User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 41

  1. #21
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    I'm not marginalizing other violent acts or gang activity in general. I'm simply saying that if what was done was gang related it's exceptionally cowardly, even on the standard of gang related crime.
    I've always thought that any act of murder or violence that wasn't eye to eye and for a rational reason was cowardly. Throwing acid in a strange woman's face is totally malicious and cruel and uncalled for, and it is cowardly, but it does take marginally more balls than driving by in a moving vehicle. I still think drive by shootings are insanely cowardly...

  2. #22
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I still think drive by shootings are insanely cowardly...
    Yes they are. I wouldn't dispute that statement.

    Like I mentioned, typically drive by's are done by one gang towards another, not towards a randomized target. That changes everything. If you're apart of "the game", you subscribe to the violence that comes with it.

  3. #23
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Yes they are. I wouldn't dispute that statement.

    Like I mentioned, typically drive by's are done by one gang towards another, not towards a randomized target. That changes everything. If you're apart of "the game", you subscribe to the violence that comes with it.
    Ah...children are killed in drive bys, so I don't really buy your argument. It's too easy to hit an innocent person.

    Killing random people seems to have been the trend for the past couple of decades, whether it's in schools, churches, post offices, et al...randomizing victims is extremely frightening. It's also sociopathic.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Bamboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    XXFP
    Posts
    2,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Drive by shootings are typically committed by one gang towards those in an opposing gang. I've also heard of gangs targeting cops for initiation rights, or other individuals/entities that a gang has beef with. Acid to the face of what appears to be a random target is absolutely inhumane.
    clearly you have internalized the concept of ROE where non-combatants are to be left out of the fight.

    gangs generally follow similar rules, not so much out of procedure but because to attack innocents brings police attention, and police attention is bad for profit makers like selling drugs. smart drug dealers know: don't shoot guns, don't cause panic, it's bad for business. however, even gangs have their own rules and some simply just don't attack innocents out of obligation, because the gang may have been formed more as a defensive or social measure than anything else. however, some gangs do attack people for no real reason except to show power.

    ms-13 is a problem in neighborhoods that are not too far from me geographically, but a world a way from me otherwise. they are known for their machete attacks, among other things.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

  5. #25
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Ah...children are killed in drive bys, so I don't really buy your argument. It's too easy to hit an innocent person.
    There's always a risk of innocent people being harmed at the scene of violence and that risk is increased when there's a sporadic hail of gunfire towards a "general" area... Drive by's ARE a disgrace and cowardly. I said I wouldn't dispute that.

    You're splitting hairs here though. -- One is a malicious and crude attack targeting an undeserving person, the other is a malicious attack targeting opposing thugs whom are violent and caught up in criminal activity as well... It's self reported "Urban War". It's obvious which scenario is more screwed up, as far as simply examining the intent. The latter scenario is 'eye for an eye' type behavior, as you mentioned.

  6. #26

    Default

    That's totally messed up, my thoughts are with the victim and I hope the perp gets nailed.

  7. #27
    XES 5231311252's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    450

    Default

    There has been a second acid attack in Arizona and this time it was done by a Hispanic woman in her 30s to 40s.

  8. #28
    Epiphany
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5231311252 View Post
    There has been a second acid attack in Arizona and this time it was done by a Hispanic woman in her 30s to 40s.
    What the fuck is wrong with people?

  9. #29
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Fuck...

  10. #30
    XES 5231311252's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    450

    Default

    *Update*

    She lied and someone needs to put her in a straight jacket ASAP.

Similar Threads

  1. Woman blinded by acid wants "eye for an eye"
    By iwakar in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 170
    Last Post: 08-06-2011, 12:55 AM
  2. April Fools came early to Georgia with fake Russian attack on TV.
    By Sniffles in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2010, 12:17 AM
  3. Pregnant woman found dead, with baby cut out of her
    By NewEra in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 03:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO