User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Yeah, I think this is just another sign that Christianity is not well suited to its current position. The New Testament was directed towards recluses and scrappers, people who were just trying to scrape through the world and humbly keep their heads down till the second coming, which was just around the corner.

It does not offer advice on how to be a majority religion, how to wield political power and influence. This was alien to the early religion. And as a consequence the vaccum of having the world stage has been filled with bullying and douchbaggery, uncharacteristic to the message of the early Christians.

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

I don't agree with the Florida pastor's project, but very few people consider all the Bibles burned by militant muslims every day and the thousands of Christians who are killed, tortured, unfairly imprisoned, have their churches and homes burned down every year and live in constant fear.
    About 200 000 Christians die every year as martyrs for their faith, and a very big part of this is taking place in Islamic countries such as Indonesia, Iraq and Pakistan.

The Voice of the Martyrs Canada :: Indonesia :: Providing Information and Support for Persecuted Christians
    The Voice of the Martyrs Canada :: Iraq :: Providing Information and Support for Persecuted Christians
    The Voice of the Martyrs Canada :: Pakistan :: Providing Information and Support for Persecuted Christians

I was really appalled when I heard of the five World Vision workers who were helping Pakistan flood victims and were killed by Islamic terrorists a week or so ago. They were there to help!

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    Yeah, I think this is just another sign that Christianity is not well suited to its current position. The New Testament was directed towards recluses and scrappers, people who were just trying to scrape through the world and humbly keep their heads down till the second coming, which was just around the corner.

It does not offer advice on how to be a majority religion, how to wield political power and influence. This was alien to the early religion. And as a consequence the vaccum of having the world stage has been filled with bullying and douchbaggery, uncharacteristic to the message of the early Christians.
    What are you talking about?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Okay firstly the guy is a fruit loop and should be offered help not media attention. He already got thrown out of a church for being too extremist and I believe it was he who helped set it up. This is a guy who believes, rightly or wrongly, that Islam is equivolent to the devil (I'm so not getting into whether that's right or wrong cause neither side can summon anything more than a whole bunch of whooey to support their feelings on the matter). Should he be lambasted? No. Why? Simple, he's acting within the law and if everyone hadn't jumped on it as the story of the week it would have passed like piss in the ocean.

Second point, don't islamics have anything about not raising something up which draws worship from their idol like hmmmm... a book?

Thirdly why is it that everyone is shaking their heads at this guy whilst quietly ignoring the riots in islamic areas which have been noted to have caused people ijury already? Okay so it was a private security force firing on a crowd but there wasn't enough information to assign even the premise of blame. Still anyone who says their going to kill or do violent things to people cause some guy burned a book thousands of miles away should literally be excluded from modern society. We refer to third world countries and first world countries, well it seems that this kind of religion (or practice there of would probably be most accurate) is a thrid world perspective and holds no place in a modern world where everyone to an extent must be included.

Religious divide or no if a group decides in a large enough proportion to resort to violence as a valid bargaining tactic then those who do not feel that way should make efforts to differentiate themselves and distance themselves. If not then they are basically protecting those who commit the violent acts and are complicit in the events.

Saying that I've no idea how many variations on Islam there is. Perhaps if that were more widely broadcast then you could have know groups of pacifist Islamics and groups to keep one eye on like is common with the Christ based religions.

Either that or just for once and all state categorically that these countries which already have religions don't need, want or wish to accomodate any new religions en masse. So if you move there, practice your religion up to what that country allows and quit trying to turn everywhere into home version 2.1.

In other news I see that the Taliban have already stated that they will attack christians pretty much as they will, which kinda states that they hold a book in higher regard than human life. Perhaps beating them to death with said book is poetic justice?

Also I think there was a leader of a country who seemed to be siding with whatever backlash his flock could come up with in response to this fart in a blanket. Perhaps Mr O'barmy would do better for equality if his response was basically "you start kicking off, we cut you off from everything we can. Capisce?".

Why run in fear from a few bullies no matter what their religious conviction. They wanted world recognition? Well this is part of the deal. Quit whining like little kiddies and grow up.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

I tell you what, I'm always skeptical of news coverage because reportage is a lot of the time fitting a frame created with foreign policy objectives in mind and I really think that the US and some of the UK establishment is gunning for Iran big style (although gunning for Iran could mean taking on China and/or Russia).

On the other hand some of the reportage of this issue really has made me furious this past couple of days, I heard on the radio LOTS about how this had to be prevented, I mean states putting pressure on other states to prevent this, which to me made me angry, who would give a shit in the west when the beheading of innocent contractors in live streaming videos didnt exactly provoke any wrath globally, a bible burning sure wouldnt matter. So I really didnt think that states should be taking an opinion or even debating sanction at all, it shouldnt have been headline news, its distasteful maybe, in the same way that the Nazi book burning was but that's it.

Then now I've heard radio reports that THE VERY IDEA has been enough to spark violent upheavels and threats to Christians globally, WTF?! At the point at which someone is telling me that if I get an idea they are going to mandate or contemplate violence against me I just think that they need to bring it.

The sort of struggle which is set in motion here is far more heated than the communism vs. capitalism cold war, each of those had a broadly similar objective of comfortable, free living, this is something else altogether. I dont know if its diminished longevity or impoverishment or what the hell that causes it but this thinking is seriously warped.

MBTI
    INTj

Americans should adopt Sharia law. Failing to do so could provoke militants to throw hissy fits and endanger soldiers abroad.

I am going to delete my Qu'ran pdf right now.

Sniffles

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Donny Deutsch that's an epic name . Like Andy American xD
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Epiphany

As immature as this pastor may be, the Islamic extremists' response is far more immature. People keep emphasizing that Americans need to be more tolerant towards Muslims and I agree with that as far as the non-violent ones are concerned. There is a difference between respecting a person's right to practice a religion and respecting that religion itself or showing reverence to it. It seems that many Muslims expect special treatment when it comes to sacrilege. We've seen this regarding illustrations depicting Muhammad. The real problem isn't this idiot practicing freedom of speech, it's the idiots threatening violence in retaliation. I don't think the attitude that the world needs to pacify violent exremists by showing reverence to their beliefs is the appropriate action. They are clearly the ones who are out of line. I think the media covered this story because of their own agenda to cast a negative light on Christianity. There is no shortage of idiots among churches who are protesting funerals and whatnot, but I think the media is partially to blame for this outrage.