User Tag List

Thread: Armed Believers

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Default Armed Believers

No, its not a thread about Magic's worst nightmare.

Sikhs, I was watching The Wolfman the other night and there is a bit in which one of the main protagonists is talking with a Sikh butler who is armed to the teeth, he has the traditional dagger which has caused a commotion in the news and public debate in the UK:-

BBC NEWS | UK | Sikhs protest against knife rules

Anyway, he has that but he has a rifle and other weapons too, he states that it is a tenet of his religious observance that he always armed against evil in the world.

I wondered if anyone knows the accuracy of this, in the BBC article that I've linked and the other things I can find (Wikis mainly) it is rather vaguely put that the dagger is part of four or five objects, including a comb, uncut hair, an iron bracelet and a special undergarment are of spiritual importance.

The thing is that its a weapon, its not a pocket knife and pretty much looks like it couldnt be used for much besides being a weapon, does anyone know of any other cultural or faith communities which have similar criteria for their believers?

I know that militias in the states used to cite the king james bible's messages about always having a sword by your side or something like that for a while until I think it was discovered this was a misquote but I'm not sure.

MBTI
    INTP

I'm sure they have some parallel commandment about not killing people or something. You'll be fine.