User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Default The purported Noah's Ark find

Has anyone been following the story of the purported Noah's Ark find on Mt. Ararat by the Chinese/Turks?

I'm sure there are better and maybe more legitimate websites documenting the story, but this was near the top of results that google spit out, and it basically covers it. Apparently these Chinese explorers won't reveal the location, and are waiting on permits to make the site an official archeological zone before more details about the location are released.

Jehovah's Witness News: NOAH’S ARK DICOVERED | BREAKING NEWS
    Last edited by swordpath; 08-31-2010 at 04:56 PM.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

"On Tuesday, a group of Chinese and Turkish evangelical explorers boasted that they had found the iconic religious boat on Mount Ararat (where the Bible says the ark came to rest after the great flood)."

stopped reading about it at that part. No offense to any religious christians here, but I'm cynical about this bc those who go to seek too hard will believe anything to verify themselves at first opportunity. You can find the face of jesus sitting at the bottom of a bad of crushed Doritos chips if you look long enough. I doubt this'll be any different.

MBTI
    ISTx

Yeah, I'm totally not convinced and always remain skeptical until proven otherwise (in any situation). I didn't know if this was something that is being taken seriously or if it's already been disregarded as another hoax. I heard about it today for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    "On Tuesday, a group of Chinese and Turkish evangelical explorers boasted that they had found the iconic religious boat on Mount Ararat (where the Bible says the ark came to rest after the great flood)."

stopped reading about it at that part. No offense to any religious christians here, but I'm cynical about this bc those who go to seek too hard will believe anything to verify themselves at first opportunity. You can find the face of jesus sitting at the bottom of a bad of crushed Doritos chips if you look long enough. I doubt this'll be any different.
    Nonsense. It's Elvis that's in my Doritos. Get it right, yo.

I stopped reading at "Jehovah's witness news."

These types of reports have been popping up every once in a while since at least I was a young child 20 years ago. I remember watching one tv show where explorers were using divining rods to find the ark. lol.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    ISTx

The story has nothing to do with the Jehovah's Witnesses. It's just a report of the story from a blog of theirs. Like I mentioned, I'm willing to bet there are better/more legitimate websites covering whatever may be going on with the story. This is just one of the first websites google gave me.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    The story has nothing to do with the Jehovah's Witnesses. It's just a report of the story from a blog of theirs. Like I mentioned, I'm willing to bet there are better/more legitimate websites covering whatever may be going on with the story. This is just one of the first websites google gave me.
    I found a better source: Researchers claim they have discovered Noah's ark - CTV News

Dr. Randall Price, an evangelical Christian who was the archeologist for the Chinese-led team in 2008 when it made the alleged discovery, told the publication he has "difficulties with a number of issues" related to the announcement.

"If the world wants to think this is a wonderful discovery, that's fine. My problem is that, in the end, proper analysis may show this to be a hoax and negatively reflect how gullible Christians can be," he told the Christian Science Monitor.

In a leaked email from Price, he says he believes a group of Kurdish men may have hauled wood up the mountain and staged the scene for the team.

Price confirmed he wrote the email but wouldn't go into further details with the publication.
    case solved
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

I KNEW IT! it's always those rascally Kurds.

MBTI
    ISTx

lol @ staging Noah's Ark on top of Mt. Ararat.

facettes de la petite mor Words of Ivory's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I believe, with 99.9 % confidence, that this is completely bogus.

How can I be assured of this?

First of all, these claims have been made for decades around this place, Mount Ararat. Archaeologists from the place have gone on record stating how common this supposed "discoveries" are in the region, so these claims are completely ignored for the fakes they blatantly are.

To quote one archaelogist's opinions, "I don’t know of any expedition that ever went looking for the ark and didn't find it."

They say the wood they found was 4,800 year old. Humanity has been around a hell of a lot longer than that (more than 150,000 years), and there aren't that many generational lines between Adam and Eve and Noah in the bible. It this Ark was real, it would be far older than this.

Noah's Ark is a fictional story. Nothing more.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Life calls out the meaning of pure jubilance,
    if you'll only take the time to hear it."
    ~ Words of Ivory ~