User Tag List

First 567

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    No. The US population would be more like a bunch of people who didn't agree, could be bothered and who had an axe to grind... with some guns.

Underestimate the Afghanistan's resistance to outside interference if you will. It did the Russians a whole world of good.
    And you Brits underestimated the Americans.

So what do you call a guy with an AK stashed in his house for "home defence" aside from Sir?
    I don't have enough information to make any sort of determination. Perhaps he was just brandishing the weapon, hoping that alone would be enough to scare them off. That's one explanation. But I don't really care. I'm not itching to buy an AK (or any firearm for that matter).

Errm I was talking about weapon design in total not just assault weaponry which really is only needed in attacking a home not defending one, which is where they're making the tactical errors but that's another thread.
    Okay, you could be right. You probably know a lot more about guns than I do.

So let me get this straight, this long conversation came about because you disagreed that gun development is done on the input of enthusiasts?
    I guess so. I wasn't the one who made it a long conversation though. I think my original point was pretty clear.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    And you Brits underestimated the Americans.
    No just me personally. There's a whole raft of opinion here from much, much worse to much much better.
    I don't have enough information to make any sort of determination. Perhaps he was just brandishing the weapon, hoping that alone would be enough to scare them off. That's one explanation. But I don't really care. I'm not itching to buy an AK (or any firearm for that matter).
    I considered that but then it's more of a dare. Especially an AK. I mean that's an iconic weapon. People might incite violence to hear it fire. People do weird things.
    Okay, you could be right. You probably know a lot more about guns than I do.
    It's all theory though... I'm torn on gun control in the UK. I'd love one but I'd hate for the others to have one. You know, them. Can't trust them.
    I guess so. I wasn't the one who made it a long conversation though. I think my original point was pretty clear.
    Lol. Yes dear. Your point was so clear I can still... oh darn it I'll have to look back now....
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?