User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Thread: Overpopulation

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshoumaru View Post
    What chemical only affects humans?
    A strong virus or bacteria. One that doesn't have a weaker strain to allow a human to create vaccines for antibodies. One that spreads from human to human at a rapid pace.

There has only been a few that I have read that were vicious to the human population. Even then, a lot of the really deadly ones have been contained.

One example would be smallpox.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTJ

But they affect other resources as well, we need one that only affects humans, and to let live some of them...
    "Please don't have children, overpopulation is the real fuss of this world"-Composed by me...
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/20/205551.png

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTJ

And my intentions are to prove things right or wrong, it's what I like doing best! LOL!
    "Please don't have children, overpopulation is the real fuss of this world"-Composed by me...

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshoumaru View Post
    But they affect other resources as well, we need one that only affects humans, and to let live some of them...
    Lets just hope the human population is smart enough to come up with a vaccine when that time comes instead of bickering for power like they are doing with oil.

I still stand by original thought, create a better way to output the resources minus those who keep it for themselves for power is easier than coming up with something so specific.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTJ

I guess we'll need numbers to really analyze this... We need the total population of the human race, we also need the density of the places, and the availability of the resources, including which ones every single person can get in this system and by themselves... Then, to prove you right, you would need to suggest all possible "new order" distributions od humans... If it works, you're right, if it doesn't, then my idea would suit this world best... Unless someone else suggests a more realistic idea, being different from these 2, and that are able to be done in an elegant way to solve this problem... I doubt yours primarily because of the water, our most important source to keep us living... I think we would need to make changes to the world ecosystem (messing up other species that we need to survive) to produce clean water from the oceans or other places that contain it... But this doesn't prove any idea correct, either, the above suggestion for the demonstration would prove it once and for all...

I actually feel sorry for the mod who has to go all the way back into this thread to find where it went off the tracks.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I actally feel sorry for the mod that has to go all the way back into this thread to find where it went off the tracks.
    Whoops, you are completely right! Then I guess I will stop here, and create a proper thread for this...

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Kid, instead of putting your mind to hair-brained, ill-conceived ideas of genocide, how bout you try and figure out how to get yourself a nice girlfriend.

You'd be amazed at how quickly you would no longer care about this issue...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTJ

Default Overpopulation

Well, almost zero people care about this, but I care and wanted a proper thread for this, so hopefully this is the proper place... I think we have to act now, and I'll do my part by putting all this together... Brainstorming is always welcome for the solutions that seem available... Well, first of all, we have to stop reproducing right now, no more humans for a long while. Then, randomly kill a certain part of the population, let it be 1/2 or 2/3, as long as there is a remaining part of it surviving... To make use of the proper quantities of the available resources. I think a research on hydrotestosterone might do the job, since sperm production and hair loss are involved with the binding of it... Anyway, if we get to control those genes, and manage randomly to put them to a certain part of the remaining ones, then such things like rape wouldn't make real sense at all in the results... As for the getting there, I'd like INTJ and ENTJ to help me device this plan since I only have the ideas and possibilities in my head. Some of us in the end will die, some will live, it doesn't matter who, but it has to be random and done for prevention of doomsday by our own hand... You choose: the entire human race, or part of it with nice lives for the remaining ones?

By the way, has anyone considered this before? I'd really like to know your thoughts, and ways to getting there (Ni users, heavy planners, welcome!)

Oh, and some data that supports this idea for the ones who fail to see this need... Like entire populations and densities of cities... Or sections, whatever the best thing is here...

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

I think it's highly exaggerated of a "problem" - the people who worry about it really have little visualization or conception of how high we can go, because we haven't been this large before and they can't stretch their minds beyond what they see around them. So they infer we are at the limit, but truth is they'd be surprised to find out what a human being can live through and under what circumstances. They merely irrationally infer we are at some sort of hard end high cap.... just arbitrarily because. Please.... Let me know when every last square km of earth's surface has the population density of Calcutta, or when human beings account for 90 % of the earth's animal biomass. Until then I'll continue to lump it in with the whole "global warming" type of fanaticism.