Kultainen Kuningas Devil Flamingo's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    without sept 11th majority of the world wouldn't hate muslims, we probably wouldn't have gone to war in the middle east. so to say this event doesn't matter just because the deaths are less then other events is fucking retarded.
    Well, if the US government didn't stick their noses in everyone's business, 9/11 wouldn't have happened. Stay the hell away from the Muslims and y'all won't be bombed. But for some reason, the US just cannot help itself when it comes to other people's affairs; they just have to intervene and stick their bald eagle beak in nests where it ain't wanted. And then the American people wonder why people go, "Oh, ur Amurrican? oic... not sure if want" whenever they go somewhere, whereas they go, "OMG U MUST BE AWESOME" if the person is Canadian.

But maybe I just feel that way because Cuba and the US have a long history of bad blood. Due to my upbringing, it took me a long while to figure out American govt =/= American people, tbqh, lol; American people = coolio, American govt = not so much. I know, it is pointless to say "If x hadn't happened, it wouldn't have led to y", but you gotta admit, the US has made plenty of enemies (and frenemies, i.e. enemies who pretend to be your friends) over the years because of your long, long, long, long, long history of meddling into other countries' affairs.

P.S. The majority of the world does not hate Muslims; a vast amount of the world's population is actually Muslim, and will likely surpass the number of Christians in future decades, so get used to it, 'cause they're here to stay.
    4w3 sx/so ·· ISFP (?) ·· rcu|E|n
    gryffindor-ravenclaw ·· chaotic neutral
    leo sun ·· scorpius moon ·· earth dragon

metsän ukko halliparta, metsän kultainen kuningas,
    ava nyt aittasi avara, luinen lukko lonkahuta!

Sniffles

America probably has about a hundred years or so of meddling into other countries' affairs. That's comparatively short compared to other great powers.

MBTI
    yupp

I'm not denying that, I'm just saying it was a catalyst.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    without sept 11th majority of the world wouldn't hate muslims

it wasnt the muslims that bombed the wtc. it was a terrorist group that believe in one twisted form of islamic religion.

saying that muslims did it is kinda the same as talking about christians when some fucked up cult commits mass suicide or something like that..

if it wasnt the media speaking about muslims all the time when speaking about this wtc attack, maybe so many people wouldnt hate muslims.

i wonder if media smeared muslims on purpose like that so that more people would be in favor of attacking iraq. wouldnt be any surprise since media does this kind of shit all the time to kind of brain wash the ignorant people. im not saying this kind of brain washing is necessarily intentional all the time(or in this case), but it does happen
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Sniffles

Uh-huh and that's why President Bush in his speech after 9/11 stressed that Islam is a religion of peace, and we had all those ad council promos on TV telling us not to attack innocent Muslims. :rolli:

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Uh-huh and that's why President Bush in his speech after 9/11 stressed that Islam is a religion of peace, and we had all those ad council promos on TV telling us not to attack innocent Muslims. :rolli:
    he doesent want to look like a bad guy to all of the world, and maybe he knows that this kind of speech wouldnt have significant negative effect on creating negative image of muslims since media is doing so good job at this?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post

it wasnt the muslims that bombed the wtc. it was a terrorist group that believe in one twisted form of islamic religion.

saying that muslims did it is kinda the same as talking about christians when some fucked up cult commits mass suicide or something like that..

if it wasnt the media speaking about muslims all the time when speaking about this wtc attack, maybe so many people wouldnt hate muslims.

i wonder if media smeared muslims on purpose like that so that more people would be in favor of attacking iraq. wouldnt be any surprise since media does this kind of shit all the time to kind of brain wash the ignorant people. im not saying this kind of brain washing is necessarily intentional all the time(or in this case), but it does happen
    I know this, but others don't.

MBTI
    ENFJ

+97,767 – 106,703 civilians in iraq after usa attacked there
    In Vietnam an estimated 2 million civilians were killed, though nobody is quite sure by who

2.5 million civillian deaths in Korea, too, though again, we're not sure by who.

Tokyo bombings, Hiroshima and Nagasaki nuclear bombings + = 90,000 + 140,000 + 74,000 civilians

We can play the numbers game ALL DAY.

I think we hate to admit it, but we're getting better -- or worse, according to you, who believes many more need to die for the environment.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Sniffles

he doesent want to look like a bad guy to all of the world, and maybe he knows that this kind of speech wouldnt have significant negative effect on creating negative image of muslims since media is doing so good job at this?
    Perhaps, but that's just speculation on your part. To claim that the media and gov't are promoting hatred of Muslims is rather absurd when you dig further. Attacks on Muslims after 9/11 were shown in a negative light; as was the Pastor who recently planned on burning the Quran.

Even before 9/11 hatred for Muslims based on terrorism shown negatively in the media, as suggested in the film the Siege which dealt with bigotry against Muslims after terrorist attacks.

What universe are you living in?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

September 11th was more of a tragedy as far as the American people choosing emotional overreaction over logic when placed in an adverse situation. Every time I hear a politician mention 9-11 it disgusts me.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"