User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should sex offenders be treated humanely (in prison)?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

50 73.53%
  • No.

13 19.12%
  • Unsure.

5 7.35%
First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Letting the pedophiles in turn get raped by other inmates is accepting other violent sex crimes.
    That's not right, of course. Those who raped him are not much better.

I would, however, not see a problem if the inmates just killed the mother**cker, like he deserves.
    Murder shouldn't formally be a crime in some instances.
    And pedophilia is a sexual orientation, you can't cure it. It's like trying to convert gay people.
    Death is the only solution that is safe enough for society. Release or parole is not an option, in my opinion.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Letting the pedophiles in turn get raped by other inmates is accepting other violent sex crimes.
    That's not right, of course. Those who raped him are not much better.

I would, however, not see a problem if the inmates just killed the mother**cker, like he deserves.
    Murder shouldn't formally be a crime in some instances.
    And pedophilia is a sexual orientation, you can't cure it. It's like trying to convert gay people.
    Death is the only solution that is safe enough for society. Release or parole is not an option, in my opinion.
    I'm inclined to agree with you about peadophiles, that's from knowing some of them, although a lot of child molesting doesnt always involve pathological peadophiles and those who molest older children or adolescents are generally opportunistic and will actually try to distinguish themselves from those that molest younger children describing them as the "true offenders". You could get into trouble for mentioning it in the same breath as homosexuality.

Rape is rape and its never good, I think that murder shouldnt be permissable but it can be understandable, for instance I dont support most state executions but I do support revenge, and therefore treated differently.

In most cases that I've known off where someone who is otherwise law abidding has risen to the plate and dealt out some summary justice on a hood or rapist, even if it was open and shut self-defence, the hood or rapist's family or neighbourhood or community will summarily deal with them. Why? Because affilitation is more important than the offence for most of them, unfortunate but true.

MBTI
    INFP

Any who committed the acts against him, are guilty of them as well...no matter what kind person he is.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Violent sex offenders should not even be treated humanely by the justice system -- let alone other inmates.

It is my genuine opinion that rapists should be castrated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Violent sex offenders should not even be treated humanely by the justice system -- let alone other inmates.

I can see a certain eugenics application in that.

Oberon

Like I said... I think we should treat everyone humanely, including those we need to humanely execute. You don't want to go down the road of vengeful torture. It may give satisfaction at first but isn't worth the cost in the end. This has nothing to do with the criminal and everything to do with the society.

I say that sexual abuse of a child should be a capital crime. I'm not talking about an eighteen-year-old doing his sixteen-year-old girlfriend either, but genuine sexual abuse of a child. I have no problem with putting these people through a due process that may result in their execution by the state. Given the recidivism rate for this particular kind of crime, I think it's the only real way to address it.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Like I said... I think we should treat everyone humanely, including those we need to humanely execute. You don't want to go down the road of vengeful torture. It may give satisfaction at first but isn't worth the cost in the end. This has nothing to do with the criminal and everything to do with the society.

I say that sexual abuse of a child should be a capital crime. I'm not talking about an eighteen-year-old doing his sixteen-year-old girlfriend either, but genuine sexual abuse of a child. I have no problem with putting these people through a due process that may result in their execution by the state. Given the recidivism rate for this particular kind of crime, I think it's the only real way to address it
    Two very good strong points.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post

That's my genuine opinion too - the castration part. But once you castrate a man, you may as well take his life. What's a man to do without his penis? But that'd lower the rape rates. The problem with executions is that one has to be absolutely 100% sure this is the right man.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    That's my genuine opinion too - the castration part. But once you castrate a man, you may as well take his life. What's a man to do without his penis? But that'd lower the rape rates. The problem with executions is that one has to be absolutely 100% sure this is the right man.
    Hmm, I think you're confusing sex and violence, rape is an act of violence and without a penis a male rapist is just going to find another way to violate their target.

The castration solution wont work on the female offenders and a lot of male adult sex offences against children are bizarre, frequently involving their own trauma, crisis or psycho-sexual disorders, its not all genital.

Basically the whole gummit of fetishism, sado-machoism and perversion which was once pathologised when it went on between conscenting adults but which no one cares about any longer really shows up in the abuse of children and vulnerable persons.

Sometimes that's the whole point. Remove the element of deviance and some offenders will have to some how find it again, often escalating to worse and worse obscene or abnormal behaviour to do so.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    Regardless of what the punishment is, if there is a failure rate within the justice system then that failure needs to be addressed. Reducing punishment isn't the solution here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole