User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 171

Thread: Overpopulation

  1. #11
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I dunno, but I have a headache and felt like being picky towards someone!
    Well, I will commend you on a job well done. lol

  2. #12
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Well, I will commend you on a job well done. lol
    thank you ma'am! (coincidentally the title of a Langston Hughes short story )

    some people just have it coming sometimes...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  3. #13
    Senior Member Sesshoumaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTJ
    Posts
    110

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    to give you a proper response to that which has nothing to do with the thinking/feeling divide, but a lot to do with logical consequences... who is going to decide? How will they decide? How will they have proper census results for decision making? What will happen to all of the dead bodies? How will the remaining humans be able to cooperate in a cohesive manner to work effectively after such a tragedy? Will they know who decided and ordered the killing? Will they know who killed their acquaitance/friend/family/lover? Will you just kill off a hell of a lot more people to insure that they don't have to deal with one another after such an event?

    A subjective judgement like right and wrong is signifigantly more Fi-ish than you'd like to think there, dahling... don't bitch about the feelers when you are using one of their functions, they might want it back

    I'm not for a world lacking any function... it would be boring...
    Hmm... I don't see how this is an F function... it's just an idea I have, and I want to apply it to this world that desperately needs it... what you're using there is Te. However, there's something called "biological weapons", and you can use them randomly. Just realize this isn't for the sake of killing, it's for the sake of the resources that this planet has available, and the proper management of them... By the way, any subjective judgement happens to be a Ji, not a Je, even though some Ji don't like it when they call them subjective (used to be me)

    About the dead bodies... that's the only concern here... that's easy... some animals will eventually come and devour them, let it be meat eating mammals, or bacteria, so it's not a real problem. The families and everything else have no real meaning at all... there can be better ways of organizing people, if you even want to do it...
    "Please don't have children, overpopulation is the real fuss of this world"-Composed by me...
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/20/205551.png

  4. #14
    Reason vs Being ragashree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Lol, why has this thread turned into a debate on the practicalities of mass killing?
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

  5. #15
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,126

    Default

    I don't know where your "knowlege" of functions comes from, but you're most definitley spot off there

    if you payed more careful attention, most functions were used in the compilation of that list... and Te isn't one of my stronger ones... as for subjective v non-subjective, functionally speaking Fi is the more subjective evaluating function as opposed to Ti, just as Fe is moreso of an extroverted function than Te... you're post is a better example of Fi/Te interaction than mine by far

    as far as your anthropocidal tendancies, they aren't particularly keeping in the theme of the thread here and you never did answer my most important question... who is doing this? I'm afraid that the Ns will suffer in such a post apocalyptic world... bad decision there I'd think...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  6. #16
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    Lol, why has this thread turned into a debate on the practicalities of mass killing?
    Only in this forum could Fi turn into dead bodies and bacteria.

  7. #17
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Only in this forum could Fi turn into dead bodies and bacteria.
    yeah, generally there's concern about strange smells, diseases spreading and drinking water being contaminated... those must just be stupid S concerns :rolli:
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  8. #18
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshoumaru View Post
    Hmm... I don't see how this is an F function... it's just an idea I have, and I want to apply it to this world that desperately needs it... what you're using there is Te. However, there's something called "biological weapons", and you can use them randomly. Just realize this isn't for the sake of killing, it's for the sake of the resources that this planet has available, and the proper management of them... By the way, any subjective judgement happens to be a Ji, not a Je, even though some Ji don't like it when they call them subjective (used to be me)

    About the dead bodies... that's the only concern here... that's easy... some animals will eventually come and devour them, let it be meat eating mammals, or bacteria, so it's not a real problem. The families and everything else have no real meaning at all... there can be better ways of organizing people, if you even want to do it...
    three problems...

    1. unless it's done REALLY slowly, you're still gonna fuck up the environment with all the leftover human refuse. at least hopefully humans can figure out ways to transform that stuff and figure out ways of returning it to the environment.

    2. not to mention the potential effect of the biochemical weapon, either in the atmosphere or in human remains.

