User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post

I can assure you if any other race had gotten the upper hand they would have behaved exactly the same..
    I don't disagree with you there! But that's not what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    The real enemy is economic elitism, and it's systems. racism is just symptomatic of that .
    Yes, I agree absolutely with this.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

I'm not exactly white, but I'm benefiting from the exploitation of non-whites myself.. I've yet to get rid of my Made in Ecuador sweatshop products.

Ultimately, exploitation is not an easy thing to escape for anyone. To be truly non-exploitative, you have to go the extra mile, and can never be passive about it, no matter who you are.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I'm not exactly white, but I'm benefiting from the exploitation of non-whites myself.. I've yet to get rid of my Made in Ecuador sweatshop products.

Ultimately, exploitation is not an easy thing to escape for anyone. To be truly non-exploitative, you have to go the extra mile, and can never be passive about it, no matter who you are.
    Yeah, it's really, really hard to get away from. Like I said, it's ingrained in the system. That's why I don't think anyone can be blamed for benefitting from such practices... it really is nearly impossible to escape. All we can do is be aware of the problem and do what we can to right it.

(There really needs to be a emoticon.... I use it all the time!)
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    INFP

There is no objective evil, it's an abstract concept that exists only in your own mind.

So yes, you are the source of all evil

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I dont see how any of these things makes you anything other than what you just said, ie fat, white etc.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Manis View Post
    There is no objective evil, it's an abstract concept that exists only in your own mind.

So yes, you are the source of all evil
    No I dont agree with that, you've got to do a lot of philosophising to convince yourself of that, most people employing practical reasoning know what evil is, they what its like to experience it or imagine experiencing it and to witness it happening to others, and they'd all define it the same way.

MBTI
    ESFP

The fat, white, middle-class, taxpaying American demographic is not even important enough to be the source of evil. If you want to go there, you'd have to think much bigger. Perhaps the human condition which could also be called the nature of sub-omniscience.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Blown Ghost View Post
    The fat, white, middle-class, taxpaying American demographic is not even important enough to be the source of evil. If you want to go there, you'd have to think much bigger. Perhaps the human condition which could also be called the nature of sub-omniscience.
    I'm interested to hear more about what you mean by the human condition, I tend to think that evil corresponds to the objectification of people, treating them as means to a personal end, rather than an end in themselves independent from you.

At a micro-level this kind of thing can result from psychopathy, like killing, raping or sadism, on the macro-level atrocity, genocide and totalitarianism.

Although, superstitious or not I think the greatest visualisations of evil in the modern world have been those of Clive Barker, the weaving of the human perversity with the supernatural and inexplicable I think is unrivalled. There no way that the romantics will ever be able to rehabilitate the Cenobites the way they have vampires.

MBTI
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'm interested to hear more about what you mean by the human condition, I tend to think that evil corresponds to the objectification of people, treating them as means to a personal end, rather than an end in themselves independent from you.
    Assuming we are trying to find the reason for evil and anything that does not eventually cause any harm isn't evil, then ultimately that reason must be ignorance--there are other things that cause harm but if they are beyond the control of man then there is no reason they should be of concern to any of us. Ignorance is a relative state of knowing anything less than everything and if you do not know everything then mistakes are unavoidable and harm is caused. To err is human and if it wasn't then we wouldn't call being human a condition.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Allow me to introduce myself.

I am a fat, white, middle-class, taxpaying American. So hi!

That makes me evil, right?

Discuss.
    You left out the words "old, Republican and Southern Baptist".
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com