User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Who are you talking about and why are you involving me in it?
    My post was to Wonka about certain types of abnormally functioning human beings, in general.
    If people can't feel empathy for their fellow man, yes, they have a pretty big problem on their hands.
    If you read what wonka was responding to, you'd understand.

I agree with your last sentence, just don't think it necessarily applies to INTP (the member).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post

I agree with your last sentence, just don't think it necessarily applies to INTP (the member).
    I do. He said "therefore killing americans is a good thing for everyone in the long run."

Like, yeah, all Americans are the same. If any random American dies, that's good for the world? Really? I don't think he also took into account the janitors and other working class people (like the firemen who came to rescue victims) when he made the sweeping generalization that the "kind of people" who died at the WTC use more resources than everyone else and don't live modestly.

It's a pretty sickening attitude to have, and it's really not objective. I think I'm being more logical than he is.

Kultainen Kuningas Devil Flamingo's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    devil flamingo - the language you chose to use to originally characterise the event does not sound like a feeler who has made an active choice to not care because their heart would break - it sounds like someone being cruelly flippant and attention seeking...i'm unconvinced by your rationale.

This happens all the time, and I laugh every time. I couldn't care less about whether you think I'm being "cruelly flippant" and "attention seeking", and what you call my "rationale" isn't rational at all. You are free to believe whatever it is that you wish to believe about me, as I don't really care because I know better. Whether you believe me to be a cruel idiot or a feeler who forces himself not to care will have no impact on which one happens to be true and which one happens to be false. The grass will not be purple because you believe it to be so, and the Sun will definitely not go around the Earth even if you believe that this is in fact the case.

*sigh* People.

P.S. Some of the cruelest people in the world are feelers. I'm not one of them, but jsyk. :P
    4w3 sx/so ·· ISFP (?) ·· rcu|E|n
    gryffindor-ravenclaw ·· chaotic neutral
    leo sun ·· scorpius moon ·· earth dragon

metsän ukko halliparta, metsän kultainen kuningas,
    ava nyt aittasi avara, luinen lukko lonkahuta!

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Neither of us knows for certain what any member's mental status is.
    That includes your little buddy.

MBTI
    INTJ

This thread is too somber.

JOKE TIME:

A Muslim, a Christian, and a Jew walk into a bar.
    The Muslim immediately explodes, killing everyone inside.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

edit.
    and who cares, more people have died all over the world because of much more horrible things..
    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Srsly.. Not funny INTP.
    If he is like me, it wasn't a joke, even if it may be a bit too callous. I literally attended Columbine and know people who were there and it makes me feel wrong on some level that their suffering has been elevated to some sacred place when, in fact, all suffering should be equal. The same logic should apply here. The resultant wars have caused far more military and civilian deaths. Falling vending machines have killed more Americans total in the last ten years than terrorism, including 9/11, and yet no day of rememberance is given.

Death is death, and glorifying and giving rememberance to one means, especially one that was not a personal, alturistic choice, as better than another is a sham.

Note that in particular the Columbine shooting had strong impressions on as a person and who I became, moreso than 9/11, because I knew a lot of people involved and lived nearby, but I don't pretend that strangers should feel the same things I do about it. Call my mindset to national tragedy tempered and made realistic by local tragedy.

For collective memory purposes: I knew the first plane hit before I went to school (grade 7), but assumed it was an accident. By Period 3, Gym, we knew something was up and talked in the dressing room before class (by this time, the second plane had hit and perhaps the Pentagon and Flight 93 stuff had also happened) . I offered something about the plane hitting the first tower as a possible explanation, but did not know what had officially happened (i.e. an attack and not an accident) until my mom picked me up early and took me home. Shortly after I arrived home, the towers fell.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    how about those 97,767 – 106,703 documented(who knows whats the real number..) civilians that died in iraq war? gimme even one good reason why i should feel more bad about 27000 americans than about 100000 iraq people. especially in a planet that has 3-4 billion too many people
    Your assumption is that more lives are worth more than less lives, which is not necessarily the case.

Also, if you think that 3-4 billion people is "too many", shouldn't you be doing cartwheels the more people die?

In which case, what the hell?

Sniffles

If one is so concerned about overpopulation, what's their excuse for not doing their duty and killing themselves? No, it's always other people who are supposed to do the dying. :rolli:

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    If one is so concerned about overpopulation, what's their excuse for not doing their duty and killing themselves? No, it's always other people who are supposed to do the dying. :rolli:
    And not just other people, but Americans specifically.

Because all Americans are evil and rich and ruining the world for everyone else.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

That's the main thing to put this into perspective. Everyone knows, but just in case they haven't grasped it yet:

It was a huge event in the United States because nothing like this has ever happened to this country. So comparatively, it was devastating. Yes, this country has been lucky, that much is true, and your point is taken as obvious that so many other countries have faced catastrophes of much larger scale, even in recent times.

But if you're bewildered by why it's a huge issue to us living in the U.S., that's why. It's relative. I could completely understand why non-Americans wouldn't care about it.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.