User Tag List

MBTI
    ENTP

Default Where are they? Iowa floods vs Katrina

This is a chain email that keeps getting sent to me, by otherwise normal people I thought.

Your thoughts?

Where are all of the Hollywood celebrities holding telethons asking for help in restoring Iowa and helping the folks affected by the floods?

Where is all the media asking the tough questions about why the federal government hasn't solved the problems? Asking where the FEMA trucks and trailers are?

Why isn't the Federal Government relocating Iowa people to free hotels in Chicago?

When will Spike Lee say that the Federal Government blew up the levees that failed in Des Moines?

Where are Sean Penn and the Dixie Chicks?

Where are all the looters stealing high-end tennis shoes, cases of beer and television sets?

Where is the hysterical 24/7 media coverage complete with reports of shootings at rescuers, of rape and murder?

Where are the people declaring that George Bush hates rural people?

How come in 2 weeks, you will never hear about the Iowa flooding ever again?

There must be one hell of a difference between the value of the people of Iowa and value of people in Lousiana...

MBTI
    ENFJ

Because everyone hates rural people, not just George Bush.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tewt View Post
    Where are all of the Hollywood celebrities holding telethons asking for help in restoring Iowa and helping the folks affected by the floods?

Where is all the media asking the tough questions about why the federal government hasn't solved the problems? Asking where the FEMA trucks and trailers are?

Why isn't the Federal Government relocating Iowa people to free hotels in Chicago?

When will Spike Lee say that the Federal Government blew up the levees that failed in Des Moines?

Where are Sean Penn and the Dixie Chicks?

Where are all the looters stealing high-end tennis shoes, cases of beer and television sets?

Where is the hysterical 24/7 media coverage complete with reports of shootings at rescuers, of rape and murder?

Where are the people declaring that George Bush hates rural people?

How come in 2 weeks, you will never hear about the Iowa flooding ever again?

There must be one hell of a difference between the value of the people of Iowa and value of people in Lousiana...
    Because there's only 4 people living in Iowa, and all the flood did was water their corn fields.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Because there's only 4 people living in Iowa, and all the flood did was water their corn fields.
    My family drives through Iowa about twice every year, and it's doing a lot more than that.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTP

The only acceptable remedy for this issue is for Mike Myers to remind us that Barack Obama doesn't care about white people.