User Tag List

First 45678 Last

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

i personally don't care. not just because i'm leaving.
    i wouldn't care even if i was staying.

in fact, if it gets bad enough, i might come back.

i think the main problem is that we're too open minded. too focused on brainstorming and talking about problems than we are on solving them.

imagine the whole of the country as the boys from that 70's show - taking a deep toke on a joint, then telling their braindead friend across the table about the problems, and what we could be doing about them as they exhale. then imagine the scene changing to a stupid fucking domestic dispute between jackie and kelsow about how she doesn't get enough attention and he doesn't get enough luvvin'.

nothing will ever be fixed.
    problems will continue to possess the illusion of growth [after all, this isn't the first generation to foretell and lament over the impending shit-hole life we're all doomed to if we don't straighten up our acts], and we'll still be squabbling over who got the most hot dogs at the barbecue instead of doing what we said we were gonna do.

i just wish everyone would shut up and let it happen.
    we're about where we need to be for the culture to devolve into one of those badass, post-apocalyptic, cyber-punk video games.

how fucking cool would it be to live out deus ex?!
    let it go already!
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Cappie View Post
    after all, this isn't the first generation to foretell and lament over the impending shit-hole life we're all doomed to if we don't straighten up our acts
    and we won't be the last.

everyone has always thought the world is going to the crapper, to some extent. history is ebb and flow. i'm not saying we shouldn't work to change things for the better - we should - but down is inevitable. fortunately, so is up. both on micro and macro scales.

I am not form the US but I am wondering about something.

What do you think about this youtube video ?

United States Economy Collapsing

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I am not form the US but I am wondering about something.

What do you think about this youtube video ?

United States Economy Collapsing
    well that's essentially what's going on everywhere on the World, good video.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    well that's essentially what's going on everywhere on the World, good

Yeah I have presumed that is actually the case long ago. But since the thread is about US and they seem to have the biggest problems I've put it that way.

On the other hand I am in the mid 20s and my country has changed its currency 3 times since my births. So I am simply trying to understand how people who grew up in a normal place think. Since I obviously have I little bit distorted picture about what term "economy" actually means.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    I disagree. Corporate control is inevitable in a capitalist democracy .
    So, the problem is democracy.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Yeah I have presumed that is actually the case long ago. But since the thread is about US and they seem to have the biggest problems I've put it that way.

On the other hand I am in the mid 20s and my country has changed its currency 3 times since my births. So I am simply trying to understand how people who grew up in a normal place think. Since I obviously have I little bit distorted picture about what term "economy" actually means.
    Yes sorry, I didnt want to criticize you for only directing it at the U.S. that came out wrong .

It's a good video and it makes inflation graspable. I had an idea so far how inflation works, but only with a lot of financial terms attached to it, which I dont really understand. Your video made it more transparent and pinned the issue down

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    To an extent, yes. The biggest problem though is that the wrong corporate elites are in charge. Control by manufacturing elites (as used to be the case in the US before the late 70s or so), benefits common people enormously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Its funny that you'd pick democracy out as the problem in that sentence.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I think the present situation is more a result of a long process and to pinpoint down who is responsible would be the wrong thing to do. I personally dont think we can get out of this situation without cheating, like a global financial reset with benefits to countries who do not have so many debts.

It's like mankind's first attempt to form a capitalistic democracy went wrong and now we have to refine the system to make it fair again.

If you think about how long this system is in place now and how many laws have already changed since the debt was accumulated, which hadnt they changed would have made the debt worse, I think it has come to a point we need a reformation of some kind.

I wouldnt really want to stand-by and see a huge country like the US going down the crapper and besides we still owe you one since WWII. I dont believe it will come so far.