User Tag List

First 6789 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 85

  1. #71
    now! in shell form INA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    intp
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

  2. #72
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ubee0173 View Post
    'perspective' being the operative word. i never claimed "authority", the point i was trying to get across was that i can see it from the roma perspectives, but that i am not biased to the one side because that is not all of who i am. this is the reason i dont usually get involved in these things. i said what i said and if it was taken at 100% face value instead of assigning meaning that wasnt there to words i wrote it wouldnt be questioned- and if i went through and picked and dissected some things you said it would appear as though you were speaking of an infestation. and honestly, arguing the point is not going to change the opinion of someone already set in what they believe, you seem more intent on arguing with everyone than trying to learn something or teach someone a valuable idea. as for your argument, you have said the same thing in a variety of ways, trying to bulldoze everyone from every angle- and im sure you will argue that too because you are the only person able to be right (which you will also argue out the other side of your mouth.) you create situations in which only you can be "correct." and back to the subject, only time will tell who is right on this one. i dont care if you think you re right because im going to continue believing what feels right. and everytime i hold my beliefs in spite of odds, wether it is in 6 months or 6 years, time has again and again proven me right. so, we shall see.
    Yeah, I'm sure doing what feels right is the way to go. It's obviously always going to lead to the greater good.
    Also, you don't get to pick and choose and be a roma when it suits you but not a roma because you're also 20 other things.
    I'm sorry if reasoning hurts your brains. It's not about being right or not, it's a discussion and as every discussion it needs at least two sides otherwise it's calling stroking each other's egos.
    You go be right girl.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  3. #73
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    My opinion:

    It's France's business.

    Period.

  4. #74
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    My opinion:

    It's France's business.

    Period.
    You'll feel different when the Roma show up on your doorstep.

  5. #75
    Senior Member Tiltyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Can someone explain exactly how they are identifying the "Roma" in order to expel them? Are they going to do raids on suspected camps and deport everyone in one? Research genealogy to determine Roma heritage for all suspected? What if you're half-Roma?
    From what I'm reading, gypsies are quite serious about establishing who is or who is not a gypsy for themselves, and if you're not, you don't get to live with them. So that would kind of make it easy to tell from the outside, I guess.

  6. #76
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ubee0173 View Post
    makes much more sense when you put it that way. i dunno, i like to be in neighborhoods where i can be immersed in cultures im unfamiliar with- the more you know about everyone the harder it is to hate anyone. i say we demolish borders, hugs and candy all around. but my fantasy utopia and reality are not usually the same thing.
    If you don't have concrete feasible measures to turn the world into your utopia, no one is gonna listen unfortunately.

    Let me tell you one thing about the US though (generalizing here) - for all it's diversity, from my experience, they can be very prone to stereotyping people from other countries which is quite ironic.

  7. #77
    Senior Member ubee0173's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    7
    Socionics
    iei
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure doing what feels right is the way to go. It's obviously always going to lead to the greater good.
    Also, you don't get to pick and choose and be a roma when it suits you but not a roma because you're also 20 other things.
    I'm sorry if reasoning hurts your brains. It's not about being right or not, it's a discussion and as every discussion it needs at least two sides otherwise it's calling stroking each other's egos.
    You go be right girl.
    you arent reasoning. i dont think i need to write out the definition of reasoning, do i? and i can promise with 98% certainty that my iq is higher than yours. to make it simple- my brain feel good in ma' hed. keep being a gigantic asshole, see if that leads to the greater good. and i never picked and/or claimed to be or not be anything, or 20 things. i gave a concise description of my genetic makeup because it fuels my opinion to some extent and is relevant to the topic. i also never claimed to be right (i said time will tell and i have a damn good track record, which is true) or only want a one sided discussion ( i am open to any well presented opposing opinion that doesnt insult others- im sure there are many valid points to contemplate). you just present yourself as the Grand High Authority on What is Correct- leaving no room for a difference of opinion. you are a rude "intelligence" snob and condescend almost everyone. im sorry that you cant see past your own myopic view of yourself, culture, the world, etc, etc. it makes me feel sorry for you. so you go be right! please, quote me some more, point out my flaws and insult my intelligence. thats gonna make me think your opinion's worthwhile. silly.
    I will buy you a drink and I'll tell you what I think, and tomorrow, in the morning, I won't be sorry that I didn't sleep.


    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #78
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ubee0173 View Post
    you arent reasoning. i dont think i need to write out the definition of reasoning, do i? and i can promise with 98% certainty that my iq is higher than yours. to make it simple- my brain feel good in ma' hed. keep being a gigantic asshole, see if that leads to the greater good. and i never picked and/or claimed to be or not be anything, or 20 things. i gave a concise description of my genetic makeup because it fuels my opinion to some extent and is relevant to the topic. i also never claimed to be right (i said time will tell and i have a damn good track record, which is true) or only want a one sided discussion ( i am open to any well presented opposing opinion that doesnt insult others- im sure there are many valid points to contemplate). you just present yourself as the Grand High Authority on What is Correct- leaving no room for a difference of opinion. you are a rude "intelligence" snob and condescend almost everyone. im sorry that you cant see past your own myopic view of yourself, culture, the world, etc, etc. it makes me feel sorry for you. so you go be right! please, quote me some more, point out my flaws and insult my intelligence. thats gonna make me think your opinion's worthwhile. silly.
    *Laughs*
    You're cute.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  9. #79
    Senior Member ubee0173's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    7
    Socionics
    iei
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    If you don't have concrete feasible measures to turn the world into your utopia, no one is gonna listen unfortunately.

    Let me tell you one thing about the US though (generalizing here) - for all it's diversity, from my experience, they can be very prone to stereotyping people from other countries which is quite ironic.
    i have many concrete features. i just know they are too many and no ones gonna listen anyway- besides, having a discussion here isnt going to change the world. its just an interesting medium for learning facts and opinions and learning where you stand in the scheme of things. and yeah- there are some people like that in the US, but they are usually the ones makin' the most noise- thats why everyone hears about them. everyone i know is pretty tolerant and more than willing to reexamine their beliefs about the world and people in general.
    I will buy you a drink and I'll tell you what I think, and tomorrow, in the morning, I won't be sorry that I didn't sleep.


    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #80
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ubee0173 View Post
    i have many concrete features. i just know they are too many and no ones gonna listen anyway- besides, having a discussion here isnt going to change the world. its just an interesting medium for learning facts and opinions and learning where you stand in the scheme of things. and yeah- there are some people like that in the US, but they are usually the ones makin' the most noise- thats why everyone hears about them. everyone i know is pretty tolerant and more than willing to reexamine their beliefs about the world and people in general.
    If you debate and convince one person of why your view or method is better, than you have changed the world.

Similar Threads

  1. post good music from your country
    By INTP in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 04-21-2013, 03:26 PM
  2. post good music NOT from your country
    By ilikeitlikethat in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-15-2012, 04:26 AM
  3. American national & foreign debt (split from Chinese origins)
    By Rail Tracer in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-15-2012, 11:05 PM
  4. battery chargers in foreign countries
    By Walking Tourist in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-27-2010, 03:40 PM
  5. Hellu from Boring Country
    By InvisibleJim in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-20-2009, 05:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO