User Tag List

First 715161718 Last

Thread: Overpopulation

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post
    However, there are many pro-life conservatives who talk about population control specifically IN THE DEVELOPING WORLD, while simultaneously opposing abortion birth control (including sex education and condoms, as beargryllz pointed out) in their own country.
    This content might be out there, but it's by no means mainstream. This position of yours looks like an attempt to paint conservatives as neo-Nazis. Extreme racist bigotry... thanks but no thanks.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    This content might be out there, but it's by no means mainstream. This position of yours looks like an attempt to paint conservatives as neo-Nazis. Extreme racist bigotry... thanks but no thanks.
    It all depends on the ideology.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    That certainly is not my intention, and I don't necessarily believe that even those conservatives who do espouse the position I describe above are blatant racists. I simply mean that there is a contradiction there that some people may not recognize.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but war is pretty much one way history has solved overpopulation and economic hardship. The problem now though is that we have nuclear weapons; if we go to war with a nuclear power then we can be rest assured both sides involved will be decimated.

And despite the fact that war inevitably 'destroys life', the intention is that one side will come out of the war in a seemingly better position then before the war. If you think about it, it is usually the side that has lost so much that they believe even to win will be worse then surrendering; hence why a side would surrender and why someone like Hitler that wants everyone to fight to the last man is seen as 'insane'. If both sides see themselves being worse off (nuclear war) then what's the point anymore?

But I guess if someone can make it look like being decimated is a good thing, then we'll have a nuclear war...I wonder who will be the first to convince people of such a thing?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce-0iRrt66g&feature=related"][/YOUTUBE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    The real issue isn't overpopulation. It is distribution of available resources, and how to maximize distribution without discrimination - be it social, racial or economic. Overpopulation is a byproduct of inequality.
    +1000

Why isn't overconsumption your focus Sessh?

I implore you to research this issue more completely. You have come to an uneducated conclusion based on erroneous thoughts (and I say thoughts because you have presented no actual data for examination.)

What you propose is no different than this:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6hyhxUWb1k&feature=related"]Auschwitz[/YOUTUBE]

And you should watch this if you have forgotten or never really considered the value of a human life.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Oprah? Seriously? You couldn't find a pathos-inducing Auschwitz video without Oprah in it?
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Sesshoumaru: Just concentrate on graduating from high school. That's a good first step towards genocide. (baby steps!)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

^ what's important about this video are the displays and what Elie Weisel says ...

"How many Nobel prize winners died at the age of one ... two? And whose shoes are here? One of them could have discovered the remedy for cancer, for AIDS"

How does one decide exactly who gets to die in Sessh's genocide? And what loss to human evolution and understanding will that loss represent?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    The problem now though is that we have nuclear weapons; if we go to war with a nuclear power then we can be rest assured both sides involved will be decimated.

But I guess if someone can make it look like being decimated is a good thing, then we'll have a nuclear war...I wonder who will be the first to convince people of such a thing?
    They said the same thing 100 years ago when man first toyed with the notion of employing the machine gun in real combat.

Before that, they said the same thing about giving gunpowder to the masses of commoners

Before that, they said the same thing about the longbow felling the ruling class

Before that, I cannot say...

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    That seemed like a well thought out idea on his part, which was very important to him;
    Am I seriously the only one who saw this? lololololololol

I'd call this thread trolling, but I'm not sure it's that well thought out.
    -end of thread-