User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    iei

Quote Originally Posted by Mask Manifest View Post
    There was a story on TruTv last night about a spree killer who did similar things to many women across the US. He super-glued one of his victim's eyes closed while he tortured her. He knew that police were in pursuit of him so he tried to take as many lives as he could before he was caught. As the police confronted him, he shot himself in the heart so he wouldn't have to do prison time. Sick bastards!

Christopher Wilder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    that shit just makes me nauseous. im usually a very liberal person (even when its not reasonable to be ) and i just dont want to see anyone suffer- including murderers. but there are some people that just shouldnt be alive. this guy cant be fixed and he has no concience. its one thing if you snap and kill someone in a blind rage (not any better, just different mind set i would guess), but when you set out to do this kind of thing- i cant even describe the things that should happen to him without scaring myself. eek.
    I will buy you a drink and I'll tell you what I think, and tomorrow, in the morning, I won't be sorry that I didn't sleep.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by ubee0173 View Post
    that shit just makes me nauseous. im usually a very liberal person (even when its not reasonable to be ) and i just dont want to see anyone suffer- including murderers. but there are some people that just shouldnt be alive. this guy cant be fixed and he has no concience. its one thing if you snap and kill someone in a blind rage (not any better, just different mind set i would guess), but when you set out to do this kind of thing- i cant even describe the things that should happen to him without scaring myself. eek.
    Reminds me of this thread: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...e-nurture.html

There was a study done which suggests that psychopaths are born without a conscience/empathy.

But I agree, people who torture others should receive greater punishment.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mask Manifest View Post
    Reminds me of this thread: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...e-nurture.html

There was a study done which suggests that psychopaths are born without a conscience/empathy.
    Different levels of gray matter and white matter and such... I've heard this, too.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

It could be worse. Do things like this suppose to depress you?

Permabanned

He should be raped, tortured and shot in the face.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    iei

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    He should be raped, tortured and shot in the face.
    by that girls parents. didnt they say she was 16 when he abducted her or coerced her or whatever? i guess at least her parents have her back- not that she will ever EVER be the same. well... sombody's gona get shivved in the kidney- i read the more detailed report and im sure that shit will piss off somebody with a really sharp toothbrush. i dont even want to post the link because i wish i hadnt read it, hopefully the judge doesnt see any need for protective custody....
    I will buy you a drink and I'll tell you what I think, and tomorrow, in the morning, I won't be sorry that I didn't sleep.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Its a little too common to hear stories about mentally disabled people being taken advantage of. Everything from being manipulated into sex, to being used for terrorist acts. There have been stories of mentally disabled women having explosives attached to them and sent into marketplaces, because the women didn't understand what was going to happen.

People are fucking crazy.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Let's turn this into a discussion.

These stories give me a sort of heavy feeling. They don't make me thirst for revenge, though.

I get a bit annoyed by these threads actually, because I don't know what purpose they serve. There doesn't seem to be any intellectual value to these things. They almost invariably turn into a vengeance fest, where everyone vents their anger and talk about what horrible things to do to this criminal. It's a tad mindless.

My own position is that was happened was a tragedy and nothing you can possibly do to the people who particpated in this will make it any less of a tragedy. In fact, I'd say it would make it more of one, because you'd be contributing your own psychological ugliness on tops of theirs. You wouldn't let it end, you'd have to keep the violence, and the suffering, and the terror going. For what, exactly?

Concerning problems, you can prevent them, you can remedy them, or you can compensate for them. Vengeance is an nasty way of accomplishing none of those things.

Here we again acknowledge that a relatively small selection of people end up experiencing prolonged physical and psychological torture. Other times we can be reminded that very large numbers of people get exterminated, or are left to die of starvation and exposure. This both sad in that to begin with it is obviously an awful thing because it is the creation of suffering and the deprivation of comfort, and also that it comes with a sense of helplesness because I wonder if there's a way to actually do anything about it, or if it will ever be answered before the human race is exctinct.

When I look at entertaining the idea of revenge and how to do it, I see a complete waste of thought. You could be thinking of something better with the same time. Even if you can't come up with some kind of big or clever soltuions, you could at least focus your thoughts more on the comfort of victims than the suffering of perpetrators.

Do you understand what I mean?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

ThatGirl

I did both...

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I did both...
    Well, that's an improvement.