User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 14

  1. #1
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default German Communists hand out porn pens to kids.

    Only in the Fatherland.

    BERLIN (Reuters Life!) – To sweeten their first day at primary school German children are normally given a cardboard cone filled with sweets, but schoolchildren in Essen this year opened their cones to find pens which project erotic images.

    Children attending the Adolf Reichwein School in the northwestern German city were handed cones containing the pens by members of the German Communist Party, according to the school's headmaster.
    German party mistakenly hands out porn pens to kids - Yahoo! News

  2. #2
    Reason vs Being ragashree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Just a stupid mistake by the sounds of it, but it's just the kind of incident that is bound to make the party's credibility take a nosedive due to the way it will be portrayed by the hostile press. Damaging their image over this is like shooting the proverbial fish in a barrel, nothing is necessary but to keep reporting it and the aftermath to implant the event in people's minds as something of significance, and ingrained public fears over the rose-tinted belief in the sanctity and innocence of childhood will probably do the rest. I doubt the diehard supporters will be shaken too badly, but I don't predict them gaining much popularity with the uncommitted for quite some time now.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

  3. #3
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,028

    Default

    Don't they need parental consent forms before teaching sex ed?

  4. #4
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    It is a bizarre mistake, although I wonder why a political party would be giving away gift parcels to children going to school for the first time anyway, its bound to be expensive as stunts go and if the German CP is anything like its equivalent in the UK or elsewhere they would have precious little money to be spending in the first place.

  5. #5
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    It is a bizarre mistake, although I wonder why a political party would be giving away gift parcels to children going to school for the first time anyway, its bound to be expensive as stunts go and if the German CP is anything like its equivalent in the UK or elsewhere they would have precious little money to be spending in the first place.
    It's not uncommon really. The CP here used to give out free ice cream to kids.

  6. #6
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Umm, what use are porn pens to the Communist party, anyway? Did their orders get mixed up with the Exhibitionist League?

    "Hey, what's with all this candy? We ordered erotic pens!"
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  7. #7
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    It's not uncommon really. The CP here used to give out free ice cream to kids.
    No way! Like was it just a kind of coincidence, like a party member owned an ice cream van and it was only in one district or locality or was it like a big thing? Is the CP that big or mainstream in Germany?

    They're seriously small scale here and pretty odd too, the priority tends to be putting out seriously poor "newspapers" or printing placards and plotting the infiltration of equally small, obscure or microcosmic pressure groups.

  8. #8
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Probably the coolest thing any Communist has ever done, and it was an accident.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Don't they need parental consent forms before teaching sex ed?
    Not in Germany. I don't remember that my parents were even notified before sex ed.

  10. #10
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    No way! Like was it just a kind of coincidence, like a party member owned an ice cream van and it was only in one district or locality or was it like a big thing? Is the CP that big or mainstream in Germany?

    They're seriously small scale here and pretty odd too, the priority tends to be putting out seriously poor "newspapers" or printing placards and plotting the infiltration of equally small, obscure or microcosmic pressure groups.
    IIRC it was at their HQ and it was done as a way of attracting kids to their cause. The Communist Party here in America held all sorts of social events, including beauty and swimsuits contests.

Similar Threads

  1. Ti doms, what do you do when you're out of things to analyze
    By PikUpYourPantsPatrol in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-29-2016, 07:16 PM
  2. Marine Le Pen to face trial for comparing public Muslim prayers to Nazi occupation
    By Olm the Water King in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-27-2015, 02:54 PM
  3. [MBTItm] running out of stuff to talk about.
    By Rachelinpa in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 03:22 PM
  4. Medical Marijuana Prescribed to Kids with ADHD
    By Thalassa in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 11-30-2009, 11:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO