User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 221

  1. #91
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Right...because the U.S. does no good in the world...we contribute nothing to other countries in terms of exporting food, goods, and help...any environmental strain that our richest members are exerting just completely cancels out anything that is good about America...and the environmental strain that some Middle Eastern countries are putting on the world by drilling oil is A-OK...

    Your arguments are totally biased and subjective. It's a tragedy that you think you're being so logical. And of course, a 9/11 tribute thread is absolutely the place to start making your statements about how you wish Americans would die. This site is run by Americans. Why are you here?
    im just going to have to accept the fact that you will not see my point in this matter, so i dont really see any point of continuing this
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  2. #92
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Deaths of Boston Massacre (catalyst for American Revolutionary War): 5 civilians

    Deaths on USS Maine (catalyst for Spanish American War): 266 sailors

    Deaths on RMS Lusitania (catalyst for United States entering WWI) 1,198 (128 American civilians)

    Deaths in bombing of Pearl Harbor: 2,402 personnel deaths, (1,282 injuries)

    Deaths from WTC bombings: 2,752 civilian deaths, (injuries estimated at over 6,000, including debris inhalation)

    I just want everyone to look at those for a minute.
    I am glad the Americans always needed catalysts to start a war, there are people who needed far less
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  3. #93
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Free birth control and zoning restrictions and preventing the developing countries from burning a shit-ton of coal should be a greater concern
    not going to happen until its too late, thats just the way people roll.

    im going to stop now unless i see someone making some really good points or arguments(from people who actually get my point of view) that i can actually take seriously
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  4. #94
    Senior Member Sparrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    im just going to have to accept the fact that you will not see my point in this matter, so i dont really see any point of continuing this
    I think people see your point, but I dont think YOU get it...you posted your comments at the inappropriate place and time. Im done here too, Im getting way to emo here.
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

  5. #95
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    not going to happen until its too late, thats just the way people roll.
    well, then everyone dies so the problem is taken care of... and that's not going to occur in my lifetime

    im going to stop now unless i see someone making some really good points or arguments(from people who actually get my point of view) that i can actually take seriously
    so "I'm taking my toys and going home because nobody wants to play my game?" from someone who's so obviously logical that's an interesting statement *strokes imaginary beard*
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  6. #96
    Senior Member Phoenix_400's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Casualties of the September 11 attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Under the Non-American casualties section. There's a chart on the page of victims by country.
    Aside from the approximately 2,669 United States casualties, 372 foreign nationals (excluding the nineteen perpetrators) also perished in the attacks, i.e. just over 10% of the total number of deaths. The following is a list of their nationalities (not accounting for at least some cases of dual-citizenship). By far the foreign country with the largest loss of life was the United Kingdom, with 67 deaths (including the overseas territory of Bermuda). India had 41, South Korea had 28 and Canada and Japan had 24 each. Colombia had seventeen and Jamaica, Mexico and the Philippines had sixteen each. Australia and Germany had eleven each, while Italy had ten.
    Just so people don't forget. Yes, the majority of victims were American. Yes, the attacks happened on American soil. Just don't forget this wasn't strictly a tragedy just for America.
    "People in glass houses shouldn't use Windex when living near bird sanctuaries."- myself

    "We are never alone my friend. We are constantly in the company of victories, losses, strengths and weaknesses. Make no mistake, life is war...and war is hell. Those who fight the hardest will suffer the most...but that's what you have to do: Fight. As long as you're feeling pain, then there's hope...because only the dead do not suffer." -RD Metcalf
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #97
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    im just going to have to accept the fact that you will not see my point in this matter, so i dont really see any point of continuing this
    The irony is that I do see the basis of your point, I am VERY liberal, but the fact that you're making this about ALL American lives being worth more dead than people from Iraq being dead makes your valid points become ridiculous. Your bizarre generalizations about America (here's a hint: those supposedly "average" people who you see on television or movies from the U.S. are actually upper-middle class to wealthy. The majority of us don't live that way, not even close) and the fact that you think because we disagree with what you're saying at all means that we don't care about the environment or resources or war or Muslims, or we don't comprehend the gravity of other deaths world wide, makes your standpoint exaggerated and hyperbolic...not to mention vaguely genocidal.

  8. #98
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    well, then everyone dies so the problem is taken care of... and that's not going to occur in my lifetime



    so "I'm taking my toys and going home because nobody wants to play my game?" from someone who's so obviously logical that's an interesting statement *strokes imaginary beard*
    its 11pm and im getting bit tired and if i continue this i will be replying all night and there are so many people replying back to me that i wont be able to reply all of them unless i get another computer and learn to use it same time as this one
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  9. #99
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    its 11pm and im getting bit tired and if i continue this i will be replying all night and there are so many people replying back to me that i wont be able to reply all of them unless i get another computer and learn to use it same time as this one
    you've got toes.....
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  10. #100
    Probably Most Brilliant Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    not going to happen until its too late, thats just the way people roll.

    im going to stop now unless i see someone making some really good points or arguments(from people who actually get my point of view) that i can actually take seriously
    I think I see your point and I agree. The problem with values is that if we try to make it more consistent, people get offended. Must the listeners adapt or must the speaker change his form of language?

Similar Threads

  1. How tall would 16 buildings need to be to house the world's population? (split)
    By EcK in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 08-11-2015, 05:38 PM
  2. What is truth (split from post poll)
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-27-2013, 09:47 AM
  3. Sept. 11, 2001
    By BRMC117 in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 09-14-2010, 03:49 AM
  4. Iran's Ahmadinejad: Sept. 11 attacks a 'big lie'
    By Scott N Denver in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 03-12-2010, 04:38 PM
  5. Locus of Control
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 12:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO