User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 221

  1. #61
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    the reality is that cutting out people in the right way is not going to happen, but that strike at wtc how ever did happen and it did the job.
    letting people live a bad life is worse than ending peoples lives tho because only ones that suffer from people dying are people close to them having grief, but when you remove possibility for someone to live a better life, you are basically ruining their lives.

    this is pretty sticky subject and with subjects like this i dont think there is any room for feelings or it wont ever get any better.
    By your own logic, Iraqi and Afghani deaths are also good because these people are living bad lives as they are living in war zones, and those sorts of lives suck donkey balls.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  2. #62
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Really? Working class people consume more in America than working, middle, or upper class people in Europe? That's ridiculous. Have you ever even been to the United States? You do realize we have poor people here, right, and that it's not the way it looks in the movies?

    Your extreme prejudice against Americans (although Americans are made up of people of different races and nationalities from all over the world, the great experiment in democracy, as it were) is noted, and makes every thing you've said on this subject null and void. You're not being objective here, at all.

    No life is worth more than others, and perhaps if you were genuinely complaining about the richest 1% (who also live in other countries) I would see your point. I understand the importance of using less resources. But you're just anti-American.
    i didnt say they consume more than europeans, i told that they consume too much. europeans consume way too much also. try listening what i say instead of making up things that i must be thinking..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  3. #63
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    media showing crying people etc and making all this seem as close thing as possible to all americans is promoting this issue as an emotional thing to americans instead logical thing

    its just a part of the media brain washing imo. who cares what bush says that not all muslims are bad or stuff like that when this thing is already an emotional issue, so there is no room for logic that bush offers to make himself look good
    Do you really think that everyone who has memories or feels sad about 9/11 is automatically a fan of Bush, or is a member of the media, or approves of anti-Muslim sentiment, or the war in Iraq, or any number of false connections you're making?

    You don't see that your thinking isn't logical. You're stereotyping, generalizing, and equating average American citizens with their government and/or richest members.

    You're so, so logical.

  4. #64
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    i didnt say they consume more than europeans, i told that they consume too much. europeans consume way too much also. try listening what i say instead of making up things that i must be thinking..
    Why? You're making up things that we must be thinking.

  5. #65
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    if someone here thinks that its okay to destroy the world and cause more misery to people of the future generation, just so that you could live in a happy happy joy world, i hope you die asap because thats the way of thinking that is leading this world to doom.
    I hope everyone sees this.

  6. #66
    Senior Member Sparrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    A sh*t load of Americans are anti-Bush & a lot of people think that he is the master mind of 9/11. Just sayin .

    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

  7. #67
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    emotional point of view:

    people dying is a sad and tragic thing
    the way people died on wtc attack is wrong
    people should live in happy world where everyone would have as good lives as possible
    etc etc

    logical point of view:
    there are too many people in the world for human race(and majority of other animals) survive if we dont start taking better care of it.
    people are too greedy and think too much of their own well being that they wont start making things in better way for the common good. because of that in order for human race to survive(or to avoid way greater misery that the future generations will experience because of our actions(and there will be much much more people experiencing this much greater misery later than what this generation would experience)) many people need to die.
    usa is one of the biggest countries wasting natural recourses and consuming products that are destroying earth(for example intensive farming in southern america that completely destroys the croplands). therefore its much more efficient to kill these people that we need to kill for the common good of human race from usa. therefore dead americans is better than dead iraq people(people in usa consume 7 times the oil than iraq people for example and the farming methods that are used to feed the people in usa is much more destructive than farming methods of iraq people(not to mention that they dont even need as much feeding as people in usa do, since they dont waste food nearly as much)).
    etc etc

    i pick the logical point of view since emotions wont do any good in things like this when it comes to common good and things that truly matter.

    if someone here thinks that its okay to destroy the world and cause more misery to people of the future generation, just so that you could live in a happy happy joy world, i hope you die asap because thats the way of thinking that is leading this world to doom.

    i dont think these prophecies about the end of the world has anything to do with god, fairies, spaghetti monsters or other imaginary characters, its just common sense of the nature of humans that people with mental issues have figured out long time ago with a little coloring of their sick minds.
    interesting to notice that you ignored that I pointed out that you were being a hypocrite there

    and this post is kind of funny coming from Mr "let's look how many Iraqis have died!" as well... burning oil wells isn't exactly an environmentally friendly endeavor either

    If you're so concerned about overpopulation do your part, don't celebrate the deaths of other people- that's just uncalled for... what you've done in this thread is nearly as insensitive as showing up at the funeral for a younger person and saying "at least this is helping reduce the strain on the earth's resources!"... there's a time and place for showing concern, but this thread isn't that time or place for stuff of that sort :rolli:

    There's a lot better ways to reduce population and it's strain on resources than taking some macabre glee in the death of civilians in a terrorist attack
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  8. #68
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Are you just being contrary just for the sake of being contrary? Or do you have an actual counter-argument?

    Cause all I'm hearing from you is a bunch of incoherent rants about how American deaths are a positive due to your completely arbitrary subjective standard, while raving against the deaths of Iraqis and other fuh fuh fuh. You cannot claim human life lacks any inherent worth one minute and then try to argue as if it does the next. Invoking the enviroment doesn't add much either, since you're still operating under the premise that humans are somehow anti-nature, only that some humans(Americans) are more anti-nature than others(Iraqis). This and so many other inconsistencies within your argument here negates any possible claim towards "logic" on your part.
    people shouldnt die in places where they are not destroying this planet as much. like i told, its much more efficient to kill people from usa than iraq when it comes to common good. id like that the killing of the people would be as efficient as possible since i dont want people to die for nothing and i think the lives(in emotion way of speaking) are just as valuable.

    lets say people in usa consume 5 times more natural resources than people in iraq(i bet the real number is way higher, but it doesent really matter). therefore in order to kill the optimal amount of people to ensure the surviving of the planet we need to kill 5 iraq people to get the same resault as killing one guy in usa. and since american life is as valuable as someone in iraq, its better to kill people from usa than from iraq.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  9. #69
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Your assumption is that more lives are worth more than less lives, which is not necessarily the case.
    But it's a fairly safe guess. And given the ratio of deaths, you'd have to think that one American is worth a pretty substantially larger amount than one Iraqi for that to break even.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  10. #70
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Do you really think that everyone who has memories or feels sad about 9/11 is automatically a fan of Bush, or is a member of the media, or approves of anti-Muslim sentiment, or the war in Iraq, or any number of false connections you're making?
    no. where did you come up with this thought that i might be thinking that?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

Similar Threads

  1. How tall would 16 buildings need to be to house the world's population? (split)
    By EcK in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 08-11-2015, 05:38 PM
  2. What is truth (split from post poll)
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-27-2013, 09:47 AM
  3. Sept. 11, 2001
    By BRMC117 in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 09-14-2010, 03:49 AM
  4. Iran's Ahmadinejad: Sept. 11 attacks a 'big lie'
    By Scott N Denver in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 03-12-2010, 04:38 PM
  5. Locus of Control
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 12:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO