User Tag List

12311 Last

Default Church plans to burn Qu'ran.

Church plans Quran-burning event - CNN.com

Radical Islam you say?
    What about radical Christianity? What about them?
    Should bibles be burned in America since this guy seems to want to burn the Quran so badly? Something that many people hold dearly?
    Should this be the icon of Christianity to deface others?
    Religion of the devil?

This idea disgusts me as much as Palin and her mouth spouting about how having a mosque anywhere near 9/11 defames those who have died on that day. If Americans can see the difference of a radical Christian from one that is a lot less radical, why can't they see the difference of radical Islam to one that is more moderate?

I know that a lot of groups including christian groups are opposing it(however, it isn't the main idea of the thread.)

__________________________________________________ ____
    Thread merged

Read Funkadelic's post #7

Sniffles

Did you happen to read this part?
    Muslims and many other Christians -- including some evangelicals -- are fighting the initiative.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Did you happen to read this part?
    I did, which is why I am stating radical. They have literally pointed out that this does not represent them.

Yet, it seems a lot of misinformed Americans won't look at more a moderate Islam. Example, New York. Even with people saying that radical Islam/terrorist does not represent them, many still get pinned for it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

God save us from the stupid.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

What about radical Christianity? What about them?
    What about them?

Radical Islam:-

Radical Christianity:-

I'm being facetius because you're no doubt a secularist and hate both Islam and Christianity in equal measure, you'll find though that trashing Christianity doesnt solicit the same responses as trashing Islam, in the EU we know about this because London and Spain both have had trains and buses blown to pieces by fanatics because "crusaders are over running muslim nations" and in Holland an artist was chased down stabbed to death and then had his body pinned to the ground with a dragger which had a note on it explaining that blasphemers would all receive the same treatment.

The was widespread demonstrations threatening violence with many marchers dressed as intifada fighters or suicide bombers threatening violence because of a cartoon, yes, that's a right, a cartoon, much like the one featured in the other thread about athiests alledging Christian hypocrisy.

Fundamentally there is a difference, its the same reason that people mug grannies not a roving band of Hells Angels on the warpath, Christianity, especially Christianity in the west, has become a soft target. In the end you can burn bibles if you want, I'm sure plenty of people do and there's no issue with it, it will in no way endear you to or appease the political (more accurate than radical) muslims who're the real threat.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Takeru View Post
    I did, which is why I am stating radical. They have literally pointed out that this does not represent them.

Yet, it seems a lot of misinformed Americans won't look at more a moderate Islam. Example, New York. Even with people saying that radical Islam/terrorist does not represent them, many still get pinned for it.
    Hang on a moment, if the atrocity on 9/11 had been carried out by some insane and unrepresentative group of RCs I'm pretty confident that the RCC would have counselled sensitivity from RC congregations, issued an immediate attack on the actions of the individuals involved and rethought ANY decision about locating a Church near the site.

I dont think there is a case in which people do not want to see or know about a moderate islam, I dont actually accept these labels of radical and moderate which implies some sort of scale upon which you can situate believers, instead I think we need to talk about political islam, I care not if believers are moderates, militants, radicals or mystics if they realise that they can not and should not seek to govern the souls and bodies of non-believers, you can be as radical as you like provided you are applying the strictures to yourself.

In fact I'd encourage that, most theocrats get deeply involved in violent struggles because its easier to die for your values than live in accordance with them in an imperfect world, martyrdom is THE easy way out.

If they are successful, such as in Afghanistan under the Taliban the politicised muslims spent more time policing and killing people who they found non-compliant than they did ensure they where models of the change they wanted to see in the world.

To a certain extent that's the fate of all ideologies and religions which start with some sort of top down, state sanctioned and forced social change.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Exclamation Church plans Quran-burning event

Takeru's thread. He beat me to this topic:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...rn-qu-ran.html

I'm not trying to come off as an annoying liberal, but...
    this is a serious issue.

from Christianpost:
    The non-denominational Dove World Outreach Center, which has in the past joined the extremist Westboro Baptist Church in protesting homosexuality, is organizing the “International Burn A Quran Day” to oppose Islam, which it sees as a “violent and oppressive religion.”

Church plans Quran-burning event - CNN.com

"We believe that Islam is of the devil, that it's causing billions of people to go to hell, it is a deceptive religion, it is a violent religion and that is proven many, many times."

Hoooooray for Southern Christians! You've done it again!

Here's a slightly different perspective. This is Christianpost's report:
    Fla. Church Plans 'Burn a Quran' Day to Mark 9/11 | Christianpost.com

Is this ludicrous?

And don't even get my started on anti-homosexuality in churches...
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

And don't even get my started on anti-homosexuality in churches...
    We'll not talk.

Anyway, didnt you see the other thread? Too outraged to check?

MBTI
    ISTx

This is an awesome idea! This will accomplish so much! Perfect!

People are so fucking stupid...

MBTI
    ENFJ

I've always been a bit confused about book burnings. I mean, in this case, wouldn't they have to buy the Korans that they're burning (because, as Good Christians they would not own any themselves), therefore supporting those who distribute these books and support its message?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge