User Tag List

123 Last

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Default NH Primary and beyond...

Looks like Clinton may eat it soon.

I just read an interesting article today about racism, which mirrors what I've said about such racism in the past. Yeah, the people that responded were offended, but that's only because it was the truth, which draws out more offense than pure lies.

Top of the Ticket : Los Angeles Times : Hillary Clinton's ace in the hole?

The Republican race seems much more interesting because it isn't as strongly in favor of one or two candidates... I'm a fence-sitter on the republican side, where both Paul and Huckabee (though Paul much more strongly) seem like rather sensible choices that more closely align with my political views than the other candidates. So-far, it looks like the people are up for radical change...
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Yeah, the Repubs. do have a more fascinating shindig going on.

I pick McCain to lose to Obama.
    I do think he has actually regained a chance to win, too.
    I'm sure the GOP insiders hate the fact that McCain came back from the dead and Huckabee came out of no where.
    They almost surely had their money on Romney, Giuliani, and Thompson.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    They almost surely had their money on Romney, Giuliani, and Thompson.
    I'm glad to see HIM go. He had no real business being there, he was merely a candidate people were supporting not because they believed in him but because they thought he had a chance of beating Hillary.

It is the same mentality that got Bush elected; the party handpicked him in 1999 and groomed him not because he was qualified but because they thought he could win.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I'm proud of the fact that I have been forecasting this election pretty well.

I kept telling people early on "Giuliani is popular now because of 9/11 recognition. As soon as he gets in the spotlight, he's done".
    And what do you know?
    And I told everyone to look out for McCain, even at his worst times, when people would snicker. It looks like I'm getting vindication for that, too.

What I do think is interesting is Giuliani's strategy.
    He plans to completely skip the opening states, and just start with Florida and on. I don't think it will work, but I would be very intrigued if it did.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

The thing is that those three are also the most uninspiring candidates the republicans have. The out-of-nowhere Huckabee is interesting because I heard him mentioned somewhere else as a really strong contender, even though few knew much of anything about him. Interestingly, he may be the best candidate they have that could solidly appeal to average republicans and independents. He's not as extreme as McCain or Paul, but has radical views that, much like Obama, appeal to our change-oriented population. Not merely a changing of the guard and business as usual, but dramatic change, which is reflected by the strongest candidates from both parties and their respective level of strength at the polls.

This will probably be much more interesting than at least the last 3 cycles, possibly four. The last really notable buzz in American politics was about 15 years ago when Ross Perot ran. If you recall, he was the sole reason Clinton won that year.

Also, honestly, I think the democratic party is a fossil of a monstrosity. They may be the least-realistic, least-in-touch party since the joke parties of the early 1900s.

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    ISTx

Romney FTW.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    This will probably be much more interesting than at least the last 3 cycles, possibly four. The last really notable buzz in American politics was about 15 years ago when Ross Perot ran. If you recall, he was the sole reason Clinton won that year.

Errr... Bush would have lost without Perot. He dug his approval rating into the ground, and Clinton was a great campaigner.

Anyway.
    Huckabee actually said that Obama was his counterpart across the isle.
    That they were basically running on the same platform, in their own ways.

I don't think the GOP elite have been so confused in a long time.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Huckabee's also interesting because he's a Baptist minister.

Hmmmm.

The last really notable buzz in American politics was about 15 years ago when Ross Perot ran. If you recall, he was the sole reason Clinton won that year.
    What, against Bush Sr? Well, certainly not everyone agrees with that.... This is the first site I looked at.

Analysis: Perot's vote totals in themselves likely did not cause Clinton to win. Even if all of these states had shifted to Bush and none of Bush's victories had been reversed (as seems plausible, in fact, as Bush won by less than 5% only in states that a Republican in a close election could expect to carry, particularly before some of the partisan shifts that took place later in the 1990s -- Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, South Dakota and Virginia), Clinton still would have won the electoral college vote by 281 to 257. But such a result obviously would have made the race a good deal closer.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    What, against Bush Sr? Well, certainly not everyone agrees with that.... This is the first site I looked at.
    For some reason the stupid democrats think the Shrub win was bogus, but they forget that Clinton won with an even lower percentage of the popular vote...

Yeah, he would have won in the electoral college, but he would have lost the popular by an even bigger margin than Shrub did in 2000.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

For some reason the stupid democrats think the Shrub win was bogus, but they forget that Clinton won with an even lower percentage of the popular vote...

Yeah, he would have won in the electoral college, but he would have lost the popular by an even bigger margin than Shrub did in 2000.
    Isn't that just because it was divided down three lines?...
    Go to sleep, iguana.