User Tag List

First 678

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
    Feeel better now?
    angell_m is an entertaining troll. You're just a bore. You need to work on your technique.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    angell_m is an entertaining troll. You're just a bore. You need to work on your technique.
    3800 posts and your first post in this thread was to comment on and point the
    literal interpretation of first-, second-, and third world in my direction, followed
    by a subjective passive aggressive comment, which subsided with you
    correcting my grammar. And then you went as far as to call ME a troll?
    And they call NT's rational...

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by angell_m View Post
    literal interpretation of first-, second-, and third world in my direction, followed
    I kind of agree with this, apart from using the words passive aggressive in this context.

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm just throwing random English words around hoping they'll be connected somehow.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by angell_m View Post
    Incorrect yet again. I'm simply astounded by your failure to get the simplest facts straight. How can you ever hope to make a valid argument when you don't bother with something so fundamental?

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...58-post25.html <---My first post in this thread.

This is a common theme with you, getting the facts wrong.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

@Lark: I see your point now. Thanks for spending the time explain it.

One thing though. When you say it's been noted that sometimes homeless people live or behave like animals, I'm not sure that's ever a good way to form any conclusions of off. The same argument was used by the slave owners for why the African natives should be enslaved. At the time they thought this to be true or at least used it as a rationalization for their actions. But it appears most now agree that it's not a good rationalization. It seems to me that good well thought out ethical considerations shouldn't be so specifically variable in their scope of time if they are to be used to justify conclusions. Otherwise, it comes off too self-righteous as opposed righteous. Not that I think this is being used by you as an important part of your argument though.

And I'm assuming when you refer to chaotic you refer to people that deliberately go against everyone and create chaos for purely individualistic and selfish reasons. Because those who are being legitimately oppressed definitely have a good reason to rebel and create chaos, as vague as that might sound, of course.