User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INTx

I'm neutral on the whole religious book burning thing. If I'm not mistaken, both religions wish each other to eternal damnation in the afterlife anyway, so burning a couple books is pretty minor and symbolic. It's just beating a dead horse. Or setting one on fire I guess.

I'm also pretty much pro- anything that pokes fun at islamic faith in hopes of either desensitizing them to how the rest of the world works, or giving the rest of the world a bit of a backbone to stand up to extremism. Ideally some of both.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Burn Qurans, burn Bibles, and really, burn religion away from the face of the planet. These ridiculous superstitions have been the worst thing to happen to mankind since history began.

Who knows how much progress we may make once we get rid of these ridiculous and outdated ideas started and spread by people who know less about science than a modern third grader.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I was raised that saying, "So and so's doing it too!!" isn't an excuse for your actions.

So the OP is saying Radical christians aren't any better than radical muslims. What else is new?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

And this is why people don't like christianity as whole.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

I don't have any personal feelings either way. Burn whatever you want. I'll assume the quran burners are just as offended as the op when someone burns their national flag. Just more of the same, no change, "My god can beat up your god".

Also, a billboard isn't the worse that's come out of radical christianity. They blow up buildings, fly planes into buildings, murder, etc. Obviously not on the scale of radical islam(at least not in this decade), but if the tables were turned it would be about the same.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INT-

I don't understand why setting books on fire that they pay for with their own money is such a radical statement one way or the other.

This is only as big of a deal as people make it out to be, in the end.
    INTP 4w5 SX/SP
    Tritype 4/5/8

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Fan.of.Townsend View Post
    I don't understand why setting books on fire that they pay for with their own money is such a radical statement one way or the other.

This is only as big of a deal as people make it out to be, in the end.
    No no no no no. This isn't like just burning something that they own, like incense or a resume. Burning the Quran is a symbol of extreme disapproval and hatred. It is a big deal because it signals that hatred and aggressive intolerance is spreading (or exacerbating) in the US. It is a very big deal. Americans have to be more thoughtful, vigilant, and responsible about their impulses and not let them be ruled by them like other fundamentalists, especially Islamic.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
    I don't have any personal feelings either way. Burn whatever you want.
    How could you not care? That kind of apathy is astounding. Your world is crumbling before you and you can't even be bothered to show an emotional reaction? I know that fundamentalists don't appreciate the world and the gift--it's really a gift--of life and consciousness. They are too selfish and afraid to take an objective survey of the universe and see what's really going on. But I would expect more out of someone like you who I assume has paid for and received a liberal arts education. If you can't be bothered to care, I have no idea how anyone else will, and that scares the shit out of me.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK1986 View Post
    Burn Qurans, burn Bibles, and really, burn religion away from the face of the planet. These ridiculous superstitions have been the worst thing to happen to mankind since history began.

Who knows how much progress we may make once we get rid of these ridiculous and outdated ideas started and spread by people who know less about science than a modern third grader.
    You'll make absolutely no progress because your hatred, opinions, and lack of understanding is tantamount to another fundamentalist religion. You have your opinions, they have theirs, and you both are willing to go to war over it thinking that if you opinions prevail, you will have conquered and won. Your mentality is no different from the fundamentalists and your plan--eradicate religion, make progress--is poorly thought out. You don't conquer hatred through hatred.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

'Radical' anything isn't good.

People need to chill the fuck out.