User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INTP

"I didn't sell out, I bought in"

Except with a printer, you don't even have to.

Should videotaping crime really be a police?

Oberon

As long as this sort of thing goes on, I say the more videotape we got, the better off we are.

Denver Cops Beat, Arrest Man for Taking Cell Phone Pics (Among Other Things)

There's a kid with a load of guns on that website, I hope that the gang bangers dont pay him a visit to tool up.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    There's a kid with a load of guns on that website, I hope that the gang bangers dont pay him a visit to tool up.
    ...the relevance being...?

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    ...the relevance being...?
    None really, just thought it was cool.

Oh yeah, like, lets kill all the cops, evil bastards, then crime will go away, yeah, hoorah and stuff.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    None really, just thought it was cool.

Oh yeah, like, lets kill all the cops, evil bastards, then crime will go away, yeah, hoorah and stuff.
    Who said that? Who even implied that?

I'm not anti-cop... what I am is pro-justice. The thing is, I'm pro-justice for all concerned. I don't think we're at a place where it's a good idea to make it illegal to video the cops.

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Who said that? Who even implied that?

I'm not anti-cop... what I am is pro-justice. The thing is, I'm pro-justice for all concerned. I don't think we're at a place where it's a good idea to make it illegal to video the cops.
    You know what? I cant tell, I cant tell anymore because the sort of pop-libertarianism or pop-anarchy which has become passe among online commentators and young people especially will compare a police officer who is using minimal force necessary with a violent offender to mussolini or the SS, its happened so often that I'm as suspiscious of anti-authoritarianism as I was once, in former years, of authoritarianism itself. That's just being honest and I'm not labelling you, just saying how I see this stock message of righteous us vs. bad guys with badges playing out.

That's from a one time fan of Abbie Hoffman and also someone who has experienced seriously wrong action by police, from covering for villains, just piss poor practice which has permitted serious offending and out right power tripping, unjustifiable force. I've every reason to suspect authority and as a result I generally respect the individual and not the office, whether its police or anything else.

On the other hand the pop anti-authoritarianism has had its day, its become a maxim for people in authority who dont want to assert themselves or be authoritative.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

maybe it wasn't in "good taste" to post up a video of a police incident on youtube or media sharing websites. however, i think if the cop behaved unacceptably that whatever proof you would have of this should be allowed to be used as evidence in a court of law on either the prosecuting or defense side.

I've heard there are videotapes of the police doing rude things but the women in them arent really police officers they just dress up as police officers sometimes.