User Tag List

12 Last

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Default Phyllis Schlafly's opinion on Arizonas legislature. [LOL, So much IRONY!]

Words of wisdom spoken by Phyllis Schlafly herself. Feel free to ignore her opinion as she is a woman. (If you don't know who this woman is, I recommend you give her wiki a quick once-over. The misogynistic joke I just made gets so much better once you know more about her):

Un-American American History Courses

Phyllis Schlafly:

Arizona's new law that requires the police to ask people to show ID, which was just knocked out by a supremacist judge, may not be the most controversial Arizona law about illegal aliens. Governor Jan Brewer signed another law this year that bans schools from teaching classes designed to promote solidarity among students of a particular ethnic group.
    This law bans classes that "promote the overthrow of the United States government" or "promote resentment toward a race or class of people" because schools should treat all pupils as individual Americans. The issue arose because the Tucson School District offers courses in Mexican-American studies (known locally as Raza Studies) that focus on that particular group and its influence.

The law doesn't prohibit these classes so long as they are open to all students and don't promote ethnic resentment or solidarity. However, Arizona's Superintendent of Public Instruction, Tom Horne, says the basic theme of the Mexican-American studies program is that Latino students "were and continue to be victims of a racist American society driven by the interests of middle- and upper-class whites."

Among the goals listed for the Mexican-American Studies are "social justice" and "Latino Critical Race Pedagogy." Pictures of the classroom showed the walls decorated with "heroes" such as Fidel Castro and Che Guevara.

Tucson also offers courses especially for African-American and Native-American students. These classes obviously divide the student population by race, a practice we thought was not supposed to be tolerated any more.

Greta van Susteren interviewed former Tucson high school teacher, John A. Ward, who was removed from teaching the class for Mexican Americans and reassigned because he questioned the curriculum. For raising concerns, Ward was called a racist and, since he himself is of Mexican heritage, also called vendido (Spanish for sellout).

The state of Arizona requires students to take a course in American history in order to graduate, but Ward said the course was actually not about American history at all. He said it focused solely on the history of the Aztec people, which is the group to which Mexican-American activists ascribe their lineage.

Others who have looked at the books used in these courses say they refer to Americans as "Anglos" or "Euroamericans" rather than as "Americans." The books do not recognize the United States as a country, but claim Arizona is part of "Aztlan, Mexico" (even though the Aztecs never lived in what is now the United States).

The Mexican version of history is not the only foreign propaganda masquerading as American history in public school courses and textbooks. Five chapters promoting Islam were inserted in a world history textbook that is authorized and recommended for seventh grade students by the state of California.

This world history textbook, called History Alive! The Medieval World and Beyond, gives the history and beliefs of Islam lengthy and favorable treatment far above and beyond what is given to every other religion, according to Stephen Schwartz in the Weekly Standard (Aug. 9, 2010).

The textbook uses what he calls a "sanitized vocabulary" to conceal Muslim practices that are criminal in the United States. These include forced marriage, forced divorce, marriage to children, polygamy, and punishments imposed by Sharia law such as public beheadings, amputations, cruel floggings, and stonings.

Muhammad is the only person in this world history textbook who rates an entire chapter. Jesus gets only one sentence, and the contrast between the treatment of Islam and Christianity is shocking.

The book gives an entirely positive account of Muhammad's teachings, saying, for example, "He preached tolerance for Christians and Jews as fellow worshipers of the one true God." It says nothing about Jesus's teachings, but does describe examples of Christian persecution of non-Christians.

This textbook tells students that the first year in the Muslim calendar is "the year of Muhammad's hijrah" (his escape from Mecca to Medina in the year 622). The book doesn't say from what event our Christian calendar dates, instead replacing A.D. with the trendy term "C.E." (Common Era).

William J. Bennetta, editor of the Textbook Letter, published a detailed analysis of this book's distortions, which he calls "pseudohistory." Bennetta documents how it was influenced by a Muslim pressure group, the Council on Islamic Education (CIE), which boasts of successfully "collaborating" with "K-12 publishers" to present a benign view of Islam to impressionable American schoolchildren.

Parents should check out how American history is taught, and NOT taught, in their kids' school. Is Islamic or Mexican propaganda masquerading as "American history"?

Further reading:
    TUSD ethnic studies backers disrupt forum for AZ schools chief candidates
    Arizona Daily Star, August 13, 2010
    Islam in America's public schools: Education or indoctrination?
    By Cinnamon Stillwell, June 11, 2008
    Jesus was American. Lolololololololololololol!!!
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Oh lord... yet another example of incendiary conservative propaganda...

The law doesn't prohibit these classes so long as they are open to all students and don't promote ethnic resentment or solidarity. However, Arizona's Superintendent of Public Instruction, Tom Horne, says the basic theme of the Mexican-American studies program is that Latino students "were and continue to be victims of a racist American society driven by the interests of middle- and upper-class whites."
    Since this is the truth, I see no reason why it shouldn't be taught.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentMind View Post
    Words of wisdom spoken by Phyllis Schlafly herself. Feel free to ignore her opinion as she is a woman.
    HAHAHAHAHAH, hilarious!! :yim_rolling_on_the_:yim_rolling_on_the_

My blog:

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post
    Since this is the truth, I see no reason why it shouldn't be taught.
    Indeed. But alas, it seems like those same upper and middle class whites won't allow for it as it's not in their best interests.

Hrmmmmm.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

OMG is that hag still alive?!!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    OMG is that hag still alive?!!
    Just barely. You can tell she's near her demise because she is digging her brittle nails into the newer generations.

Teen Eagles - Teen Eagles

Teen Eagles, in affiliation with Eagle Forum, is a group of like-minded teenage students with a conservative view. The group exists to facilitate growth among students who have a basic Christian worldview and provide them with the opportunity to develop their leadership skills and experience by becoming involved in civic activities and the political process.

Today, young conservatives with Judeo-Christian values must be knowledgeable, independent thinkers in order to face the social and political environment of our world. More often than not, our young people enter into colleges and universities as lambs to the slaughter, unable to handle the full-scale frontal attack on their values and their faith.
    Eagle teens unite! Their moral and intellectual powers are compounded infinitely when they are in a unified group. Like a Megazord that wasn't manufactured in Japan, but in America! So awesome!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Indeed. But alas, it seems like those same upper and middle class whites won't allow for it as it's not in their best interests.

Hrmmmmm.
    Yeah, it's a tricky one. Happily, some of them (or, I should say, "some of us"... because I guess I'm technically middle-class) are beginning to realize the impact their lifestyle has on the world and are working to change it, but certainly not enough. Ahh to live in a time where respect and compassion for our fellow man overrides the pursuit of material wealth...

My blog:

MBTI
    ENFJ

Wait, what?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post
    Ahh to live in a time where respect and compassion for our fellow man overrides the pursuit of material wealth...
    I can't imagine such a thing. Perhaps I'm just to pessimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Wait, what?
    Where did I lose you?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Where did I lose you?
    the article doesn't make any sense.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge