User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Jobs = Slavery

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
    Then you go outside the building, look at the top and realize who is benefiting.
    To be honest I dont really get that mindset, I dont care about who's benefiting, just the fact that often I'm not. I'm sure they have problems of their own which I wouldnt trade for mine.

Oberon

I have observed the manager of the manufacturing plant where I work. I don't think I want his job, though he is well-paid for what he does.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I have seen many people abused for not turning up to work and pushed to their limits, to the point that normal people would just cry and run away. Peer pressure can easily push people into doing something they don't want to do. People hung themselves, injuries were frequent and still safety didn't seem like such a big deal. There was always bright and positive people however, working together can do that.

I can't believe it happens behind the scenes, I can't believe people face that horror, the aches, pains, every day, for MONEY. And it will never go away. Every waking moment of their lives in hell. You've probably seen those shows about people with dirty jobs, yeah? They had nothing on this. The people working there are broken, slaves. Almost brainwashed. Be thankful for your freedom.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I understand the value of work. But It is like slavery in the fact that those that employ us gain much more money from us than we are compensated for. That's capitalism for you, I guess, it's all about the profits.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    I understand the value of work. But It is like slavery in the fact that those that employ us gain much more money from us than we are compensated for. That's capitalism for you, I guess, it's all about the profits.
    It's not necessarily all about the profits, but profits cannot be dispensed with... they're what keeps the business running from one week to the next. Without the profits, there's no business venture, no manufacturing plant, no jobs, no wages, no tax base.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    It's not necessarily all about the profits, but profits cannot be dispensed with... they're what keeps the business running from one week to the next. Without the profits, there's no business venture, no manufacturing plant, no jobs, no wages, no tax base.
    It was just an observation, I don't have revolution plans. I personally don't like the system very much, though.