User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Sniffles

The UK media has become just as much trashy and sesationalist as the American media, only the British are able to maintain a thin veneer of aristocratic custom to it. So instead of the American "Jane, you dumb slut" you get "Jane, you uncultured and unintelligent Oxford-educated wench".

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    The UK media has become just as much trashy and sesationalist as the American media, only the British are able to maintain a thin veneer of aristocratic custom to it. So instead of the American "Jane, you dumb slut" you get "Jane, you uncultured and unintelligent Oxford-educated wench".
    Wenches...

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Great Britain has been virulently anti-Papist since the days of Henry VIII. Move along, nothing to see here. I mean, they don't even hang effigies of the pope on Nov. 5 anymore.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    You've already admitted that you were being intentionally ambigious in order to provoke responses from others - ie trolling. You don't troll, I don't have to say anything negative about how you express yourself. How about that? Whether I have anything critical to say about the argument in itself - ie what you express, is another matter. But I would have hoped that you appreciate that online debates will naturally lead to disagreement, sometimes heated. End of story as far as I'm concerned.
    Okay at this point I stop.

The conversation could continue but the delusion offends me too much.

I don't troll but I also don't predict people's wants and provide additional information which I decided to just hint at instead of illustrate fully unless asked.

I also provide no special reserve for religion being anything other than a hobby. Not matter how obsessive the person.

Have fun.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

You've already admitted that you were being intentionally ambigious in order to provoke responses from others - ie trolling.
    LOL. Ambiguity=trolling?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Red face A Big Ask

One of the heads of the Belgian Catholics said today that the Church can only be saved by moral courage.

I felt kinda sad at this. Of course he is right. And there is no finer virtue than moral courage. In fact all the other virtues depend on it. But moral courage is a big ask.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    One of the heads of the Belgian Catholics said today that the Church can only be saved by moral courage.
    Pretty damning. If it doesn't already have it, let it perish.

What a disgusting show of hypocrisy and idolatry this completely unprepossessing man's visit has already become. Just sickening.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Pretty damning. If it doesn't already have it, let it perish.

What a disgusting show of hypocrisy and idolatry this completely unprepossessing man's visit has already become. Just sickening.
    But doesn't he have a nice dress. I wonder what washing powder he uses for that finish.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    You would say that no matter what happened. :rolli:

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    You would say that no matter what happened. :rolli:
    Nope. If there had been boos and jeers or deserted streets I'd have been quite satisfied.

People sobbing hysterically over an 89y/o leader of an organization they probably have no contact with outside of birth/marriage/death is hypocrisy and idolatry. And idolatry is anti-Christian and therefore hypocritical by defintion.