User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 195

  1. #41
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Scooby dooby doo!

  2. #42
    Courage is immortality Valiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE
    Posts
    3,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Scooby dooby doo!
    Oh, and by the way, bard is the most worthless character class ever

    Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

  3. #43
    Cat Wench ReadingRainbows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    1,899

    Default

    I blame feminism for my lack of an extreme fine and rich man right now.
    Now I have to go make my own fortune. How sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

  4. #44
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Oh, and by the way, bard is the most worthless character class ever
    I'll sing a tune and do a little dance

    By the end of the day, I'll have you in a trance.


  5. #45
    THIS bitch stringstheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    1
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    932

    Default

    i consider myself more of a gender-abolitionist feminist, so "feminism" and ideas of equality is a little different to me. My major in school is Gender/Women's studies (with a minor in Queer studies) and through my studies I have come to question what it means in any culture to be a "man" or "woman", and the social rewards for adhering to these evolving social constructs. I do have some problems with the term feminism because it adheres to a gender binary that doesn't necessarily exist in the natural sense, though I currently cannot offer solutions to this misnomer and feel that there are larger issues at hand anyway.

    Gender roles set up expectations to which everyone "should" aspire and become enforced by means of things like the media, legislation, people who do adhere to the norms, etc. It concerns me because everyone is affected, not just those who identify as women, and I do not believe that anyone should have to adhere to these norms to avoid suffering social consequences. When women are identified primarily by roles such as "passiveness" or "nurturing" we are assuming some problematic things: namely that men can assume the opposite roles, and that such traits are inherent and unwavering. Both men and women, in this society, find themselves nurtured into many gender roles that can be destructive and degrading, I think, especially for those who do not identify. Nuggets of wisdom like "big boys don't cry" say just as much to young boys as "act like a lady" says to young girls.

    I'm not so naive as to think that something on this large of a scale can be so radically changed, but i do think that because of the nature of gender roles, we can strive towards constructing a society that promotes more positive gender roles for everyone and does not enforce them in such a destructive manner so long as we recognize that many of them are the result of socialization and not necessarily biology.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)



  6. #46
    Courage is immortality Valiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE
    Posts
    3,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    I'll sing a tune and do a little dance

    By the end of the day, I'll have you in a trance.

    I just felt a sudden need to pee. Bad poetry does that to me
    That's not in your favor if you stand in front of me in a fight.
    I'm a naked barbarian from the north.

    <Sorry for minor derail! Will stop immediately to not ruin a nice thread.>

    Funny tater :p

    Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

  7. #47
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Do you have an actual comment, or do you think that snide remarks will suffice? I certainly hope that's not the case.
    Your mouth says one thing, your actions say another:

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    If he's lucky, all night long
    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    I'm sorry you've had such disappointing sexual experiences in your day.
    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    So you say... and yet, you think going all night is "exaggerating."

    Just let that one stew for a moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Of course, you get in a rhythm, lose all sense of time, and sure enough, you've been going at it for hours.

    It's a great workout, too.

  8. #48
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    The problem is that men and women are simply not equal in value.

    Women are far more valuable. A man will go through as many spermatozoa in a week as a woman will produce ova in a lifetime. That's the nugget of capital-T Truth that humanity is built around, and we cannot accurately look at human relations outside this scope.

    That's why the function of every successful society thus far has been to protect women, both from the men of other societies and from the predatory men within.

  9. #49
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Your mouth says one thing, your actions say another:
    You were being snarky in the first circumstance, and I played along, having fun. Then I made a serious comment, and you failed to pick up on the shift in tone.

    Nice try, though.

  10. #50
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    The problem is that men and women are simply not equal in value.

    Women are far more valuable. A man will go through as many spermatozoa in a week as a woman will produce ova in a lifetime. That's the nugget of capital-T Truth that humanity is built around, and we cannot accurately look at human relations outside this scope.

    That's why the function of every successful society thus far has been to protect women, both from the men of other societies and from the predatory men within.
    Good observation. However, we could take it another way and say that because we don't need as many women as men to produce in large quantities, a single man could have sexual ownership over a plethora of women. Simply because he can inseminate multiple females while females have to wait longer.

Similar Threads

  1. I'm trying to supply my friend who knows nothing of MBTI with some material
    By swordpath in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-19-2011, 04:23 PM
  2. A word to those who are offended...
    By TickTock in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-07-2010, 03:32 PM
  3. To those who care
    By 527468 in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-05-2009, 05:39 PM
  4. Replies: 77
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 01:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO