User Tag List

First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    I think what he did was an angry act because he had sex with her but didn't wait for her to dress, and he just snuck out. He was rubbing her face in it that he was using her. The fact that he lied about being Jewish speaks volumes to me. But a rapist no, a lying sack of sh*t yes. Does he deserve to have all her brothers beat him up, oh yes. But it only goes to prove a women should get to know someone before becoming intimate with them, if she had he wouldn’t have been able to hurt her in this fashion, but regardless he is an immature asshole, but a rapist NO.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII

She could have possibly gotten him on fraud in the U.S.
    Common law fraud has nine elements:[2][3]

1. a representation of an existing fact;
    2. its materiality;
    3. its falsity;
    4. the speaker's knowledge of its falsity;
    5. the speaker's intent that it shall be acted upon by the plaintiff;
    6. plaintiff's ignorance of its falsity;
    7. plaintiff's reliance on the truth of the representation;
    8. plaintiff's right to rely upon it; and
    9. consequent damages suffered by plaintiff.

This is a basic U.S definition of rape and her situation does not fit. Even the definition of rape in general doesn't fit her situation. No matter how much of a douche bag this douche is, he did not force her to have sex with him.
    “'Fuck', I think. What a beautiful word. If I could say only one thing for the rest of my life, that would be it.”

MBTI
    INTP

The story reminds me of Coleman Silk. He not only had sex with Iris, he married Iris.
    After the affair with Stina Paulsen, Coleman became wise.
    Maybe the Arab resident of Jerusalem had become wise, too.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

I really think she is trying to get some compensation for her stupidity. I wonder if they pay damage reparations in Israel. She could get quite a income if the perpetrator is required to pay damage reparations, and this would go into the thousands. Oh yeah and it's obvious as day light that israel has institutional racism. This kind of thing is just implicative of some outrageous biases.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

MBTI
    INTP

Not rape.
    Consensual sex does not become rape simply because one of the participants is racist. No more should he be convicted for this than if he had lied to her about his profession, academic credentials, marital status, etc.
    Completely, and sadly, unsurprising that this has happened in Israel - and no doubt that it has nothing to do with their judicial system wanting to be vigilant about prosecuting rapes, but because of explicitly racist sentiments, which the court has upheld and reenacted in their ruling. Damage has been incurred on two levels: both by justifying racist attitudes and policies, and, I would argue, by handling the absolutely serious problem of rape in such a farcical manner.

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    The story reminds me of Coleman Silk. He not only had sex with Iris, he married Iris.
    After the affair with Stina Paulsen, Coleman became wise.
    Maybe the Arab resident of Jerusalem had become wise, too.
    Wildcat, Ms Trombones sends her regards and says you make a good point. And as she has read Phil's book, she is better placed to comment.

Mr Shakespeare wrote, all the world was a stage, or some such. So if the world is a stage then we are all actors. The actor's motif: a sad mask overlapping a happy one or vice versa. When we walk out the door, we put on our mask - often for a variety of reasons. This is a requirement of the age - but the mask is of your own.

And when you wear the mask for long enough, you discover it just won't come off. A good example of this is our friend Provoker, now banned, and his distorted two dimensional anti-social construct. It's fair to say, if you play a role for long enough you become the role.

So where does this leave our Israeli lady, deceived and with left with a sore bottom. Many scorned women (and men) will do whatever is possible to get at their former partner. In this case, it is prison for our Palestinian gentleman, but this is not really the issue (but raises some interesting points about the Israeli legal system).

The ladies in these cases always stay anonymous. And rightly so.

References: POTIPHAR'S WIFE: Bible Woman: Joseph Rejects Adultery in Egypt

MBTI
    INTj

Is the story actually true? The verdict seems too stupid.

MBTI
    INTP

Many rape victims would love to trade places with her right now I'd imagine.

MBTI
    INTP

Wildcat, Ms Trombones sends her regards and says you make a good point. And as she has read Phil's book, she is better placed to comment.

Mr Shakespeare wrote, all the world was a stage, or some such. So if the world is a stage then we are all actors. The actor's motif: a sad mask overlapping a happy one or vice versa. When we walk out the door, we put on our mask - often for a variety of reasons. This is a requirement of the age - but the mask is of your own.

And when you wear the mask for long enough, you discover it just won't come off. A good example of this is our friend Provoker, now banned, and his distorted two dimensional anti-social construct. It's fair to say, if you play a role for long enough you become the role.

So where does this leave our Israeli lady, deceived and with left with a sore bottom. Many scorned women (and men) will do whatever is possible to get at their former partner. In this case, it is prison for our Palestinian gentleman, but this is not really the issue (but raises some interesting points about the Israeli legal system).

The ladies in these cases always stay anonymous. And rightly so.

References: POTIPHAR'S WIFE: Bible Woman: Joseph Rejects Adultery in Egypt

Bananatrombones, please convey my greeting to Ms Trombones.

Did he ever say he was Jewish? Everybody assumed he was. Everybody wears a mask. As you say.
    If he would have said he was Jewish, it would have been ridiculous: His persona was Jewish.
    Truth is elusive.
    Where does this leave our Israeli lady? A good question.
    The crux of the matter: If the man had been Jewish, where would this leave our Israeli lady?

Stina Paulsen was deceived? Read the book and tell me.
    Race is about an image. It is not a substantial thing. Substantial things exist.

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post

Did he ever say he was Jewish? Everybody assumed he was. Everybody wears a mask. As you say.
    If he would have said he was Jewish, it would have been ridiculous: His persona was Jewish.
    Truth is elusive.
    Correctamundo, old friend. The heart of the matter.