First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    What, all ideas and viewpoints are not created equal under our loving God?
    Hell no. For example, the Yellow Revolution is far superior to the Green Revolution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5(?)
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    Oh...oops...I thought I said 'lack of'...

I may or may not have been dozing off to sleep at that time. Good call.

I meant to say that pluralism seems to be at a downfall, or at least that's what the media seems to express. People seem more ignorant about what this country was built upon, the freedoms the Bill of Rights have given their citizens. Freedom of religion, for example. How can one say that they're 100% behind what the Constitution states, but refuses anyone to build a mosque anywhere (I'm not talking about the New York one...that can be saved for another thread).
    I see, I misunderstood you then, I'm sorry. I don't know any details about that mosque situation, but as I understand it, those in charge of managing zoning in New York are in a terrible bind. Because if they prevent the building of the mosque, it will seem like they are in a sense banning the practice of Islam (which they would not be doing), but if they allow the mosque to be build it could also be construed as the State supporting the practice of Islam (which they would not be doing strictu sensu). Either way they violate the First Amendment. If there were no zoning laws, then whoever owned that plot of land could build his mosque and the State would be respecting the free exercise of Islam and would not be in any sense establishing the practice of Islam.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Kephalos View Post
    I see, I misunderstood you then, I'm sorry. I don't know any details about that mosque situation, but as I understand it, those in charge of managing zoning in New York are in a terrible bind. Because if they prevent the building of the mosque, it will seem like they are in a sense banning the practice of Islam (which they would not be doing), but if they allow the mosque to be build it could also be construed as the State supporting the practice of Islam (which they would not be doing strictu sensu). Either way they violate the First Amendment. If there were no zoning laws, then whoever owned that plot of land could build his mosque and the State would be respecting the free exercise of Islam and would not be in any sense establishing the practice of Islam.
    Yeah, it's a pretty touchy issue, but people seem to interpret things to be more than they are. A mosque can be built anywhere, and they aren't necessarily allowing them to build it, the first amendment already does that. I can somewhat understand the other side of the story though, which is what makes it so difficult for them.

What makes me upset is that in other places as far as the west coast aren't allowing mosques to be built.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5(?)
    Socionics
    LII

I meant "allowed" in the sense of granting them permission to actually build the place. Although I may be deceiving myself and that in New York the system doesn't work that way -- as I mentioned before I am quite ignorant in the matter.

MBTI
    INFP

On a side note, the stock markets are panicking again. The Dow Jones Industrial Average, touched below 10000 points again.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tantive View Post
    On a side note, the stock markets are panicking again. The Dow Jones Industrial Average, touched below 10000 points again.
    If the stock market goes down the crapper that doesn't necessarily mean that the whole country is going down the crapper. It could also mean that business is shifting away from publicly traded corporations toward other types of companies.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INFP

money is going somewhere...like gold and silver. Thats an indicator :P

MBTI
    INFJ

Your reasoning is subjective.
    Ground control to Major Tom

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

The first shall be last and the last shall be first.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Your reasoning is subjective.
    As soon as something is said to be good or bad, the reasoning must be partially subjective.
    Go to sleep, iguana.