User Tag List

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Default Angry tax-payers 'blow-up' and give an illegal immigrant a 'hard time'.

Taxpayer-Funded Penis Pump For Jailed Illegal Alien | Judicial Watch

Proving that the illegal immigration crisis is not limited to border states, an undocumented alien in a Midwest prison for a felony conviction fleeced U.S. taxpayers for tens of thousands of dollars worth of medical care, including surgery for an inflatable penis pump.

The unbelievable story was recently made public by officials in a tiny Minnesota town—Shakopee—that has been enormously impacted by illegal immigrants. In the last few years, the cost of incarcerating illegal aliens has grown nearly tenfold in the small county (Scott) that encompasses the town of about 25,000 residents.

Last year alone Scott County, with a population of about 114,000, spent $307,000 to jail illegal aliens and nearly $1 million in the last four years combined. The figure doesn’t even include medical coverage, education or welfare for illegal aliens, which local officials say state and federal laws require them to provide.

Incredibly, the mandatory coverage includes penis pumps, which in this particular case, was billed as an “emergency” medical procedure that cost taxpayers $50,000. Jailed for identity theft, the illegal immigrant has also incurred tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills in addition to that emergency penis pump surgery.

After serving 98 days for that felony in the Scott County Jail — at a $12,000 cost to local taxpayers — the man was supposed to be held for deportation. Instead, he was released and assigned a deportation court date even though he has a history of jumping bail. The same illegal immigrant had an arrest warrant for skipping bail involving a separate crime when he got booked in Scott County for identity theft.

The information regarding this and other similar cases came to light because county prosecutors launched a probe of the financial toll created by illegal immigrants after a gang-related stabbing earlier this month. The gang bangers who murdered the Coon Rapids man during a turf fight lived in Shakopee and belonged to the notoriously violent Latin Kings.

This illustrates that rural America has indeed been hit by an illegal immigration crisis once thought to affect only border states. Minnesota officials point out that, although Scott County is thousands of miles from the U.S.-Mexican border, illegal immigrants are devastating their community. That’s why one Scott County lawmaker, Commissioner Barbara Marschall, applauds Arizona officials for saying “we’ve had enough.”
    Opinions?
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Shake o pee is buying penis pumps for illegal immigrants.

Sure! Pull my other leg, it's got bells on it!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

1. Shakopee is not a tiny town. It's basically a rural suburb, if that make sense.

2. Rural MN needs the labor provided by undocumented immigrants:
    "The diversification of rural Midwestern communities by Latino, Asian and
    African residents is almost entirely due to the establishment or expansion of large food processing plants.

The demise of large farms across the Midwest has led to population losses, a reduction in retail services and a shrinking tax base in many agricultural communities. Fonkert calculates that between 1983 and 2000 there was a 50 percent decline in rural grocery stores, 44 percent decline in hardware stores, a 36 percent decline in grain elevators and 27 hospital closings in rural Minnesota communities.

Twenty-four of these counties were in the southern and
    western areas of the states. At the same time, the aging of the working-age population and low unemployment rates have resulted in acute labor shortages. In 2001 the state unemployment rate was 3.7 percent, compared to 4.8 percent nation-wide.

Similar demographic changes across the Midwest have coincided with a restructuring of the meat and poultry processing industries, and the relocation of large packing plants from urban to rural communities, seeking lower taxes and lower transportation and labor costs. Mechanization of meat processing has fundamentally changed the social and economic structure of the industry. Greater automation and the advent of a disassembly line has led to single tasking in the preparation of carcasses, thereby reducing the need for highly skilled and well-paid butchers.

The decline of wages and working conditions in meat processing, coupled with population losses in rural areas has resulted in labor shortages for rural based meat and poultry processing plants. Recruitment of low wage workers was a logical response, and meat packing companies took advantage of the fact that newly arrived immigrants represented a relatively pliable workforce, willing to work for low wages, and under poor working conditions. As a result, meat processing has become the single most important manufacturing activity in rural American communities."

Full article at http://www.hhh.umn.edu/people/kfenne...ties_in_mn.pdf
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Shake o pee is buying penis pumps for illegal immigrants.

Sure! Pull my other leg, it's got bells on it!
    Shakopee, Minnesota

Shakopee (pronounced /ˈʃɑːkəpiː/ SHAH-kə-pee) is a city southwest of downtown Minneapolis in the U.S. state of Minnesota and is the county seat of Scott County.
    Needs more cowbell.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

@Aquarelle99: 40 pages?! I will have to read that tonight as I don't have time right now.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yeah, it's long. :P I don't expect you to read the whole thing unless you are interested, just provided the link for citation purposes and those who are interested.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post
    Twenty-four of these counties were in the southern and western areas of the states. At the same time, the aging of the working-age population and low unemployment rates have resulted in acute labor shortages. In 2001 the state unemployment rate was 3.7 percent, compared to 4.8 percent nation-wide.
    I don't believe any region of the country is currently suffering from a labor shortage..unless your company pays below the minimum wage and violates federal regulation.

How many homeless construction workers would turn down farm work?

Similar demographic changes across the Midwest have coincided with a restructuring of the meat and poultry processing industries, and the relocation of large packing plants from urban to rural communities, seeking lower taxes and lower transportation and labor costs. Mechanization of meat processing has fundamentally changed the social and economic structure of the industry. Greater automation and the advent of a disassembly line has led to single tasking in the preparation of carcasses, thereby reducing the need for highly skilled and well-paid butchers.
    The Jungle applies once again.

Why do you think we have so many meat contamination outbreaks? Because all our meats come from massive centralized meat processing plants.

The decline of wages and working conditions in meat processing, coupled with population losses in rural areas has resulted in labor shortages for rural based meat and poultry processing plants. Recruitment of low wage workers was a logical response, and meat packing companies took advantage of the fact that newly arrived immigrants represented a relatively pliable workforce, willing to work for low wages, and under poor working conditions. As a result, meat processing has become the single most important manufacturing activity in rural American communities."
    Perhaps the decline of working conditions and wages in the meat processing industry is caused by the illegal labor supply?

An illegal immigrant can be paid $1/hr and will never complain, collect workman's comp, unemployment, or health insurance.

If an illegal immigrant loses a limb to the machines, the plant's only cost is clean-up.

---

No American is legally allowed to work in such conditions, for such little pay.

Oberon

2. Rural MN needs the labor provided by undocumented immigrants:
    "The diversification of rural Midwestern communities by Latino, Asian and
    African residents is almost entirely due to the establishment or expansion of large food processing plants.
    I've never really understood the perspective that simultaneously includes the following points of view:

1. We should do the humanitarian thing and allow undocumented immigrants to remain in the US without any legal troubles, because

2. Our economy requires powerless people to exploit.

Paradoxically, if we take away the legal ramifications of undocumented immigrant status, I believe the labor market will immediately become less favorable to the employers of these people. It's the very fact that such immigrants have to fear "la Migra"... the INS... that drives them to accept crap wages paid under the table, or to work above-board and pay FICA using an assumed identity and never be able to make a claim on their benefits for fear of deportation.

Turn illegal aliens into legal aliens, and they no longer have to fear la Migra... and consequently they no longer have to accept whatever job is offered them. There is a certain perspective out there that says that our economy requires undocumented immigrants in order to function. Such arguments are oddly reminiscent of the perspective of the intellectual proponents of chattel slavery in the American South in the 19th century, which held that the Southern agrarian economy required slaves in order to function.