User Tag List

First 15232425262735 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Yeah, what is islamophobia? Is it a suggestion of fear of muslims or muslim practices? If its not then its not the same as homophobia, which is the fear of homosexuals or homosexual practices.

Neither of those things could be considered synonymous with bigotry and prejudice as a group.
    That's the most basic definition.

Prejudice is of course implicit in the hate/fear/contempt of a social group. Bigotry as an action would be a byproduct.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    What's ironic, is that the mocking of "rednecks" is often done in the name of anti-racism and tolerance for all races and peoples.
    Except rednecks aren't a separate race. Unless you count the gene mutations from the inbreeding.

I have "Islamophobia" because they kill random optometrists, fly airliners into tall buildings, and knock random girls off their motorcycles and set them on fire.

It's true. I saw it on the 11 o'clock news once. O_o

I don't know if those things have anything to do with their beliefs or not, but there you have it. That's why I'm phobic. It's not complicated. In addition to that, the good ones don't do enough to redeem their religion and instead make just about the entire rest of the world, from Britian, USA, Korea, France, or whoever, clean up for them. So I have "Islamophobia" because a great majority of "good" Muslims are too passive and cowardly to fight and let Jihads materialize to begin with. Islamophobia is nobody's doing except theirs.

Atheists are alright.. there's nothing about not believing in God that makes one inhumane. Even though I believe myself, I'm not that much of a jerk. Perhaps if they were some subset of atheism, like nihilism, I'd have reason to be concerned, but Atheism isn't necessarily nihilism.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Except rednecks aren't a separate race.
    Same basic principle is at work here and you know it.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Prejudice is of course implicit in the hate/fear/contempt of a social group. Bigotry as an action would be a byproduct.
    I'm not sure I agree with that but I've encountered that perspective before.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I have "Islamophobia" because they kill random optometrists, fly airliners into tall buildings, and knock random girls off their motorcycles and set them on fire.

It's true. I saw it on the 11 o'clock news once. O_o

I don't know if those things have anything to do with their beliefs or not, but there you have it. That's why I'm phobic. It's not complicated. In addition to that, the good ones don't do enough to redeem their religion and instead make just about the entire rest of the world, from Britian, USA, Korea, France, or whoever, clean up for them. So I have "Islamophobia" because a great majority of "good" Muslims are too passive and cowardly to fight and let Jihads materialize to begin with. Islamophobia is nobody's doing except theirs.

Atheists are alright.. there's nothing about not believing in God that makes one inhumane. Even though I believe myself, I'm not that much of a jerk. Perhaps if they were some subset of atheism, like nihilism, I'd have reason to be concerned, but Atheism isn't necessarily nihilism.
    More recently I've begun to think that the culture of disbelief or apathy cant really be equated with athiesm although it has a nominally athiest dimension because its contributing to the decline and disappearence of theism.

So far as being phobic goes, I think this is bogus, its a pretty good example of Orwellian doublespeak to describe reasonable objections to something as pathological disorders of the personality.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Except rednecks aren't a separate race. Unless you count the gene mutations from the inbreeding.
    Yes, actually, it's making it acceptable for people to be racist against whites. And all rednecks aren't "inbred"...your comment is exactly an example of what I'm talking about.

In fact, it seems like an extension of the bigotry that went on toward the working class Scots-Irish in the 19th and early 20th centuries. It's weird how people have just sort of forgotten about that, even with all of the child labor etc. that went on.

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

White power.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentMind View Post
    White power.
    Rainbow power?
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelic View Post
    Rainbow power?
    Sure, why not.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

Because sexual dissidents might be an even more disliked minority.