    3. you can't do it "randomly". someone is going to decide whether this happens or not, even if it's orchestrated to kill randomly. and i don't wanna die. i imagine the rest of the population feels similarly. have less kids? be more environmentally conscious? sure, i don't mind. killing myself for the sake of the planet when there are other ways to go about saving it? nope.

    plus, if you're a subscriber to the belief in the global ecosystem to maintain balance, which i generally am, it seems like humans are gonna be about due for a near wipe-out in the next few thousand years if we don't start making the appropriate changes.

    Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    Lol, why has this thread turned into a debate on the practicalities of mass killing?
    lmao.

    as if Fi has enough people skills to do anything on a mass level

    it would seem that these threads seem to produce the opposite of their functional strengths. mass killing in the Fi thread, general disharmony in the Fe thread, overexaggeration in the Ti thread, and dismissal in the Ni thread.

    this is like... a bizarre parallel manifestation of what it would actually be like without those functions?

  9. #19
    Senior Member Sesshoumaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTJ
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I don't know where your "knowlege" of functions comes from, but you're most definitley spot off there

    if you payed more careful attention, most functions were used in the compilation of that list... and Te isn't one of my stronger ones... as for subjective v non-subjective, functionally speaking Fi is the more subjective evaluating function as opposed to Ti, just as Fe is moreso of an extroverted function than Te... you're post is a better example of Fi/Te interaction than mine by far

    as far as your anthropocidal tendancies, they aren't particularly keeping in the theme of the thread here and you never did answer my most important question... who is doing this? I'm afraid that the Ns will suffer in such a post apocalyptic world... bad decision there I'd think...
    First of all, when you say "you're post", you meant "your post", so that would prove a highly working Ti, as Te wouldn't point it out... Then, yeah, I use both Ti and Te according to the function usage theory, in my case, it's like this, even if you don't believe it: Ti>Te>Ne>Si>Fi>Ni>Se>Fe, which means my dominant is still Ti, and in fact, it's what I used in what you incorrectly assume it's an Fi/Te interaction... I would say it's an interaction of many functions, instead of limiting to those 2. As for you, if you strictly follow the theory (which has parts that are wrong, others are right) you would end up like Se>Ti>Fe>Ni, which may be very false as well... I suggest you visit some function usage topics, and if you have, then re-read...

    And lastly... how do you know Ns will suffer? I mean, you have to try first to see what happens in the end, rendering your argument just a possibility and nothing more...
    "Please don't have children, overpopulation is the real fuss of this world"-Composed by me...
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/20/205551.png

  10. #20
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshoumaru View Post
    First of all, when you say "you're post", you meant "your post", so that would prove a highly working Ti, as Te wouldn't point it out... Then, yeah, I use both Ti and Te according to the function usage theory, in my case, it's like this, even if you don't believe it: Ti>Te>Ne>Si>Fi>Ni>Se>Fe, which means my dominant is still Ti, and in fact, it's what I used in what you incorrectly assume it's an Fi/Te interaction... I would say it's an interaction of many functions, instead of limiting to those 2. As for you, if you strictly follow the theory (which has parts that are wrong, others are right) you would end up like Se>Ti>Fe>Ni, which may be very false as well... I suggest you visit some function usage topics, and if you have, then re-read...

    And lastly... how do you know Ns will suffer? I mean, you have to try first to see what happens in the end, rendering your argument just a possibility and nothing more...
    I would suggest you read more around the forum before getting silly ideas about what I mean here... ignorance is not particularly becoming

    and from the complaints of general ineptness put forth by some Ns on the forum when they get into "who's more intuitive" pissing contests, my conclusion, which was tongue in cheek for those who need a translator for humor, was not hard to draw

    learn some about people before being an asshole... it'll save you some embarassment in the long run
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Similar Threads

  1. Overpopulation, Unemployment and Nightlife
    By Epiphany in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-07-2013, 11:52 PM
  2. Overpopulation of women in college
    By Giggly in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 02-26-2010, 05:40 AM
  3. Mixing with Malthusians: Overpopulation
    By heart in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-14-2009, 08:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO