User Tag List

First 6789 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Videotaping the police shouldn't be a crime, but cops might also need better protection from frivolous lawsuits.

MBTI
    GONE

The charges are BS and is a clear case of the state trying to intimidate citizens. I hope the case does go through to highlight how ridiculous MD is being the case is thrown out, setting a precedent.

My friend was arrested once in DC and the cops confiscate her SIM CARD because they thought she was recording them. All bs.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Oberon

Hey... that motorcyclist won his case.

This was my favorite part... from the judge's ruling:

Those of us who are public officials and are entrusted with the power of the state are ultimately accountable to the public. When we exercise that power in public fora, we should not expect our actions to be shielded from public observation.

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Hey... that motorcyclist won his case.

This was my favorite part... from the judge's ruling:
    What an awesome quote.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Have to be glad such a case was thrown out.

The fact that the cop is an unmarked car and doesn't show his badge I would also question whether he has any authority at all in the situation. Are people supposed to assume everyone that says they are a cop is one?
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGray View Post
    The fact that the cop is an unmarked car and doesn't show his badge I would also question whether he has any authority at all in the situation. Are people supposed to assume everyone that says they are a cop is one?
    Watch the original video on Youtube. There was a cop car behind him, which had stobes on. He knew he was being pulled over, but was shocked that the cops pulled a gun on him. I know this is not uncommon in some parts of the USA, but it is unheard of in Australia..

The guy's helmet cam was really prominently mounted on top of his helmet. It is not like the cop could deny the possibility of being filmed.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Lark, I think you don't understand what the cops can be like here. I've only had the slightest of encounters -- where the cops actually thought I was a black woman because I had my hair in long cornrows and it was dark outside -- and it scared the crap out of me. And I was never afraid of the police before in my life. I was happy to see police cars and considered the policeman my friend, just like a child. I am afraid of them now.

Police need supervision and yeah, we should be able to film them any time we want. Especially if they're in public.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Should videotaping the police really be a crime?
    Hell no.

Because without it, we wouldn't have known about this incident.

Or this one.

Or this one.

Or this one.

Or even this one (reading that comment section makes you wanna cut a b*tch).

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    Hell no.

Because without it, we wouldn't have known about this incident.

Or this one.

Or this one.

Or this one.

Or even this one (reading that comment section makes you wanna cut a b*tch).

That's quite a few incidents!

I've been pepper sprayed, tased, and even beat up by the police before. The other day I got stopped while walking down the street and searched without any probable cause. This stuff is just considered "normal" where I live. I think I'm going to start walking around with a hidden camera.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post

That's quite a few incidents!
    Those are but a few!

There are so many instances of police brutality in this country (hellooo, Rodney King & Oscar Grant?) and these men face no consequences. Or if they do the retribution they face is mild sauce. It's a real stinkin' problem.

I've been pepper sprayed, tased, and even beat up by the police before. The other day I got stopped while walking down the street and searched without any probable cause. This stuff is just considered "normal" where I live. I think I'm going to start walking around with a hidden camera.
    I know what you mean when you say you've come to see that kind of abuse of power by policemen as "normal." I've learned very early on that the police aren't always there to "serve and protect." Sometimes they're the bad guys.

Anyway, I'm sorry you had (and still have) to go through that. That's absolutely ridiculous. No one should be made to feel like a criminal for just being! ohtheinjustice! :steam: