Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    I'm not marginalizing other violent acts or gang activity in general. I'm simply saying that if what was done was gang related it's exceptionally cowardly, even on the standard of gang related crime.
    I've always thought that any act of murder or violence that wasn't eye to eye and for a rational reason was cowardly. Throwing acid in a strange woman's face is totally malicious and cruel and uncalled for, and it is cowardly, but it does take marginally more balls than driving by in a moving vehicle. I still think drive by shootings are insanely cowardly...

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I still think drive by shootings are insanely cowardly...
    Yes they are. I wouldn't dispute that statement.

Like I mentioned, typically drive by's are done by one gang towards another, not towards a randomized target. That changes everything. If you're apart of "the game", you subscribe to the violence that comes with it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yes they are. I wouldn't dispute that statement.

Like I mentioned, typically drive by's are done by one gang towards another, not towards a randomized target. That changes everything. If you're apart of "the game", you subscribe to the violence that comes with it.
    Ah...children are killed in drive bys, so I don't really buy your argument. It's too easy to hit an innocent person.

Killing random people seems to have been the trend for the past couple of decades, whether it's in schools, churches, post offices, et al...randomizing victims is extremely frightening. It's also sociopathic.

MBTI
    XXFP

Drive by shootings are typically committed by one gang towards those in an opposing gang. I've also heard of gangs targeting cops for initiation rights, or other individuals/entities that a gang has beef with. Acid to the face of what appears to be a random target is absolutely inhumane.
    clearly you have internalized the concept of ROE where non-combatants are to be left out of the fight.

gangs generally follow similar rules, not so much out of procedure but because to attack innocents brings police attention, and police attention is bad for profit makers like selling drugs. smart drug dealers know: don't shoot guns, don't cause panic, it's bad for business. however, even gangs have their own rules and some simply just don't attack innocents out of obligation, because the gang may have been formed more as a defensive or social measure than anything else. however, some gangs do attack people for no real reason except to show power.

ms-13 is a problem in neighborhoods that are not too far from me geographically, but a world a way from me otherwise. they are known for their machete attacks, among other things.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Ah...children are killed in drive bys, so I don't really buy your argument. It's too easy to hit an innocent person.
    There's always a risk of innocent people being harmed at the scene of violence and that risk is increased when there's a sporadic hail of gunfire towards a "general" area... Drive by's ARE a disgrace and cowardly. I said I wouldn't dispute that.

You're splitting hairs here though. -- One is a malicious and crude attack targeting an undeserving person, the other is a malicious attack targeting opposing thugs whom are violent and caught up in criminal activity as well... It's self reported "Urban War". It's obvious which scenario is more screwed up, as far as simply examining the intent. The latter scenario is 'eye for an eye' type behavior, as you mentioned.

That's totally messed up, my thoughts are with the victim and I hope the perp gets nailed.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII

There has been a second acid attack in Arizona and this time it was done by a Hispanic woman in her 30s to 40s.

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by 5231311252 View Post
    There has been a second acid attack in Arizona and this time it was done by a Hispanic woman in her 30s to 40s.
    What the fuck is wrong with people?

MBTI
    ISTx

Fuck...

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII

*Update*

She lied and someone needs to put her in a straight jacket ASAP.