User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Vice

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    But considering the state of business in this country, I think the female employees would be at the bottom of the food chain and I doubt they'd get to decide much of anything. They might be just as bad off as they are now.
    Some prostitutes make 6 figures easily where it is legal. People put up with a lot for that much.

Another concern is the kind of mentality this breeds. Male prostitutes are such a minority, especially in the big businesses, I just wonder how accepting prostitution would effect feminism. Somehow I doubt people will gain respect for prostitutes. They'll probably just lose respect for women.
    I don't see how it is any different than stripping.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Some prostitutes make 6 figures easily where it is legal. People put up with a lot for that much.
    So, a decent paycheck rules-out any concern of dignity, or ethics, or humanity?

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I don't see how it is any different than stripping.
    1: maybe the opinion of women would be better in a world without strip clubs. I don't know. Guys certainly don't seem to respect strippers much.

2: stripping for someone, and having sex with someone(probably however they please) are two very, very different things.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ISTx

I think many of the prostitutes are desperate and mostly innocent girls.
    I think they deserve more of a chance.
    The pimps are worse because they're pulling the strings. They get the most benefits, they are the root of the operations, they terrorize their own whores.
    The pimps are real bastards. The prostitutes are just misguided pawns.
    No positive regard towards pimps but I think that's a little naive. I would say what the pimps do would be more criminal but I don't think they are all abusive and what Hollywood might portray them to be. They are running the show so to speak but I don't think the prostitutes should be considered victims. It's easy and quick money and that's why ladies get into it. They should be handled the same way IMO.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    No positive regard towards pimps but I think that's a little naive. I would say what the pimps do would be more criminal but I don't think they are all abusive and what Hollywood might portray them to be. They are running the show so to speak but I don't think the prostitutes should be considered victims. It's easy and quick money and that's why ladies get into it. They should be handled the same way IMO.
    If anything, Hollywood glorifies pimps too much.

"Easy" in some sense. Besides, I empathize with desire for easy cash when you are scraping the bottom.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ISTx

If anything, Hollywood glorifies pimps too much.

"Easy" in some sense. Besides, I empathize with desire for easy cash when you are scraping the bottom.
    Well, if you personally want to empathize with them, that's your thing but that doesn't make the laws obsolete. It takes a little effort to make an earning.

Last movie I can recall with a pimp was 'Taxi Driver'. The dude was bad news. hah

MBTI
    INTJ

So, a decent paycheck rules-out any concern of dignity, or ethics, or humanity?
    Yes. That is the case quite often. It is their choice. It isn't being forced on them.

1: maybe the opinion of women would be better in a world without strip clubs. I don't know. Guys certainly don't seem to respect strippers much.
    Maybe. If so, the fault doesn't lie with stripping. It lies with men who give them less respect. A lot of people don't respect cops or politicians either.

2: stripping for someone, and having sex with someone(probably however they please) are two very, very different things.
    As I said before. It's the individuals choice if they want to do it or not. Strippers strip because it pays well...just like prostitutes.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

strippers make GOOD money for a woman without a college degree! I was hired as a stripper before I got the job that I have now- I would have gotten paid better had I taken that job, but I decided that it might not look all that great on a job application for the federal government

Stripping is apparently one of 3 jobs in which females are better paid on average than males- the others being prostitution and modeling. THAT is why people still go into those fields!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    strippers make GOOD money for a woman without a college degree! I was hired as a stripper before I got the job that I have now- I would have gotten paid better had I taken that job, but I decided that it might not look all that great on a job application for the federal government

Stripping is apparently one of 3 jobs in which females are better paid on average than males- the others being prostitution and modeling. THAT is why people still go into those fields!

I consider that unfortunate.
    Look. Iran is now allowing people to sell their kidneys. That is probably going to have a negative effect. The country is going to wind-up with a ton of poor people with only one kidney, and a bunch of rich people with two kidneys.
    Sometimes, you are basically guiding the people down a certain path, even if you aren't forcing them technically. These things must be considered.

It'd be a lot nicer if women just got pay as good as men in general, right?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    strippers make GOOD money for a woman without a college degree!
    No shit. I was with a girl once who was making 5-6 times as much as I was making waiting tables at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan
    I consider that unfortunate.
    Look. Iran is now allowing people to sell their kidneys. That is probably going to have a negative effect. The country is going to wind-up with a ton of poor people with only one kidney, and a bunch of rich people with two kidneys.
    Sometimes, you are basically guiding the people down a certain path, even if you aren't forcing them technically. These things must be considered.
    Guiding and forcing isn't the same thing. They still have a choice if they want to sell a kidney or not. Not to be a dick...but I think a poor Iranian losing a kidney is worth it to save a potentially world-altering Westerner.

MBTI
    ISTx

Vice, vice, baby. dun dun dun dun, duh duh, dun dun