User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    how about those 97,767 – 106,703 documented(who knows whats the real number..) civilians that died in iraq war? gimme even one good reason why i should feel more bad about 27000 americans than about 100000 iraq people. especially in a planet that has 3-4 billion too many people
    The thread wasn't about the Iraq war, or the war itself. It had nothing to do with anything you were trolling, successfully, for. What good does waving those numbers around do for you? The thread, and the discussion, is NOT about numbers. The numbers are not the important part.

I'm not, and never did, say you should feel especially bad for Americans over Iraqis. We never mentioned anything about Iraq, or Iraqi's. We were talking about (something you emphasize a LOT) a TERRORIST group attacking Americans. That's. fucking. It. The entire point of the thread. and you missed it, clouded by any opportunity to throw in your arrogant opinionated posts.

It's disgusting. It's clear you hate America and everything/everyone in it. You don't need to throw your opinions everywhere you can squeeze them just to prove it. We get it, I promise. Your posts were not appropriate for or pertaining to the OP. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Wow just made it to 10 posts and we're already engaging in body count piss contests.

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    If he is like me, it wasn't a joke, even if it may be a bit too callous. I literally attended Columbine and know people who were there and it makes me feel wrong on some level that their suffering has been elevated to some sacred place when, in fact, all suffering should be equal. The same logic should apply here. The resultant wars have caused far more military and civilian deaths. Falling vending machines have killed more Americans total in the last ten years than terrorism, including 9/11, and yet no day of rememberance is given.

Death is death, and glorifying and giving rememberance to one means, especially one that was not a personal, alturistic choice, as better than another is a sham.
    The thing is, death is never equal. Columbine was not close to me, so if the thread OP was "Remember Columbine, where were you when it happened? how did you feel?" I would not be able to post in the thread other than a brief, "I'm sorry it happened and prayed for the families." Spending time mourning every specific incident is pointless for one mere person.. we tend to mourn what is close to us. What we do as mankind is feel bad for things that personally move and affect us. In a way, the deaths get mourned equally.. the people who were really close enough to care beforehand mourn in the aftermath. Secondary support is lended to those not affected but still sympathetic. In the individual person, deaths around the world is NOT equal. Ever.

But, looking at the world united, the deaths are not forgotten and are properly mourned.

It's fine that 9/11 wasn't close to you, or anyone else. But people are turning it into a pissing contest about who can care less, or stressing how much it doesn't affect anyone, it isn't really respectful at all to BRMC, who made the post. It's missing the entire point of the thread.

I didn't say, "Not funny" because I thought he was joking. I said it because I was pointing out that he was trolling. This is not the first thread where he's made posts to blatantly push his hate-America-and-hope-they-all-die agenda. It just isn't appropriate in that thread.

how do you judge what lives are worth more than others?

imo life that consumes less is worth more than a life that consumes more
    The key words here are In Your Opinion. As in, your opinion is probably not the only, and solitary, correct way. Why do you even need to judge which lives are worth more than others in the first place?

it wasnt the muslims that bombed the wtc. it was a terrorist group that believe in one twisted form of islamic religion.

saying that muslims did it is kinda the same as talking about christians when some fucked up cult commits mass suicide or something like that..
    And if you bothered to read. She said that muslims would not receive so much unnecessary hate as they do now if terrorists, who happened to be muslim, had not blown up the towers. You were correcting her on something she already said.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I think those who wish to "save the planet" by extinguishing human life should be the first to give up their own. Sounds like a fair deal to me.
    I think this is probably the best post in 15 pages. I only read 5 of them to be honest though. I couldn't stomach another 10 of this shit.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I think those who wish to "save the planet" by extinguishing human life should be the first to give up their own. Sounds like a fair deal to me.
    Why not the single mother of five kids by five different fathers? I place an unusually small burden on the planet and the rest of humankind. I would have a much smaller impact than a family of five, no? n1currs, lol, thats so fucking stupid....must be another generation z thing.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Default The Tone and the Topic

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Split from here.
    As Kasper says, not only must we stick to the topic but we must stick to the tone as well.

But listening to the tone of the previous topic, one would think the aerial attack on New York happened to you personally.

But why should we be surprised. It was another outpouring, an abreation, of narcissism.

But it wasn't attack on you personally, it was an attack by the Islamists on the West.

And America can't face this."Why do they hate us", they ask. And two American Presidents have flown in the face of the facts and told us the Islam is a religion of peace.

But things are changing. Just yesterday a government report came out in America detailing the extent of home grown Jihadi.

It takes a long time for America to wake up but then is woken a sleeping giant.

killing americans is a good thing for everyone in the long run.
    in order for human race to survive(or to avoid way greater misery that the future generations will experience because of our actions(and there will be much much more people experiencing this much greater misery later than what this generation would experience)) many people need to die.
    "Be the change you wish to see."

- Gandhi
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    "Be the change you wish to see."

- Gandhi
    Meh, that takes too much work. Can't we just poison the food supply instead?

MBTI
    INTP

Why care so much about future humans and so little about the ones that are living today?
    Something Witty

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Meh, that takes too much work. Can't we just poison the food supply instead?
    I think arsenic at a major city's water source would be best.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Why care so much about future humans and so little about the ones that are living today?
    Cause they're ones who'll finance our retirements; and we don't want them too embittered that they send us off to one of those old folks' homes with an abusive staff.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I think arsenic at a major city's water source would be best.
    Hey I like your thinking. But don't the enviromentalists complain about the huge amounts of arsenic in our water supplies? Oh wait.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    It's disgusting. It's clear you hate America and everything/everyone in it. You don't need to throw your opinions everywhere you can squeeze them just to prove it. We get it, I promise.
    I dont hate everything and everyone in america. so if you think i do, you dont really get what im saying.

The key words here are In Your Opinion. As in, your opinion is probably not the only, and solitary, correct way. Why do you even need to judge which lives are worth more than others in the first place?
    yes the key word is imo, as in my opinion, thats why i wrote it there because it is my opinion.

why do i need to think about what life is more important than other. well i think for fun, being Ti dom i like to think about this kind of stuff just for the sake of thinking.

And if you bothered to read. She said that muslims would not receive so much unnecessary hate as they do now if terrorists, who happened to be muslim, had not blown up the towers. You were correcting her on something she already said.
    i think she didnt say it in totally correct way, so i had a urge to correct her. like i mentioned its pretty much the same when referring that terrorist group as muslims as it is for example talking about christians when talking about peoples temple cult for example.

I think this is probably the best post in 15 pages. I only read 5 of them to be honest though. I couldn't stomach another 10 of this shit.
    that post doesent really make any sense. if people who like to do good for this planet kill themselves, then there will be only the bad people left who will ruin this planet even faster. not to mention that its not that many people who actually would like to do something to save this planet.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Ginkgo

You guys realize a soda can of pure botulism could exterminate the entire human race, right? All you need is a proper dispersion method...