User Tag List

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Default Could the US accept a world in which is wasnt Hegemon?

I was thinking in relation to the hyperinflation thread and mention of currencies and petro-dollars would the US accept a world in which it wasnt hegemon?

For instance say that a Pax-Europa possibly in alliance with the Chinese where to rise which could control currencies, deploy troops and marshall intelligence, less well than the US but better than the next greatest rival, such as the Russians what would happen to the US?

What would happen domestically? If all the old stories about the US being the ultimate guarantor of international relations and nation no. 1 no longer held true? Who would be likely to be elected? What way would the political landscape and priorities change?

I'm not really interested in whether there could be a Pax-Europa, lets just say there is, its the US I'm interested in here as I'm beginning to think that a lot of international politics, including the creation of the Euro looked like restructuring for a post-Cold War game plan.

I tend to think that the whole of international politics and world affairs can be reduceable to what happens if the US is destabilised and what would provide stability in world affairs then.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I don't know because the US makes a ton of its money making military equipment.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

The US will have no choice but to see its role reduced in the coming years - just like what happened to England.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENFJ

The thing about Pax Europa -- it seems like a great idea and all, but for some reason I'm not convinced it would happen without coaxing with nuclear warheads.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Oberon

The US will wane in influence just as Rome did. It's to be expected.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

But will the US wane? Really? Is it something which the deep state or their conservative henchmen would allow to happen?

In the UK the choice was made after the war to bankroll health services instead of militarism and even Churchill knew it when he made all his speeches about the US and coaxed them into entry in WW2 with all the military tech.

I reckon that militarism trumphs health as a spending priority for most of the US electorate or the special interests, I also think that if Pax Europa did arise, I'm not even sure it is a good idea to be honest given the history of Germany to be honest, it would be a different power which wouldnt have recourse to nuclear weapons.