User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    NICE

Default Arab man who posed as Jew convicted of rape

An Arab resident of Jerusalem who had consensual sex with a woman who believed him to be Jewish, was convicted yesterday of rape by deception and sentenced to 18 months in prison by the Jerusalem District Court.
    Arab man who posed as Jew to seduce woman convicted of rape - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

Bounder or rapist...

Thoughts?

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

What strikes me is that he was convicted of RAPE, a serious offense, purely on the basis of his ethnicity. Had he been the ethnicity he pretended to be, there would have been no crime.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    NICE

I had a quick look and could not find any other country that would have found him guilty of involuntary rape. Google did bring up something about Germany in the 30s, though.

Ahem.

MBTI
    ISTP

A girl lies about her age and the man unknowingly commits statutory rape. The agreed upon "conditions" (her being of legal age) become irrelevant and the man is found guilty.

Here, the guy lies about his ethnicity and legal, consensual sex occurs, but the agreed upon "conditions" (his being Jewish) somehow become legally relevant and the man is found guilty.

Riiiight.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Not rape. This is ridiculous.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    ESFJ

I would imagine an American law student would be baffled/horrified if he/she were to look at Israeli law.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

the consent itself was obtained through deception and under false pretenses.
    Like that doesn't happen all the time!

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    That makes no sense! I'm a big Israeliphile but this sort of stuff upsets me. Poor guy. I really hope this gets turned over on appeal.

It is Jerusalem, though, and therefore less surprising. The religious and ethnic battlelines are drawn a little more intensely there than the rest of Israel. I sincerely doubt there would be the same verdict in Tel Aviv or Haifa.

Quote Originally Posted by foolish heart View Post
    A girl lies about her age and the man unknowingly commits statutory rape. The agreed upon "conditions" (her being of legal age) become irrelevant and the man is found guilty.

Here, the guy lies about his ethnicity and legal, consensual sex occurs, but the agreed upon "conditions" (his being Jewish) somehow become legally relevant and the man is found guilty.

Riiiight.
    Good point.

For that comparison to logically work it would have to be illegal in Israel for Arabs to have sex with Jews. Even then its pretty dubious
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

According to the indictment, Kashur met the complainant in September 2008 in downtown Jerusalem, presenting himself as a Jewish bachelor looking for a serious romantic relationship.

The couple then went to a nearby building and had sex, after which Kashur left the building without waiting for the woman to get dressed.
    "If she hadn't thought the accused was a Jewish bachelor interested in a serious romantic relationship, she would not have cooperated," the judges wrote.

Oh, come on now! Really? Where is her culpability in this? You know, for poor judgement.....

Thumbs down Trance Abuse

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Like that doesn't happen all the time!
    Yes, religions and cults put children into trance without their permission in order to teach them the most extraordinary beliefs.

To put anyone into a trance without their permission is called trance abuse.

Today in civilized counties trance abuse is legal, except of course in some countries like Saudi Arabia where it is only legal for one political religion.

But just as civilized countries have made child sexual abuse a criminal offence, so we can look forward to seeing trance abuse made illegal as well.

In future we will have to gain consent before we put anyone into a trance, for in a trance our critical faculties are asleep and our disbelief is suspended.

For instance, our disbelief is suspended when we use MBTI but no one asks our permission first. Neither the USA military or USA business asks permission to suspend the disbelief of recruits or employees before giving the MBTI test.