User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    people shouldnt die in places where they are not destroying this planet as much. like i told, its much more efficient to kill people from usa than iraq when it comes to common good. id like that the killing of the people would be as efficient as possible since i dont want people to die for nothing and i think the lives(in emotion way of speaking) are just as valuable.

lets say people in usa consume 5 times more natural resources than people in iraq(i bet the real number is way higher, but it doesent really matter). therefore in order to kill the optimal amount of people to ensure the surviving of the planet we need to kill 5 iraq people to get the same resault as killing one guy in usa. and since american life is as valuable as someone in iraq, its better to kill people from usa than from iraq.
    So I deserve to die because I live in the US? Thanks man .
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

Sniffles

people shouldnt die in places where they are not destroying this planet as much. like i told, its much more efficient to kill people from usa than iraq when it comes to common good. id like that the killing of the people would be as efficient as possible since i dont want people to die for nothing and i think the lives(in emotion way of speaking) are just as valuable.

lets say people in usa consume 5 times more natural resources than people in iraq(i bet the real number is way higher, but it doesent really matter). therefore in order to kill the optimal amount of people to ensure the surviving of the planet we need to kill 5 iraq people to get the same resault as killing one guy in usa. and since american life is as valuable as someone in iraq, its better to kill people from usa than from iraq.
    So once again you're just applying a purely subjective standard on determining the value of peoples' lives. Pure utilitarianism here.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    But it's a fairly safe guess. And given the ratio of deaths, you'd have to think that one American is worth a pretty substantially larger amount than one Iraqi for that to break even.
    Considering that 2,400 Americans = 220,000 Japanese, I'd say we're not even done yet.

Wait, what's the exchange rate for Japanese to Iraqis? I've heard Iraqis are experiencing deflation...
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Haha, solution to overpopulation is genocide? But what's the point of solving overpopulation in the first place? Isn't it to survive? Personally, I don't care about human extinction and what not.

I was wee child when I heard of 9/11. I didn't understand why everyone thought it was special. Then I realized the ethnocentrism of it all(many people die more populously elsewhere), although USA is the grandaddy of the world. It's citizens require further attention of course. *rolls eyes*

The way I see it, 9/11 happens everyday in other parts of the world and in other forms: hunger, disease, and also military.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Haha, solution to overpopulation is genocide? But what's the point of solving overpopulation in the first place? Isn't it to survive? Personally, I don't care about human extinction and what not.

I was wee child when I heard of 9/11. I didn't understand why everyone thought it was special. Then I realized the ethnocentrism of it all(many people die more populously elsewhere), although USA is the grandaddy of the world. It's citizens require further attention of course. *rolls eyes*

The way I see it, 9/11 happens everyday in other parts of the world and in other forms: hunger, disease, and also military.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Considering that 2,400 Americans = 220,000 Japanese, I'd say we're not even done yet.
    not that I would even think that it would be fair to blame the average american for the deaths in Japan, as Harry Truman had just learned about the bombs before they were dropped... the rest of us hadn't heard of them until AFTER they dropped

this whole "it's fine if you die if you live in X country" type of idea is crap
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I hope everyone sees this.
    Yup! But I especially like this one.

logical point of view:
    there are too many people in the world for human race(and majority of other animals) survive if we dont start taking better care of it.
    people are too greedy and think too much of their own well being that they wont start making things in better way for the common good. because of that in order for human race to survive(or to avoid way greater misery that the future generations will experience because of our actions(and there will be much much more people experiencing this much greater misery later than what this generation would experience)) many people need to die.
    Methinks somebody is a fan of China's one child policy. Probably thought it was a good thing when all those people bought it in the Indonesia tsunami too.

Seriously, overpopulation and over-consumption of natural resources are definitely problems in the world today. There's something very...wrong...with the idea of solving it by way of killing others. That's just a little too Hitler for my tastes.
    "People in glass houses shouldn't use Windex when living near bird sanctuaries."- myself

"We are never alone my friend. We are constantly in the company of victories, losses, strengths and weaknesses. Make no mistake, life is war...and war is hell. Those who fight the hardest will suffer the most...but that's what you have to do: Fight. As long as you're feeling pain, then there's hope...because only the dead do not suffer." -RD Metcalf
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

people shouldnt die in places where they are not destroying this planet as much. like i told, its much more efficient to kill people from usa than iraq when it comes to common good.
    Right...because the U.S. does no good in the world...we contribute nothing to other countries in terms of exporting food, goods, and help...any environmental strain that our richest members are exerting just completely cancels out anything that is good about America...and the environmental strain that some Middle Eastern countries are putting on the world by drilling oil is A-OK...

Your arguments are totally biased and subjective. It's a tragedy that you think you're being so logical. And of course, a 9/11 tribute thread is absolutely the place to start making your statements about how you wish Americans would die. This site is run by Americans. Why are you here?

Sniffles

Not to invoke religion into this argument, but this seems to confirm why John Paul II denounced this kind of mentality as being behind "the Culture of Death".

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post

Americans have a right to care about something that happened so close to home, some of us lost people we care about! If people of other nationalities want to pay tribute to something like that that happened in their country, Im not going to judge them for that, I would give my condolences. Be a little more sensitive people geesh. :steam:
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari