Permabanned
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    infj None

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I was suggesting that because there's no universally agreed upon mainstream culture, at least not a conscious one that anyone is going to defend or consider defensible, that its harder to establish a sub-culture or counter culture.

The so called "outsider" or alt cultures of yester year are the mainstream now and what was the mainstream is either gone, disappeared and disowned or been resurrected zombi like by a select few, in their own image, if you ask me as opposed to what it was likely really like.

What did you think posters were talking about?
    Yes, but it seems as though everyone is saying that there is no predominate culture anymore, because there are so many insulated and separate subcultures of their own, that are all different from one another, and that is in fact the new norm. I am saying I do not really think that is true.

I think I may have used "homogenized" incorrectly.

That's sort of what I meant.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    infj None

Maybe that is true, I'm not quite sure.

Things have changed, in the last 5-6 years quite a bit I think, but I still feel like looking around now, it's only when I can fully see it, where was before maybe not as much.

But in a sense there is still in many ways a prevailing kind of 'group-think' and expected upon norm I think. I still come into contact with it all the time with individuals most often condemning you for not thinking like them. In all honestly, I still don't think things have really change that much, only on the outside.

You are still expected to generally to follow standard social protocol, get a 9-5 job, settle down, have kids, TRY to buy a house, All of that stuff. It's still very conservative in many places I would wager
    (Like I said before, religion is still very dominate in many places, and many people aren't tolerant of things that aren't 'traditional' i.e. been around for the last, like, 50 years or so.)

Before I moved to the city, I had people always trying to convert me to Christianity, I shit you not. And also, many people are still not open to new beliefs, or different ways of looking at things. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with religion, but when it's such a dominating force and presence in a community, it's not really okay to me. That to me is the old world.

I mean, you have missionaries still chasing after you on the street, anywhere you go. God god them.

To try and prove this further, you need only look at the worlds current economic and social system to know something is not right. It has not gotten better, and has sort of just halted, stuck on life support. The status quo has become so deeply entrenched that hardly anyone is really even trying to challenge it anymore, if they even realize it still exists. I think that is a large problem. All that stuff has just been forgotten about. The hands with the most cards really need to start moving them around more, to give everyone a fair chance, but they simply will not.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    Maybe that is true, I'm not quite sure.

Things have changed, in the last 5-6 years quite a bit I think, but I still feel like looking around now, it's only when I can fully see it, where was before maybe not as much.

But in a sense there is still in many ways a prevailing kind of 'group-think' and expected upon norm I think. I still come into contact with it all the time with individuals most often condemning you for not thinking like them. In all honestly, I still don't think things have really change that much, only on the outside.

You are still expected to generally to follow standard social protocol, get a 9-5 job, settle down, have kids, TRY to buy a house, All of that stuff. It's still very conservative in many places I would wager
    (Like I said before, religion is still very dominate in many places, and many people aren't tolerant of things that aren't 'traditional' i.e. been around for the last, like, 50 years or so.)

Before I moved to the city, I had people always trying to convert me to Christianity, I shit you not. And also, many people are still not open to new beliefs, or different ways of looking at things. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with religion, but when it's such a dominating force and presence in a community, it's not really okay to me. That to me is the old world.

I mean, you have missionaries still chasing after you on the street, anywhere you go. God god them.

To try and prove this further, you need only look at the worlds current economic and social system to know something is not right. It has not gotten better, and has sort of just halted, stuck on life support. The status quo has become so deeply entrenched that hardly anyone is really even trying to challenge it anymore, if they even realize it still exists. I think that is a large problem. All that stuff has just been forgotten about. The hands with the most cards really need to start moving them around more, to give everyone a fair chance, but they simply will not.
    Your experience is really different to mine, I've not felt the way you've described feeling here since I was about sixteen or seventeen, if even as late as that.

I think there is a mirror opposite of what you've just described, its one partisan position, the one you describe, and the one I dislike is the exact opposite, at least superficially, maybe the underlying character traits of the supporters are the same but the trigger phrases are different. I think so anyway. Laterly I've got to feeling a curse on all their houses, Shakespearean like.

However, that said, I dont see anything wrong with something being old, especially not conventions or norms, it only means they've survived across generations because they've found to be useful, its like memory in an individual, most people wouldnt wish it away and want to spend every single day learning everything anew again, but at the societal level people want to embrace amnesia. It doesnt make much sense to me, less so does the demonisation of how many people and their parents and their parents before them feel about their lives, homes, way of life. That actually alienates a lot of people who wouldnt have cared at all and they wind up joining the ranks of haters.

MBTI
    INTP

subcultures always exist.
    Good result (vs. Soton)...still have to go #Arsene

Tengo los conocimientos estardiar....no hay un motivo para estar al tanto de la reunión que sucedió hace mucho tiempo ....