User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 34

  1. #11
    psicobolche tcda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    I generally agree with the idea of unions having the right to reject MBTI typing in the workplace by bosses, as this is clearly an attmept to divide, categorize and discriminate. It seems we agree for once, oh "Conqueror" of Typology Central.

    Though as an aside I wonder if this Police "Union" fight against orders to break up the picket lines of other unions.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

    "Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

    -Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

  2. #12
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,538

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    I generally agree with the idea of unions having the right to reject MBTI typing in the workplace by bosses, as this is clearly an attmept to divide, categorize and discriminate. It seems we agree for once, oh "Conqueror" of Typology Central.

    Though as an aside I wonder if this Police "Union" fight against orders to break up the picket lines of other unions.
    I often find myself on the same side as Trotskyites.

    However in Oz we don't have a tradition of Union busting mainly because the Unions are represented in Parliament by the Australian Labor Party.

    However there are exceptions to this. And indeed it was the Labor Party that sent the army in to break a coal strike in the 1940s. And they have never quite been able to live this down and strike breaking remains the exception rather than the rule.

    And I have never seen the police break a strike, although the owners did hire private guards to lock out dock strikers not so long ago.

  3. #13
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Australia's values are different and better than the USA, and Psychology Departments in any Australian University will be able to give you a valid and reliable personality test, if you so wish.
    Too bad you can't produce superior Olympic swimmers.

  4. #14
    Reason vs Being ragashree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Too bad you can't produce superior Olympic swimmers.
    They produced Victor. I think you'll agree he can achieve more on here in certain respects than all the American posters put together, so that makes him a living example of that cultural superiority!
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

  5. #15
    Senior Member Beargryllz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    The proper course of action would be to determine for oneself which personality type is at the greatest advantage given these circumstances and then answer the questions in a manner which would indicate you are indeed of this "ideal" personality.

    At least, that is what I would do. Like drinking a gallon of water before a drug test. Except with less peeing.

  6. #16
    Reason vs Being ragashree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    The proper course of action would be to determine for oneself which personality type is at the greatest advantage given these circumstances and then answer the questions in a manner which would indicate you are indeed of this "ideal" personality.

    At least, that is what I would do. Like drinking a gallon of water before a drug test. Except with less peeing.
    Now if personality tests could reliably weed out people who'd be likely to be this dishonest, their problems would be solved. :rolli:
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

  7. #17
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    The proper course of action would be to determine for oneself which personality type is at the greatest advantage given these circumstances and then answer the questions in a manner which would indicate you are indeed of this "ideal" personality.
    And that is exactly what will happen, indeed.

    Doesn't anyone think into the future?

    Or learn about the past?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

  8. #18
    Reason vs Being ragashree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    And that is exactly what will happen, indeed.

    Doesn't anyone think into the future?

    Or learn about the past?
    Let's face it, very few people, unless entirely lacking in the self-preservation instinct, are ever going to answer a personality self-assessment test accurately if they feel they have something to lose by giving the "wrong" answers.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

  9. #19
    Senior Member Beargryllz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    Now if personality tests could reliably weed out people who'd be likely to be this dishonest, their problems would be solved. :rolli:
    I agree 100%.

  10. #20
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Too bad you can't produce superior Olympic swimmers.
    You live in a delud-a-bubble, dickman!

Similar Threads

  1. [JCF] Mesmerised by the ripples - Animals and MBTI
    By pinkgraffiti in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-04-2016, 12:03 AM
  2. The President, Astrology, and MBTI
    By Mole in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-22-2016, 11:31 PM
  3. The Color Pie and MBTI
    By Savage Idealist in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-17-2010, 01:34 AM
  4. Sonic the Hedgehog and MBTI
    By Mondo in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-25-2010, 11:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO