User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 30

  1. #11
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,526

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Italian politics seem like a total joke. And this is coming from an American. What went wrong?
    C'mon, Americans have no sense of humour but think they have the best sense of humour in the world.

  2. #12
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Italian politics seem like a total joke. And this is coming from an American. What went wrong?

  3. #13
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  4. #14
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Italian politics seem like a total joke. And this is coming from an American. What went wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I'd take it way back. It went wrong in the final throes of Rome. Seriously.

    I remember reading Machiavelli's great laments of how pathetic Italy had become (in a sense. The whole identity was different then). It seems it has been over a thousand years since the country was something respectable.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  5. #15
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Well, my mother is always saying you can love a rich man just as easily as a poor one.

    She'd probably give that article four stars.

  6. #16
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I'd take it way back. It went wrong in the final throes of Rome. Seriously.

    I remember reading Machiavelli's great laments of how pathetic Italy had become (in a sense. The whole identity was different then). It seems it has been over a thousand years since the country was something respectable.
    Meh, I wouldn't trust Machiavelli with anything, really. Southern Europeans are the masters of lament, by the way, so you shouldn't trust us when we complain about...anything, either. Perhaps it might descend from how we had to stand the downfall of our once-upon-a-time great civilizations.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

  7. #17
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Well, I don't think he can be much worse than Biden.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  8. #18
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Well, I don't think he can be much worse than Biden.
    Meh, he's already a million times worse than any american politician has been during the last 20 years; perhaps excepting George Bush Jr - in his respect he might just be a thousand times worse, not million.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

  9. #19
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Meh, he's already a million times worse than any american politician has been during the last 20 years; perhaps excepting George Bush Jr - in his respect he might just be a thousand times worse, not million.
    I do not mean in political effectiveness, I mean in being an idiot in public.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  10. #20
    Senior Member Beargryllz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Good luck, Italy. I think we have you soundly beat.


Similar Threads

  1. Brains of gay men similar to heterosexual women
    By NewEra in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 08-19-2010, 02:03 PM
  2. Oral Contraceptives Impair Muscle Gains In Young Women
    By Giggly in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-06-2009, 11:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO