User Tag List

First 26343536373846 Last

Results 351 to 360 of 573

  1. #351
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    See this, this right here. These three behaving like this.
    What do you have to say for your own behaviour?
    Likes Hard, Passacaglia liked this post

  2. #352
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Likes Julius_Van_Der_Beak liked this post

  3. #353
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    And why should they?

    I don't trust atheists.

    I don't trust any collective group.

    It would be weird for anyone to trust any large group of people.

    I'll pick and choose who to trust.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  4. #354
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    And why should they?

    I don't trust atheists.

    I don't trust any collective group.

    It would be weird for anyone to trust any large group of people.

    I'll pick and choose who to trust.
    Yeah, I think that's the most reasonable thing to do.

    There's usually no telling what someone is like from the labels they adopt, those labels are not going to be exactly understood the same by anyone using them.

    Orwell used to talk about supporting socialism as he understood it and the as he understood it bit as obviously very important because it was so different from many socialists and anti-socialists then and now.

    One of the greatest religious writers in my opinion is actually an atheist, Erich Fromm, its not surprising that how he understood religion may differ from many atheists and theists/religious alike.

  5. #355
    Senior Member BluRoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Hating someone because they are an Atheist makes no sense to me. Just like loving someone because they are a Christian makes no sense. I base my opinions on individuals and their behavior, not groups and their beliefs.
    Likes Xander liked this post

  6. #356
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BluRoses View Post
    Hating someone because they are an Atheist makes no sense to me. Just like loving someone because they are a Christian makes no sense. I base my opinions on individuals and their behavior, not groups and their beliefs.
    I think hating doesnt make sense per se though because its like love, you need to be thinking about that person or that thing, to have a kind of devotion, to feel it.

    Its like that saying that the opposite of love is not hatred its indifference.

  7. #357
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    See this, this right here. These three behaving like this.

    This is why this place is a ghetto.

    Dont anyone wonder why "this place has changed"
    Umm... you know when I posted that graph, I was actually playing devil's advocate for you? Then you went around and shit in my face by bringing up irrelevant crap about Israel. Like, wow, can I not mention hate crimes against Jews without having to discuss Palestinians with some wannabe leftist (or whatever you are) that fell asleep in high school when they taught WWII? I posted a graph about religiously-motivated hate crimes in the U.S. What the fuck does that have to do with Israel and the Palestinians? I loathe Netanyahu, but that's not really relevant to the statistics.

    So, I wanted to see how you felt about the situation with Ireland (I thought it was only fair), especially because you seem to have expressed a lot of hostility towards Protestants in the past. I was kind of surprised at how quickly you folded.

    I'm not anti-Christian, but I can't stand people who go around talking about who the world is oppressing them just because they encounter people with different viewpoints and attitudes. I implore any such individual to grow up; it's very wussy behavior that I can't respect. That goes for the left and the right.

    If you want to live in an echo chamber where you never encounter anything that's ideologically threatening, go join a community in Guyana or something. I do not exist, however, to validate and prop up your worldview.


    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post

    I'll pick and choose who to trust.
    Ditto. I judge people as individuals. It's how you act that's important, not what group you belong to, or what you say you believe. Similarly, I'll say that someone is acting shitty even if they're part of my "group" or "team."
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78
    Likes Hard liked this post

  8. #358
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    If the world didnt care about the Jews it wouldnt have liberated the camps, the british wouldnt have relinquished control of british mandate palestine to jewish terrorists (lets be clear here they fought a terror campaign and even the israelis dont deny that, they would say its the reason why the leaders of those campaigns didnt form the government but it was a terror campaign, seen by the left at the time as an anti-colonial struggle) and a lot of things I can think of.

    The lack of a German resistance to the rise of Hitler and to Hitler in power is a myth, the lack of German and global solidarity with the Jews during the rise and after the rise and during the war is a lie too.

    The holocaust involved the systematic extermination of more than simply the jews, they had a special place as figures of hatred, for sure, but socialists, catholics, trade unionists, populations of the most vulnerable physically and mentally were all put to death.
    If the world had cared about the Jews, they would have liberated the camps much earlier. Hitler took care of a population that many others were just as happy to see go. If they cared about the Jews, it would not have taken a terror campaign for them to establish a safe homeland. Solidarity with the Jews was strong and geographically far-reaching, but limited in numbers, power and efficacy. Yes, the holocaust involved elimination of lots of categories of people, including also homosexuals. Percentage-wise, however, I suspect the Jews suffered the greatest losses relative to their pre-holocaust numbers, with the possible exception of the handicapped/mentally ill.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  9. #359
    Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx
    Posts
    2,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    And why should they?

    I don't trust atheists.

    I don't trust any collective group.

    It would be weird for anyone to trust any large group of people.

    I'll pick and choose who to trust.
    I thought this way for many years. I self label now for political reasons. I for one could care less what you or anyone believes in god/s wise, BUT when the religious organize and fund/lobby politicians (tax free) in order to enact legislation & policies based in part or wholely on their religious beliefs (i.e., creationism in Kansas Kansas creationists' opposition to new science standards evolves - latimes) that often run counter to my own world view, I "feel" the need to react and be heard/dissent via self labeling, in addition to other means.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

  10. #360
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    If the world had cared about the Jews, they would have liberated the camps much earlier. Hitler took care of a population that many others were just as happy to see go. If they cared about the Jews, it would not have taken a terror campaign for them to establish a safe homeland. Solidarity with the Jews was strong and geographically far-reaching, but limited in numbers, power and efficacy. Yes, the holocaust involved elimination of lots of categories of people, including also homosexuals. Percentage-wise, however, I suspect the Jews suffered the greatest losses relative to their pre-holocaust numbers, with the possible exception of the handicapped/mentally ill.
    This perspective is not one that I've not encountered before, I wouldnt be satisfied with it because I've done a lot of research and read a lot about it and thought a lot about it but if it works for you sure, carry on.

Similar Threads

  1. Which type(s) do you think are the most reluctant (desinterested in) to talk about
    By Halfjillhalfjack in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 02:35 PM
  2. Fox: The Most Trusted Name in News
    By Gamine in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-28-2010, 04:35 AM
  3. Which types recognize the most strategic value in which types?
    By simulatedworld in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-19-2009, 05:22 PM
  4. The most beautiful songs in the world...
    By maliafee in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 04:31 AM
  5. The most members online in one day was 360, Today
    By INTJMom in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 03:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO