User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

I generally agree with the idea of unions having the right to reject MBTI typing in the workplace by bosses, as this is clearly an attmept to divide, categorize and discriminate. It seems we agree for once, oh "Conqueror" of Typology Central.

Though as an aside I wonder if this Police "Union" fight against orders to break up the picket lines of other unions.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    I generally agree with the idea of unions having the right to reject MBTI typing in the workplace by bosses, as this is clearly an attmept to divide, categorize and discriminate. It seems we agree for once, oh "Conqueror" of Typology Central.

Though as an aside I wonder if this Police "Union" fight against orders to break up the picket lines of other unions.
    I often find myself on the same side as Trotskyites.

However in Oz we don't have a tradition of Union busting mainly because the Unions are represented in Parliament by the Australian Labor Party.

However there are exceptions to this. And indeed it was the Labor Party that sent the army in to break a coal strike in the 1940s. And they have never quite been able to live this down and strike breaking remains the exception rather than the rule.

And I have never seen the police break a strike, although the owners did hire private guards to lock out dock strikers not so long ago.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Australia's values are different and better than the USA, and Psychology Departments in any Australian University will be able to give you a valid and reliable personality test, if you so wish.
    Too bad you can't produce superior Olympic swimmers.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    They produced Victor. I think you'll agree he can achieve more on here in certain respects than all the American posters put together, so that makes him a living example of that cultural superiority!
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    INTP

The proper course of action would be to determine for oneself which personality type is at the greatest advantage given these circumstances and then answer the questions in a manner which would indicate you are indeed of this "ideal" personality.

At least, that is what I would do. Like drinking a gallon of water before a drug test. Except with less peeing.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    The proper course of action would be to determine for oneself which personality type is at the greatest advantage given these circumstances and then answer the questions in a manner which would indicate you are indeed of this "ideal" personality.

At least, that is what I would do. Like drinking a gallon of water before a drug test. Except with less peeing.
    Now if personality tests could reliably weed out people who'd be likely to be this dishonest, their problems would be solved. :rolli:

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    And that is exactly what will happen, indeed.

Doesn't anyone think into the future?

Or learn about the past?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    And that is exactly what will happen, indeed.

Doesn't anyone think into the future?

Or learn about the past?
    Let's face it, very few people, unless entirely lacking in the self-preservation instinct, are ever going to answer a personality self-assessment test accurately if they feel they have something to lose by giving the "wrong" answers.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    Now if personality tests could reliably weed out people who'd be likely to be this dishonest, their problems would be solved. :rolli:
    I agree 100%.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    You live in a delud-a-bubble, dickman!