yeah I personally think it's perfectly acceptable to be honest...some community service is worth avoiding your kid's suicide.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

It actually made me feel very sad and also humbled.
    Sad that the situation became so serious that he lost it like that, and humbled for the obvious strength of love he feels for his daughter.
    Right on.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    That really floored me too. "For him to be afraid to ride the school bus the next day? That bothered me." Doesn't bother you that because of your son's behavior, this girl is afraid to ride the school bus EVERY day?
    This.
    She should be smacked in the face for that alone.

People are bullied to death with schools doing little to stop it. What exactly are parents to do?
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

You don't have to completely defend or completely accept what he did. Threating to hurt everyone on the bus -- not cool. Scaring the shit out of a pack of bullies who throw condoms at your CP-inflicted daughter -- way cool. Like Ivy said, he should have been more careful about exactly what he said, but confronting those kids was appropriate and efficient.

MBTI
    ISTx

I don't see anyone defending how the father handled it.

Confronting the bullies intensely and telling them they need to cut the crap = good.

Threatening a school bus full of innocent kids because of a group of bullies = not good.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Yeah I personally think it's perfectly acceptable to be honest...some community service is worth avoiding your kid's suicide.
    If that was the only way to prevent your kid's suicide, I'd agree with you.

In fact, if you thought about it for a sec, doesn't this make the girl more likely to get shit at school -- "you're so pathetic you had to have your daddy fight some 12 year olds!"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

If I had a kid who was being bullied on the bus, I'd take them to school myself. Especially under those circumstances. If there were condoms being thrown around, those kids would already have heard language worse than that, I guarantee it.
    5 3 9