User Tag List

First 234

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post
    As the surge and implementation of counterinsurgency strategy are getting underway in Afghanistan, what is your assessment of how the war's going for the coalition and if it's victory possible or likely?

I'm interested in how people think it's going/ will go and why. I predict almost everyone will have dreary assessments, since there is there is bad news almost always, even thought the press doesn't explain why or what it means most of the time.

Please keep the morality of the invasion and conspiracy theories out of this. My intent is to have "what is" not a "what should have been" or "what might be" discussion.
    Our troops are not there to "bring" anything but to keep peace and order untill the Afghanis can walk up straight on their own. The majority of Afghani civilians are happy that we are there. Some, of course, don't like it and react by spitting on us, but that's just something you have to understand, and you simply have to move on, and we do.

Norwegian Force Protection (same as me) w/Translator and camera crew. I know the guy with the beard (he walks up against the wall with bullet holes). Those bullet holes were warning shots when the riots started because of the Muhamad drawings... both Norwegian forces and Afghans were happy nobody got injured during the riot.

This is called "Social Patrols" where we try to get better acquainted with the people there and try to earn a bit of their trust, because all we really want is to help. And that's mainly what we do down there; help. If it weren't for that, Norway wouldn't even have been there, that's why we didn't join the Iraq invasion because the Iraq invasion was just way off wrong. The only reason why we helped with the intel in Iraq was because we wanted less lives to go lost.

People have lots to learn about why we're in Afghan I see.

[YOUTUBE=TeaaaIIi7T0]Norwegian forces in Afghan[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post
    So far most of what I'm seeing is what I expected: pessimism and assumptions of modern day imperialism.
    I'm not pessimistic, I believe the imperialists will get/are getting the beating they deserve.

Anyway the ex-German President pretty much admitted the reason for Afghanistan invasion was economic interest. so embarrassed of this open secret are our political elites, that he was forced to resign. the economic and strategic reasons for war are the elephant in the room of politics today, none of our cowardly "leaders" even dare to speak of these things to the "general public", but yet it's all they really take into consideration when making these decisions.

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    I'm not pessimistic, I believe the imperialists will get/are getting the beating they deserve.

Anyway the ex-German President pretty much admitted the reason for Afghanistan invasion was economic interest. so embarrassed of this open secret are our political elites, that he was forced to resign. the economic and strategic reasons for war are the elephant in the room of politics today, none of our cowardly "leaders" even dare to speak of these things to the "general public", but yet it's all they really take into consideration when making these decisions.
    This is about two inches away from being a conspiracy theory. Throwing the word "imperialists" and neglecting national security implications for Afghanistan since day 1 is unacceptable. I beg you to consider geopolitics and national security.
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

The imperialists are getting the beating they deserve?

Who are they? You mean the troops who're getting shot or blown to bits? You asked them? They're fighting for an empire are they? They losing lives and limbs for that?

I could get really angry about this but what would the point be, like I've said a hundred thousand times before and I'll say again, none of that nonsense is going to endear you or make one jot of difference to the taliban or AQ terrorist who'll kill you as an infidel-kaffer all the same whether you can prove your "anti-imperialist" (self-loathing) credentials or not.