User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

No sin of the past came back to bite her, as I understand it. I watched the clip and it seemed to me she was making an anecdote to demonstrate that she once harbored racist feelings but she almost immediately saw that it was not about race at all. She was describing her own process of enlightenment. Not talking about a bad thing she did and then realized was bad.

What sin did she commit?

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

It would have been a sin if she didn't help the white farmer while working at the non-profit. But she did help him, and the farmer's family was gracious, and still are.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    No sin of the past came back to bite her, as I understand it. I watched the clip and it seemed to me she was making an anecdote to demonstrate that she once harbored racist feelings but she almost immediately saw that it was not about race at all. She was describing her own process of enlightenment. Not talking about a bad thing she did and then realized was bad.

What sin did she commit?
    She admitted to dragging her feet to someone in need for racist reasons, but she realized the error of her ways. It sucks this has happened to her, but I think she will end up in a better position than serving under someone like Tom Vilsack.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Fox news/teabaggers get a win anyway. It's the same ACORN bullshit all over. It doesn't even matter that they're wrong as their base will just accept what they said as is.

Did anyone catch Gibbs holding the media accountable for this and telling them that they didn't do their job in finding the truth? He let out a bit of the frustration that the administration has with a media that's so terrified of being called "liberal" that they happily report any kind of bullshit without checking sources.

rule of thumb, coming from a videographer, NEVER trust an edited clip.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelholic View Post
    Fox news/teabaggers get a win anyway. It's the same ACORN bullshit all over. It doesn't even matter that they're wrong as their base will just accept what they said as is.
    The ACORN videos were worse than what she said. They DESERVED to be raked over the coals for that.

Did anyone catch Gibbs holding the media accountable for this and telling them that they didn't do their job in finding the truth? He let out a bit of the frustration that the administration has with a media that's so terrified of being called "liberal" that they happily report any kind of bullshit without checking sources.

rule of thumb, coming from a videographer, NEVER trust an edited clip.
    Like MSNBC's armed Tea Partier who turned out to be black? They sure weren't "terrified of being called 'liberal.'" I think the administration has more important fish to fry, too.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    The ACORN videos were worse than what she said. They DESERVED to be raked over the coals for that.
    Have you watched the unedited videos? Or read the police report that absolves ACORN of any wrongdoing?

Like MSNBC's armed Tea Partier who turned out to be black? They sure weren't "terrified of being called 'liberal.'" I think the administration has more important fish to fry, too.
    This is the same MSNBC that has the racist Pat Buchanan and Joe Scarbourough right?

My point about the media was that you have someone with an agenda (like drudge or breitbart in this case) who leaks an edited clip and the rest of the media jumps on it without doing any kind of research or investigation because of the nature of modern media. and when said biased source is proven wrong (as they often are) they either don't retract or only half-heartedly retract and it doesn't matter because their base believes the original anyway.

And if MSNBC's Maddow and Olbermann are supposed to offset that somehow than why does fox always brag about having much higher ratings?
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelholic View Post
    Have you watched the unedited videos? Or read the police report that absolves ACORN of any wrongdoing?
    Yeah, I watched the unedited videos. I really don't care about the pimp clothes or any of that bullshit. ACORN shouldn't be funded by tax dollars, anyway.

This is the same MSNBC that has the racist Pat Buchanan and Joe Scarbourough right?
    And Fox News has Alan Colmes and Marc Lamont Hill running around. Doesn't mean it didn't happen.

My point about the media was that you have someone with an agenda (like drudge or breitbart in this case) who leaks an edited clip and the rest of the media jumps on it without doing any kind of research or investigation because of the nature of modern media. and when said biased source is proven wrong (as they often are) they either don't retract or only half-heartedly retract and it doesn't matter because their base believes the original anyway.
    I think the impetus is more economic than political. Most MSM journalists aren't concerned about coming off too liberal or too conservative. They are concerned about being scooped, because they are afraid to lose their jobs.

And if MSNBC's Maddow and Olbermann are supposed to offset that somehow than why does fox always brag about having much higher ratings?
    Because winners always like to brag about being #1. Major media companies aren't known for humility. In fact, individual journalists generally aren't, either. Maddow and Olbermann are pretty atrocious, though. At least as bad as Hannity.

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Now-innocent, yes. Unfortunately, a sin of the past came back to bite her, even though she turned over a new leaf.
    In what way did she sin? From what I've read, she told a story recognising her own frailty. That she did this in front of a crowd seems rather admirable. The family she helped have nothing but praise for her, so your beef seems rather irrelevant.

Is is possible to sack someone without asking for - at least - a full transcript of what she said? Are there some kind of mid-term elections brewing, or something.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    In what way did she sin? From what I've read, she told a story recognising her own frailty. That she did this in front of a crowd seems rather admirable. The family she helped have nothing but praise for her, so your beef seems rather irrelevant.
    There's no beef. I just said she did something wrong at one point a long time ago. It's really unfortunate it's come back to haunt her now, as she clearly doesn't feel that way anymore.

Is is possible to sack someone without asking for - at least - a full transcript of what she said? Are there some kind of mid-term elections brewing, or something.
    I know, right? You'd think this had something to do with people trying to save face.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    Honestly, I think it dissuades people from sharing moments of growth in their life. Instead, we're forced to always pretend we're perfect and haven't learned anything, in order to avoid having some nutcase twisting our story to suit his own political purposes and then being punished for it. That's really a shame, but an event like this makes one think twice about being open about ANYTHING even for good cause, especially if it shows a prior weakness.

It's just too easy nowadays to get your words twisted, splashed all over the national media, and summarily punished... judged, juried, and executed by Internet, all in a few hours. So much for a 24 year career.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft