User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 146

  1. #61
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    You just don't get it do you Magic? Especially in trying to seperate the current Pope from earlier popes, ignoring the fact he's just the latest in a line of succession as the vicar of Christ and the head of the Papacy.

    I've had to take up looking this crap up myself, since you weren't interested in elaborating about a single one of your points. I'll get back to you on it.
    Poor Magic, he has to do his own research.

    Besides, everytime I do elaborate on any of my points for you, you just make excuses for not responding(namely that the issue was already addressed supposedly) and then declare the discussion over. Hence why I find debating you a waste of time for the most part. In any case, many of the points I've brought up have been elaborated upon by others here, namely Lark, ragashee, and Beefeater. Of course even then you're trying to dismiss it as not fufilling your criteria. Well too bad.

  2. #62
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    You just don't get it do you Magic? Especially in trying to seperate the current Pope from earlier popes, ignoring the fact he's just the latest in a line of succession as the vicar of Christ and the head of the Papacy.
    I guess not. You can continue in reveling my not getting what you get. Cherish your well-kept knowledge.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Poor Magic, he has to do his own research.
    I spend a lot of time looking things up for my own enjoyment. But when I'm actually engaged in a debate... well let's say that I never enjoyed playing chess by myself.

    Also, but doing vaguely guided research, it's hard to say if I will end up seeing what it was your point for me to see. That's why it helps to present yourself, instead.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Besides, everytime I do elaborate on any of my points for you, you just make excuses for not responding(namely that the issue was already addressed supposedly) and then declare the discussion over.
    Eh?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Hence why I find debating you a waste of time for the most part. In any case, many of the points I've brought up have been elaborated upon by others here, namely Lark, ragashee, and Beefeater. Of course even then you're trying to dismiss it as not fufilling your criteria. Well too bad.
    The most interesting point I've seen here is their involvement in charity, which is something I knew about to some extent. There you go, you get one point.

    But even your comment about intelligence networks, which you didn't care to say more about, was then basically put aside by Lark.

    Lark comments on the artifacts actually located in the Holy See. There is perhaps some relevance to this.

    So we are to consider the Pope worth accommodating as the head of a massive charity organization and the curator of a very special museum. I suppose we'd do the same for other people like that who aren't heads of state, so maybe it's equal. I guess that means the discussion could then pour over into a question about whether or not people like this of any sort should be paid for with tax money at all.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  3. #63
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    I'm surprised and grateful this conversation hasn't degenerated into a discrepancy about the creditability of Catholicism, at which point an immovable object would collide with an unstoppable force and there would be little to no mutual understanding to be had. The OP was certainly geared to provoke that sort of response.

  4. #64
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    I'm surprised and grateful this conversation hasn't degenerated into a discrepancy about the creditability of Catholicism, at which point an immovable object would collide with an unstoppable force and there would be little to no mutual understanding to be had. The OP was certainly geared to provoke that sort of response.
    Don't celebrate so fast. I think it's just become another kind of communication train wreck, I'm afraid.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  5. #65
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    There's always been a rocky relationship between the Church and the IRA. Probably a better example of 'political Catholicism' at work was the Na Léinte Gorma aka Blueshirts.
    A perfect example and their support for Franco's Spain another example.

  6. #66
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Does it bother anyone else that the UK taxpayer is footing the bill for the visit of a Holocaust denier and pedophile apologist?

    BBC News - Taxpayers should not fund Pope's visit, says survey
    I think I read somewhere that we're not footing the whole bill, it's shared with the Vatican. Also I believe we are supposed to pay for guests invited by the Queen. Something about handing people the power to spend our money...
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  7. #67
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,628

    Default

    This will bring revenue in too.

  8. #68
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    This will bring revenue in too.
    Nah. Everyone knows catholics are tight.

    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  9. #69
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  10. #70
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Nah. Everyone knows catholics are tight.



    The RCC community is a lot less frugal than the puritan and calvinist influenced protestant culture.

Similar Threads

  1. Is there anything similar to the military that pays for school?
    By The Wailing Specter in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 05-28-2017, 01:10 PM
  2. What Are The Odds of Being Able to Pay for a Private Grad School?
    By Thalassa in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-23-2012, 05:41 PM
  3. Paying the Bills for the Dead
    By heart in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-05-2009, 11:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO