User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 221

  1. #21
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Who are you talking about and why are you involving me in it?
    My post was to Wonka about certain types of abnormally functioning human beings, in general.
    If people can't feel empathy for their fellow man, yes, they have a pretty big problem on their hands.
    If you read what wonka was responding to, you'd understand.

    I agree with your last sentence, just don't think it necessarily applies to INTP (the member).

  2. #22
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    If you read what wonka was responding to, you'd understand.

    I agree with your last sentence, just don't think it necessarily applies to INTP (the member).
    I do. He said "therefore killing americans is a good thing for everyone in the long run."

    Like, yeah, all Americans are the same. If any random American dies, that's good for the world? Really? I don't think he also took into account the janitors and other working class people (like the firemen who came to rescue victims) when he made the sweeping generalization that the "kind of people" who died at the WTC use more resources than everyone else and don't live modestly.

    It's a pretty sickening attitude to have, and it's really not objective. I think I'm being more logical than he is.

  3. #23
    Kultainen Kuningas Devil Flamingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    LOL
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    devil flamingo - the language you chose to use to originally characterise the event does not sound like a feeler who has made an active choice to not care because their heart would break - it sounds like someone being cruelly flippant and attention seeking...i'm unconvinced by your rationale.
    ...

    This happens all the time, and I laugh every time. I couldn't care less about whether you think I'm being "cruelly flippant" and "attention seeking", and what you call my "rationale" isn't rational at all. You are free to believe whatever it is that you wish to believe about me, as I don't really care because I know better. Whether you believe me to be a cruel idiot or a feeler who forces himself not to care will have no impact on which one happens to be true and which one happens to be false. The grass will not be purple because you believe it to be so, and the Sun will definitely not go around the Earth even if you believe that this is in fact the case.

    *sigh* People.



    P.S. Some of the cruelest people in the world are feelers. I'm not one of them, but jsyk. :P
    4w3 sx/so ·· ISFP (?) ·· rcu|E|n
    gryffindor-ravenclaw ·· chaotic neutral
    leo sun ·· scorpius moon ·· earth dragon


    metsän ukko halliparta, metsän kultainen kuningas,
    ava nyt aittasi avara, luinen lukko lonkahuta!

  4. #24
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    If you read what wonka was responding to, you'd understand.
    I agree with your last sentence, just don't think it necessarily applies to INTP (the member).
    Neither of us knows for certain what any member's mental status is.
    That includes your little buddy.

  5. #25
    Nerd King Usurper Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    This thread is too somber.

    JOKE TIME:

    A Muslim, a Christian, and a Jew walk into a bar.
    The Muslim immediately explodes, killing everyone inside.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

  6. #26
    Senior Member ZPowers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    edit.
    and who cares, more people have died all over the world because of much more horrible things..
    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Srsly.. Not funny INTP.
    If he is like me, it wasn't a joke, even if it may be a bit too callous. I literally attended Columbine and know people who were there and it makes me feel wrong on some level that their suffering has been elevated to some sacred place when, in fact, all suffering should be equal. The same logic should apply here. The resultant wars have caused far more military and civilian deaths. Falling vending machines have killed more Americans total in the last ten years than terrorism, including 9/11, and yet no day of rememberance is given.

    Death is death, and glorifying and giving rememberance to one means, especially one that was not a personal, alturistic choice, as better than another is a sham.

    Note that in particular the Columbine shooting had strong impressions on as a person and who I became, moreso than 9/11, because I knew a lot of people involved and lived nearby, but I don't pretend that strangers should feel the same things I do about it. Call my mindset to national tragedy tempered and made realistic by local tragedy.



    For collective memory purposes: I knew the first plane hit before I went to school (grade 7), but assumed it was an accident. By Period 3, Gym, we knew something was up and talked in the dressing room before class (by this time, the second plane had hit and perhaps the Pentagon and Flight 93 stuff had also happened) . I offered something about the plane hitting the first tower as a possible explanation, but did not know what had officially happened (i.e. an attack and not an accident) until my mom picked me up early and took me home. Shortly after I arrived home, the towers fell.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

  7. #27
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    how about those 97,767 – 106,703 documented(who knows whats the real number..) civilians that died in iraq war? gimme even one good reason why i should feel more bad about 27000 americans than about 100000 iraq people. especially in a planet that has 3-4 billion too many people
    Your assumption is that more lives are worth more than less lives, which is not necessarily the case.

    Also, if you think that 3-4 billion people is "too many", shouldn't you be doing cartwheels the more people die?

    In which case, what the hell?

  8. #28
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    If one is so concerned about overpopulation, what's their excuse for not doing their duty and killing themselves? No, it's always other people who are supposed to do the dying. :rolli:

  9. #29
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    If one is so concerned about overpopulation, what's their excuse for not doing their duty and killing themselves? No, it's always other people who are supposed to do the dying. :rolli:
    And not just other people, but Americans specifically.

    Because all Americans are evil and rich and ruining the world for everyone else.

  10. #30
    IRL is not real Cimarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    That's the main thing to put this into perspective. Everyone knows, but just in case they haven't grasped it yet:

    It was a huge event in the United States because nothing like this has ever happened to this country. So comparatively, it was devastating. Yes, this country has been lucky, that much is true, and your point is taken as obvious that so many other countries have faced catastrophes of much larger scale, even in recent times.

    But if you're bewildered by why it's a huge issue to us living in the U.S., that's why. It's relative. I could completely understand why non-Americans wouldn't care about it.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

Similar Threads

  1. How tall would 16 buildings need to be to house the world's population? (split)
    By EcK in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 08-11-2015, 05:38 PM
  2. What is truth (split from post poll)
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-27-2013, 09:47 AM
  3. Sept. 11, 2001
    By BRMC117 in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 09-14-2010, 03:49 AM
  4. Iran's Ahmadinejad: Sept. 11 attacks a 'big lie'
    By Scott N Denver in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 03-12-2010, 04:38 PM
  5. Locus of Control
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 12:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO