User Tag List

123 Last

Default Evil Pedophile Sues State

BBC News - Soham killer Huntley to sue over throat slash attack

This evil pedophile murdered two young girls and used their friendship with each other to terrify them into compliance with him prior to the killing like something out of the Green Mile, he's not going to sue the state for tax money because he thinks the state failed to protect him from crime.

In some states in the US he'd have got a choice of last meal and that would have been that state's/taxpayers obligation to him fufilled.
    Last edited by Bellflower; 07-31-2010 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Fixed title/text typo

MBTI
    ISTx

You mean "he is going to [attempt] to sue the state"?

If the dude hasn't had his **** pushed in yet, he should be counting his blessings... He shouldn't be exempt from presenting his case as any citizen would because that's just proper, standard procedure (as lousy as it may be that he's even considering that, but what do you expect?). Hopefully circumstance dictates an overruling of his complaint. It would be inane that a guy like this would receive compensation for ANYTHING. The guy is simply lashing out in fear/desperation, as a reaction to the place he's put himself in. This man is lucky he isn't from another place and time, or it would be much, much worse.

I think under most circumstances it should absolutely be ensured that inmates are taken care of properly, and kept a close watch on, but for a man that killed two young girls (and who knows what else)... forget about that pampering bull shit. Throw him in a sewer full of water moccasins and dangle an anti-venom just out of reach.

I like this thought:
    Norman Brennan, founder of the Victims of Crime Trust, said that if Huntley won his claim, his victims' families should sue him.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Wow, he sounds like a batshit crazy narcissist.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I'm thinking this will get laughed out of court. Well, at least, if I were a judge, I would most likely do just that.

Whether people like it or not, the law is not designed to protect only those who you deem 'worthy' of protection.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Whether people like it or not, the law is not designed to protect only those who you deem 'worthy' of protection.
    Sad but true.

The sad reality is that there are a lot of solicitors firms prepared to represent clients like this, its a very, very lucrative business and there is nothing like the conscientious objection to representing claims that there once was, I think this is all wrong and if there where details about what solicitors firms where doing it I would support people trying to drive them themselves broke through false claims or whatever they can.

The reality is that hue and cry about misconduct doesnt work anymore, neither is there anything like the punishments or natural consequences there once was to assisting people who are rather nasty individuals, so the only way to attack them and possibly leave deterents to others in similar cases is to conduct some sort of financial strike on them.

Then maybe there would be less cases like this, I also think its absolutely ridiculous to suppose that criminals should have and expectation for protection on a par with or greater than the law abidding members of the public or employees of the facilities where they are housed (realistically that's what I consider it, accomodation, its not punishment really).

The only real incentives to law abidding that remain is an aversion to sharing the prison with other violent individuals, the state isnt going to punish you that way, it cant really protect its own employees from that let alone inmates.

What strikes me is that he could and probably will win this, it will then create a kind of contradiction, incarceration, particularly where it is alongside other criminals, will become unfeasible as a public criminal justice policy because it will be even more expensive than it is presently.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I also think its absolutely ridiculous to suppose that criminals should have and expectation for protection on a par with or greater than the law abidding members of the public
    If the legal system operated using that mindset, all people's rights would be at risk.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

If the legal system operated using that mindset, all people's rights would be at risk.
    I disagree. I think that some people's behavior is so clearly damaging to society that they lose certain rights as a citizen for committing those acts. Otherwise, what motivation is there for them to behave otherwise? All people are not moral. Some people must have behavioral correction.

I'm with the lady who said in the article that he's just lucky this didn't happen pre-1967 so he didn't get a public hanging.

Ginkgo

They are.

Rights are only static of they are upheld with consistency, but they are not. People circumvent the legal system frequently. Soon the circumventions actually become the legal system. Then we start all over again.